Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea slipped up again at home to Hull today and if we do our job that'll be 10 points ahead of them and too much to overhaul. Liverpool nearly headed for a loss until Portsmouth decided to hand them a couple of goals with truly atrocious defending late on.

But what our opponents did today doesn't really matter, everything is in our own hands and tomorrow will be one of the few tough games left on our fixture list. If we win that it will be a massive step towards a 3rd successive title. And I believe we will get that win tomorrow to send out a huge message to everyone else while we continue setting new records.

Don't beat yourself about other teams results too much this weekend, this could be the weekend where we well and truly take things in our stride, one of those classic United games where you look back on at the end of the season and think that was a huge moment.

Come on UNITED.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agreed. Of course it's annoying to see scousers score two late goals twice in a row now but we shouldn't care too much about the results of rival teams. We don't need anyone to win it for us, we're good enough to win it ourselves.

Chelsea are not the same team they were few years back or even last year. I have no idea what Scolari did to them, they're absolutely clueless. Out of the title race, well and truly.

Liverpool on the other hand... We're fighting for the title with Liverpool, does that make you shake in your boots? :D

Tomorrow is a big day. A win from such a difficult fixture with a lot of pressure would be huge and would send a message for Liverpool that whatever they do they'll always be below us.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
13 wins at upton park in entire history of the league .

I have been there twice as a united fan and it is the most hostile away i have been to other than everton .

Regardless of where they are this game lifts them like no other .

A win there and the run in should be plain sailing . i would drop tevez though as link so strong i think his game suffers

Z

·
0 Posts
Here's UR with his quarterly positive thinking thread :D

It certainly is in our hands now. As long as we keep matching Liverpool's results and beat them at Old Trafford then title number 18 is on it's way to Old Trafford. I'm always a bit nervy going to West Ham because they've been a bit of a bogey team for us in recent seasons. I'm especially nervy about tomorrow because if we lose, Liverpool will stay top of the table, albeit having played a game more.

I hope Zola sets out to attack us because that should play into our hands and give the strikers and wingers room to operate. I'd take another 1-0 win at the moment but I'm hoping for us to bang a few goals in tomorrow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Always a difficult fixture for us, and West Ham have picked up a bit recently too.

We need a point to knock the scousers off their perch, the more times they put us under pressure and we win the more nervous they'll become. Our lot have done all this before, we have players coming back and are the League's form team, so let's go for the 3 points. :cool:

·
Registered
601 Posts
ReddestFront said:
Always a difficult fixture for us, and West Ham have picked up a bit recently too.

We need a point to knock the scousers off their perch, the more times they put us under pressure and we win the more nervous they'll become. Our lot have done all this before, we have players coming back and are the League's form team, so let's go for the 3 points. :cool:

yeah, we should get three points, we have found it difficult against west hame, but its a new manager, and zola is doing better than start of season. But we should get all 3 points. Just need to worry about on form bellemy. We hav rooney back waiting to score. Tevez played well last match, wished he would stop being selfish sometimes and berbagod/ vidic are on form playes at the moment. If berba is playing well no doubt there will be chances created.

·
Registered
553 Posts
******* come onnnnnnnnnn

We are MAnchester United, lets ******* have it. 3-0, no ******* about, best team on the planet. Di Michelle? Who the **** is he?! Can't let them even have a say, lets ******* do them!!!

Yes, i'm drunk.

Love you all xx

·
Registered
70 Posts
trikam patel said:
y Just need to worry about on form bellemy. We hav rooney back waiting to score. Tevez played well last match, wished he would stop being selfish sometimes and berbagod/ vidic are on form playes at the moment. If berba is playing well no doubt there will be chances created.
wouldn't worry about Bellamy, he's at Chitty now !!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ady87 said:
******* come onnnnnnnnnn

We are MAnchester United, lets ******* have it. 3-0, no ******* about, best team on the planet. Di Michelle? Who the **** is he?! Can't let them even have a say, lets ******* do them!!!

Yes, i'm drunk.

Love you all xx
lol Nice one

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It's down to us, West Ham is a bit of a bogey team, but we need to show sheer class for the rest of the season, same assertive performance like what we did to Chelski, and we'll be up there. Win next 2 games and we'll be 5 points from Livershit and 10 from Chelski! Come on United!!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
TBH I was a little gutted with the dipper miracle against Pompey. But when you really look at it, it wasn't shrivelpool's good play or virtually non-existent pressure that won it, it was a gift from a very bad Portsmouth side.

We are still well in the driving seat, just need to push on, show our class and make a statement at upton park, then at home to fulham.

I seem to remember a similar 'miracle' that l'arse pulled off against notlob last season when they were at the beginning of their new year swoon. I recall that being described as a 'season saver' as well.

We all know what happened to 'l'arse last season - 3rd was it? :D

Z

·
0 Posts
21 May 2008 said:
Looks like some of you are feeling the pressure. Not as cocky before huh? :rolleyes:

Hate to say it, but I told you they wouldn't go away.
Stop pretending to be a United fan mate, it's getting boring now.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
21 May 2008 said:
Looks like some of you are feeling the pressure. Not as cocky as before huh? :rolleyes:

Hate to say it, but I told you they wouldn't go away.
lol what pressure? Pool were lucky!! so what? Chelsea have fallen further behind
so we only have YOU to 'worry' about :p You have been knocked out of the
domestic cups, soon to be knocked out of Europe, and soon to be out of the
title race(as PER) :D Its full steam ahead on the United train, so long sucker :)

S

·
0 Posts
21 May 2008 said:
I'm a United fan, I'm just not silly enough to say Liverpool have no shot at the title.
You're very close to being booted as a complete and utter WUM.
You should stick to baseball fella, did you ever get the download you were after in 2006 ? :eek: :D ;)

·
Banned
146 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol what pressure? Pool were lucky!! so what? Chelsea have fallen further behind
so we only have YOU to 'worry' about :p You have been knocked out of the
domestic cups, soon to be knocked out of Europe, and soon to be out of the
title race(as PER) :D Its full steam ahead on the United train, so long sucker :)
I wish I had your confidence, but they just won't fecking go away. :eek:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Cappy said:
Kinda like you? ;)
haha class answer
like a fly that you hit with the news paper it goes down plays dead than comes back again and flys at the window glass again untill you repeat the process or hitting it and waiting for it to fly at glass again ... damn things

1 - 20 of 40 Posts