Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
There is a few goals on youtube and Ive seen others his record speaks for itself 37 goals in 38 league games
i suppose your right but look at alfonso alves he scored a ****load of goals in hollan and now look at him! agree though he could possbily be a world star with a record like that but you can never tell how players will setlle and adapt

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cantos red army said:
i suppose your right but look at alfonso alves he scored a ****load of goals in hollan and now look at him! agree though he could possbily be a world star with a record like that but you can never tell how players will setlle and adapt

Yeah I agree with that but after I read about his record I did abit of digging on the net he is highly rated .

He has been scoring for fun for the last few years.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Yeah I agree with that but after I read about his record I did abit of digging on the net he is highly rated .

He has been scoring for fun for the last few years.
hmmm sounds intresting....wonder does sir alex read here ;) tbh he sounds like the type of striker we need with a record like that too!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just read a few blogs there are few clubs trying to buy him in January .

Im not saying we buy him Im saying keep your eyes open for him .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For many fans across the globe, the name Lucas Barrios means very little. However, the striker needs no introduction to followers of Chilean football, for whom the 24-year-old has become synonymous with goals. The bare stats brook no argument. The Argentinian has found the net 37 times in 38 games for Colo Colo, in the process powering them to the league title and back into the Copa Libertadores.

The talk now is whether El Cacique can maintain his services in the face of growing interest from abroad. If news stories and rumours are to believed, this seems increasingly unlikely, with an imminent transfer to the old continent widely mooted. FIFA.com takes a closer look at the red-hot striker, who remains unperturbed amid the maelstrom of media attention.

Goals, goals, goals
A native of San Fernando in Greater Buenos Aires, Barrios's early years in the Argentinian top flight were modest compared with those of contemporaries like Javier Saviola and Fernando Cavenaghi. Instead, the striker's road to fame has been a rather circuitous one. After debuting in 2003 with Argentinos Juniors, the club where Diego Maradona made his first foray in the professional game, the 24-year-old had spells with Tigre and Tiro Federal in his homeland, Chilean sides Temuco and Cobreloa, before signing for Mexican club Atlas in 2007.

But it was 2008 when his career really took off. Colo Colo's then coach Claudio Borghi, on the lookout for a replacement for Humberto Suazo, decided to bring him south again following a difficult first season in Mexico. Borghi's judgement proved impeccable and Barrios wasted no time repaying the coach's faith in him. La Pantera (The Panther), as he is known, hit 19 goals in the Apertura Championship then another 18 in the year-ending Clausura, equalling Luis Hernan Alvarez's 45-year-old club record for most goals scored in a season.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stephen said:
He's 24. Massive gamble for any big side to take him.

24 massive gamble jesus batistuta was older and there have been others . All I said was he looks a future talent Im keeping my eye on him I just thought Id share it with everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts