Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
England hopeful Ashley Young is a £15million target for Chelsea as Roman Abramovich plans to buy British in the summer.

Young has been earmarked by Chelsea — along with Manchester City youngster Daniel Sturridge — as the replacement for France winger Florent Malouda, who will be offloaded at the end of the season after two disappointing seasons at Stamford Bridge.

The Aston Villa winger has flourished under Martin O’Neill since an £8.5m move from
Watford but he wants Champions League football next season to boost his international prospects under Fabio Capello.

Young has been left out of the latest England squad as Villa’s run of seven games without a win has hit their chances of finishing in the top four.

Chelsea are also front-runners to sign Sturridge, whose contract at City runs out in the summer.

The teenage striker is guided by his family, including Uncle Dean, who used to play at
Derby. So far, he has rejected City’s £40,000-a-week offer and manager Mark Hughes admits he is finding the situation frustrating.

Interesting and believable read. I'd like to think if Chelsea made a bid for Young we could match it, and have a real quality England player on our hands so solve the left wing problem.

Sturridge I think is more likely to go somewhere where he could get first team football, maybe even Villa.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Young would be a great buy. His crossing would compliment the likes of Drogba, Ballack, Terry, Calvalho ect perfectly.

----------Essien---Lampard---Deco-------------

--Cole--------------------------------------Young--

---------------------Drogba----------------------

That is a pretty frightening side in all honestly.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Young would be a great buy. His crossing would compliment the likes of Drogba, Ballack, Terry, Calvalho ect perfectly.

----------Essien---Lampard---Deco-------------

--Cole--------------------------------------Young--

---------------------Drogba----------------------

That is a pretty frightening side in all honestly.
I thought Deco are fated to leave Chelsea this summer......before they can buy Mr Young, they need to make rooms for new player...player like malouda, deco, maybe ballack, maybe quaresma.....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
sturridge contract is done by the season and should leave citeh since they buying all these players and the youth will find i hard coming through the ranks there. hart should leave as well as i dont see given retiring anytime soon and was a prospect for future england goalie.

but dont see sturridge going to chelski but at a team where he will be playing more consistently like villa and dont see young leaving villa just yet

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
We need to go for Young, i can't help but feel he is the next one to come back and haunt us if we miss out... Like Torres, Essien, Ronaldinho...

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I cant see either hapening tbh. Young is immense though and would do well at chelsea, sturridge is also a promising talent but i think it is to early for him to move to a big club like chelsea.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Dont think Young is quite good enough. Sturridge however, I would love to see him in a red shirt. If we got him I might be slightly happier about not paying 30mil for Tevez. Roon, Berba and Ronaldo with Welbeck and Sturrdige...

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I would have to say Joe Cole is far more dangerous & creative.

Although having Young & Joe Cole on opposite flanks might give them a new dynamic to play with.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I would have to say Joe Cole is far more dangerous & creative.

Although having Young & Joe Cole on opposite flanks might give them a new dynamic to play with.
When was the last time you actually saw Cole have a blinder and honestly say, I wish he was a United player (before his injury obv)... its a long time since i genuinely rate Cole, he is a good player nothing more, in the 8-12 million bracket in an honest transfer imo

Young has quality, but the step up to a big club might be too much like SWP... I think he should stay with Martin O'Neill, he seems to have him brimming with confidence!!

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
When was the last time you actually saw Cole have a blinder and honestly say, I wish he was a United player (before his injury obv)... its a long time since i genuinely rate Cole, he is a good player nothing more, in the 8-12 million bracket in an honest transfer imo

Young has quality, but the step up to a big club might be too much like SWP... I think he should stay with Martin O'Neill, he seems to have him brimming with confidence!!
I think that he is much better than Wright phillips, swp is just pace while I think young offers you more (better crosser, set pieces etc)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts