Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im raging.....that goal should have stood. It was a great piece of improvisation
from Rooney and Giggs, and Ron was denied a goal. He also had another that was ruled offside.
Thank God Vidic scored and we got some justice.

What did you make of the corner? I thought it was genius :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Im raging.....that goal should have stood. It was a great piece of improvisation
from Rooney and Giggs, and Ron was denied a goal. He also had another that was ruled offside.

It was genius, but as the linesman showed, there's no place for Genius in football these days!

Scholes and Giggs have done things like that before with direct free-kicks haven't they ... where one taps the ball and then the other starts dribbling forward and scores to the surprise of the opposition defenders? :p

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yeah training ground move. We're not playing in the American NFL Howard :rolleyes:

But justice was done and again in the second half after that disgraceful tackle by Benetti on Ron.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
It was. I've been saying we should do more of this. We don't score enough from set pieces imo, obviously today Vidic did. But, today's corner, and last year against Liverpool I recall, gave us goals. We also did that one with Beckham and Scholes a few years back.

Against physical teams like Chelsea, working corners like this is a great idea.

·
Registered
734 Posts
it should have been allowed the commentator said it was disallowed because Rooney never told the linesman, thats a load of rubbish what did he think they wer trying to do, perfectly good goal not allowed but 5 seconds later boom Vidic it all works out in the end :D

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Cracking stuff but was gutted hearing the whistle :(
Oh well could have been a different story today if Nemanja didnt score right away!

·
U N I T E D United Are The Team For Me
186 Posts
Very clever. Immense header from Ronaldo. Nothing wrong with the goal. Justice that Vidic got on the end of the second corner to put us 1 up. Also to note, everyone remember when Giggsy took a sly throwing against a utd players back, many years ago?

Giggs is pure genius!

·
U N I T E D United Are The Team For Me
186 Posts
Grays comments about should Utds third count?

Tbh I dont care. How many decisions went in favour of Chelsea today?

I.E Carvalho on Ronaldo, which resulted in a Chelsea freekick!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
What an utter disgrace.

**** the respect campaign. Had we not scored again after that, I'd be going mental.

Ronaldo's goal was onside too, btw. Seriously the FA needs to get a grip on these losers who do not even know their own rules.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IanDangerously said:
Andy Gray and Dermot Gallagher's discussion on this is quite interesting tbh, anyone still watching?
yeh been watching. I love the idea about the spray cans, marking out the
white line for walls. They use it now in Argentina. There was a thread where we
talked about it but I cant find it...

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
that spray can crap is a joke if a ref cant keep order of a wall he shouldnt be in a job !!!

Noveltys like that are for american sports!!

The goal that never was should of stood though it was a bad reffing desicion.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
It is a pretty good idea, but like video replays, some people will say it'll cause too many delays in the game if the referee has to spray these lines out everywhere. Of course, it'll still be quicker than having to continually retake free kicks all the time though. :)

I hope they bring it to the Premiership eventually.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
It was such a wonderful piece of invention which according to Fergie was planned.
But it appears Roo ****ed up and didn't "tell" the linesman that he was gonna do
it, although the linesman should have been awake...

.....should have stood though, and what the **** would we say if he did it...and the
Cashly Cole walked over and ran off down the wing?? :pLMAO!

Jazz 16 said:

Yeah, I was watching that. Very good idea IMO, more so for the ball, then the wall
if ya get me. But both is good and it disappears in a minute or two was it?

Cross the line and your booked.....decent idea IMO

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
It was absolute genius.

I was furious when it was disallowed, what kind of stupid ass reason is "oh he didnt tell me" - like you have to tell the linesman ANYTHING?! IT WAS A SHORT CORNER - do you have to tell the linesman that you're going to take a short corner? no.

It's his job to be watching what was going on - he wasn't, he panicked, he ****ed up and flagged us for not paying attention himself. When you're taking 'normal' short corners, you don't tell the linesman. When you're taking normal corners, you don't say 'I'm going to cross it for Vidic' or whoever.

Thinking about it ****es me off, it was such a brilliant move and deserved nothing less than a goal.

Football referee's and linesmen are becoming more than a ****ing joke now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The goal should've been treated like a short corner. Of course it's a goal. The linesman bottled it. Great work lads, and Fergie said we worked on that in training. What a pity we didn't end up hammering that bunch 3-0.....

WHAT, WE DID?? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work by Giggs today. Plus I felt so much better having Neville at right back, no offence to Rafael 'cause he's gonna be great but the older lads made me feel more secure today. Park was immense too I think. Overall a fantastic performance.

WELL DONE LADS!!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Jazz 16 said:

He was onside and what about receiving a yellow card for someone fouling you. Carvallo's arms were all over Ronaldo. 3 terrible decisions and it shows that Luck is against Ronaldo this season. He aint having much his way at the moment. 2 good goals disallowed today and smashing his Brand spanking new Ferrari on Thurs morning.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts