Manchester United Talk banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Ronaldo played terribly in all fairness. Apart from the goal which was a great goal and a couple of decent runs towards the end (when Sporting were tired and stretched) he was appaling. He kept losing the ball and tripping over it. Best game of his career???? Not even close. There was a clear man of the match for us. That was VDS who played excellently. Rio and Vida also played well. They kept it tight for us at the back.
Got to agree with you there Jazz. VDS put in a solid performance. Sporting really powered some shots into him and although they were straight down is throat, he did well to keep hold of them

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
with most of our players back it should be a comfortable win with the home advantage. . . . but it wont easy like last year as roma will want revenge but we should win it nicely

·
Registered
249 Posts
I dont wanna make rash speculations before I see how we do against chelski..
this season we still havent played against teams that can be called "top quality".. I know Everton and the spurs are good but they are no chelsea and roma.. so after we play chelsea I think we'll have a better picture of how we handle the big guns

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote Copenhagen, Celtic make life difficult last year when this should have been easy days.

I think you will find Fergy and his tactics had a lot to do with those games being difficult last year.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
let's get 6 points from the double header against kiev then we would of qualified then we can rest our key players and give the squad players some much needed experience in big european games

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i reaaaaally love united and everything about it, but i have my doubts when coming to CL success. I somehow think we need more of an Italian approach to crucial away matches ( Milan, Roma etc... ) . You can't let, for ex, Pirlo or Seedorf play undistracted. The thing Gattuso did last season to us, we need to do to strong oppositions. Even Arsenal and Liverpool away. We have brought in English version of Gattuso in Hargreaves and we should use his play breaking skills to ruin opposition attacks. As Ancelotti said : United tend to play football , while Liverpool tend to break the play, which doesn't suit us. We like to outplay the opponent.
And against Barcelona or other free flowing team we need to play firm, with many boring fouls cutting their play. We need a tactitian. I don't think it was a coincidence that we have been ( relatively)outsmarted from the CL over the years. Hope we make that one step further though

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
i reaaaaally love united and everything about it, but i have my doubts when coming to CL success. I somehow think we need more of an Italian approach to crucial away matches ( Milan, Roma etc... ) . You can't let, for ex, Pirlo or Seedorf play undistracted. The thing Gattuso did last season to us, we need to do to strong oppositions. Even Arsenal and Liverpool away. We have brought in English version of Gattuso in Hargreaves and we should use his play breaking skills to ruin opposition attacks. As Ancelotti said : United tend to play football , while Liverpool tend to break the play, which doesn't suit us. We like to outplay the opponent.
And against Barcelona or other free flowing team we need to play firm, with many boring fouls cutting their play. We need a tactitian. I don't think it was a coincidence that we have been ( relatively)outsmarted from the CL over the years. Hope we make that one step further though
Good post mate. You get karma or whatever for that.

This is why we've brought Hargreaves! He's even won the CL with Bayern. He will be crucial to our success.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
The_Red_Prince said:
we need a general in the team,a natural leader but im not sure who it is..........................yet
Neville is a leader, Rio is a leader, Rooney is a leader, Vidic is a leader, Giggs is a leader, VDS is a leader and Hargreaves is a leader. They are all natural leaders!

G

·
This is how I've got us finishing, even with a 1-0 defeat at Roma!

Team Pld Pts Position
Man Utd. 6 15 Qualify
Roma 6 15 Qualify
Sporting 6 6 Uefa Cup
Dynamo Kyiv 6 0

You can have a go for yourself at:

http://www.footballtables.net

P.S. Well worth looking at Liverpool's group to see just how desperate their plight is.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i think your questions were answered in the arse... game at the weekend ;)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
---and now - we'll see if we've learned something during the years ... ;)...will we use our "english hargreaves " to demolish barca ?

121 - 139 of 139 Posts