Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
futbol said:
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly backed coach Avram Grant , to give him a 100 million-pound ($200 million) transfer budget for the off-season. Trust me , thats a lot of money !
Last summer Moaninho had to look at the free transfer market for every player besides Malouda. The New Special One at Chelsea gets £100M to buy players. Hmmm....sounds fair! :D
Didnt Abramovic lose this kind of money last season with his Chelsea?

Good luck AVRAMovic :D

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Anyone know what state Chelsea are in financially? Has Roman made profits or losses?

I believe in year one of Abramobitch Chelsea
lost about £220 Million and it has slowly come
down year after year.

But it's irrelevant.

Abramobitch is now worth £8 Billion according
to 'The Sunday Times Rich List' which is out
today as it happens.

So £100 Million to spend on players is nothing,
meaningless to him. Chelsea are a toy for him
to play with. As a business it's a shambles
right now. If Roman decided to walk away
tomorrow imagine the cries of despair, lmao.

Their wage bill must be absolutely horrendous !!!
A 'small' stadium doesn't help and the fans
appeared from nowhere ... they will disappear
to nowhere too if the bubble bursts at The Bridge !!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Let them buy who ever they want...they buy players they do not need like Ivanovic...we on the other hands only go for the players we need and at the moment we need a rb and a striker and if we sell any one we might need replcement. They buy players also just to stuff other clubs up like us when we went in for Mikeal or Robben or Ballack or Essien...but then again they have internal disputes like Robben leaving and Duff since they don't play as much and other reasons too which we don't have

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
sparkic said:
Let them buy who ever they want...they buy players they do not need like Ivanovic...we on the other hands only go for the players we need and at the moment we need a rb and a striker and if we sell any one we might need replcement. They buy players also just to stuff other clubs up like us when we went in for Mikeal or Robben or Ballack or Essien...but then again they have internal disputes like Robben leaving and Duff since they don't play as much and other reasons too which we don't have
oh...Ivanovic very good player...
They kill talents of good players...:mad:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
good article, interesting read

what i think roman needs to realise tho is that you cant build a club like manchester united or real madrid with money. you need to start from scratch with history and heritage. chelsea have none of that. united have the history of the busby babes, the crash, the historic champions league wins, the influencial players that change football. but when you go back years upon years what can you say about chelsea. they were a terrible side fighting to keep them going financially with one or two good players in their time. clubs like us and real madrid, milan and even liverpool have history. and until chelsea get some of that history they will never be in the same league as clubs like us

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Grif SA said:
Roman has not made any money while at Chelsea I believe. But then again, he's not using Chelsea to make money, now is he? He already has $15 billion at least. He wants to turn Chelsea into what United are. And you know what, I wish Abramovich had bought United. He's an owner I'd welcome. He's passionate about his team, you see him in the stands at the home games, and he doesn't care about making money, he cares about his team and their success, no matter what the cost, literally. Even if it's over $200 million...
So basically, you want an owner who gets involved in team affairs, has an ego bigger than Mourinhos and whos team record losses every year since he took over? Hmmmmmmmm

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, this doesn't scare me. It will only scare me if they somone manager to put together a fantastic squad, who play like a team and end up being totally fantastic.

Yes, they look like they want great players. But the players they want to sign are unrealistic, and I can't see how they would all work in the same team, football and personality wise.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I believe in year one of Abramobitch Chelsea
lost about £220 Million and it has slowly come
down year after year.

But it's irrelevant.

Abramobitch is now worth £8 Billion according
to 'The Sunday Times Rich List' which is out
today as it happens.

So £100 Million to spend on players is nothing,
meaningless to him. Chelsea are a toy for him
to play with. As a business it's a shambles
right now. If Roman decided to walk away
tomorrow imagine the cries of despair, lmao.

Their wage bill must be absolutely horrendous !!!
A 'small' stadium doesn't help and the fans
appeared from nowhere ... they will disappear
to nowhere too if the bubble bursts at The Bridge !!!
The thing is, if Abramovitch pulls out, they are in deep financial trouble.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
yeah..with abramovitch they have a man who is ready to give anything to the team to win but him meddling in chelsea's business causes problems within chelsea which led to the firing of mourinho.......
now grant didnt win anything(yet) and he is rumoured to be he next to be thrown out of the club.....
i would rather have someone who doesnt meddle in the managers business....like the glazers who lets SAF do wahtever he wants.......

·
Registered
245 Posts
futbol said:
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly backed coach Avram Grant , to give him a 100 million-pound ($200 million) transfer budget for the off-season. Trust me , thats a lot of money !

Roman Abramovich is grateful to the Isreali for stepping in at Chelsea , after the chaos caused by Jose exit. And shows faith in him ! And the billionaire wants to bankroll Grant and give him the chance to prove himself with his own team, with AC Milan's Kaka, Lionel Messi of Barcelona and Bayern Munich wing ace Franck Ribery heading the list of Chelsea targets.

Chelsea have got a lot of 'dead wood' in thie team by thier standards....Out could go Didier Drogba and Andriy Shevchenko, while the club would be happy to offload Florent Malouda, Juliano Belletti, Claudio Pizarro, Steve Sidwell and Tal Ben Haim.

Things can always change but Roman believes Avram deserves the chance to show what he can do with his own team,

Sources : Various
SELL BELLETI ; HE'S GREAT WHEN HE PLAYS :confused: :confused: :confused:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts