Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/football/Cheers-United-announce-new-Budweiser.4564092.jp

Published Date: 06 October 2008

Manchester United and Budweiser have announced the renewal of their sponsorship agreement until 2010.

The American beer brand have sponsored the Red Devils since 2002 in a deal which renews their position as United's official beer and also includes hospitality packages for promotional activities and digital on-field signage in both English and Mandarin, to satisfy the club's Chinese fan base.

Although the terms of the deal remain undisclosed, it continues the brand's involvement with the Premier League which dates back six years.

Manchester United chief executive David Gill said: "Budweiser is dedicated to football and has been a valuable partner to Manchester United.

"Budweiser's use of Manchester United for marketing activities has brought loyal followers closer than ever to the club and helped create many new Red Devils fans along the way.

"The club and, most importantly, our fans are pleased to have Budweiser's support."

Bud renews partnership United

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6619956

Budweiser and Manchester United have renewed their partnership, extending the beer brand's proud sponsorship of the English and European champions until at least the end of the 2009/2010 season.

Budweiser’s presence at Old Trafford includes exclusive pouring rights at concessions and digital on-field signage displayed in both English and Mandarin, which is seen by United’s massive Chinese fan base.

“Manchester United represents the pinnacle of football and the club’s popularity, like Budweiser, spans the globe,” said Tony Ponturo, vice president, global media and sports marketing, Anheuser-Busch, Inc.

“Manchester United and Budweiser are a perfect match, both having strong, storied heritages and a commitment to being the best. As Budweiser continues to expand internationally, our connection with Manchester United helps create awareness and excitement for the brand around the world.”

Local activation of the partnership helps reach adult consumers far beyond the 76,000 people who pack Old Trafford for every match. The sponsorship grants Budweiser rights to use United's marks and player images in advertising, point-of-sale materials and packaging in key markets in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, North and South America.

United chief executive David Gill said, “Budweiser is dedicated to football and has been a valuable partner to Manchester United."

“Budweiser’s use of United for marketing activities has brought loyal followers closer than ever to the Club. The Club and, most importantly, our fans are pleased to have Budweiser’s support.”

The sponsorship also provides Budweiser with hospitality packages and match tickets for promotional activities, which the brand uses to offer customers and consumers once-in-a-lifetime experiences at the Theatre of Dreams.

Throughout the 2008/2009 season, Budweiser will launch promotions in the UK, Mexico, Argentina and Vietnam for fans to win trips to United matches.

In 2008, Old Trafford once again played host to the international finals of the Budweiser Cup, a 6-on-6 football tournament comprised of recreational teams from 16 countries. Players qualified through local tournaments throughout Europe and as far away as India, Paraguay, South Korea and South Africa.

In addition to competing on the pitch, Budweiser’s guests enjoyed a dinner with United legends, a tour of Old Trafford, access to training facilities and tickets to a first-team match.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I tried it recently for the first time at a market research session for Beer. Budweiser & Samuel Adam's, a Boston Larger, were both quite bad. :(

Sorry, that's just how my tastebuds feel about that matter. I don't drink much beer & the only brands I like are Hahn Premium Light & Toohey's Extra Dry.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
gr8 news pity it tastes so awful....should try budweiser budvar from the czech republic. they sell it nearly all supermarkets now. thats the stuff.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Budweiser is not beer....
It's the 'King of Beers' apparently. :rolleyes:

Budweiser is ok but if I have a choice then I don't drink it. Unfortunately, there is not a choice inside Old Trafford.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Butt-wiper they call it in the States. ****ing horrible beer even though I still drink it.
Id be far happier if we were sponsored by Carlsberg, Heineken, Miller or Tiger!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Good news for me seeing as Bud is one of my favourite beers :D

Lots of people knock it but I'm not sure why. Budweiser, Foster's, Carling, Carlsberg etc. all have a similar taste to me, but maybe that's because I drink them too fast to notice the taste :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts