Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rangers sink Chelsea in Glasgow

Nacho Novo and Filip Sebo cracked in late goals to give Rangers a 2-0 win over Chelsea in their Ibrox friendly.
The runners-up from Scotland and England last season put on an entertaining show, full of good chances and a few crunching tackles.

Novo found the net via a post on 86 minutes with wonderful strike from 20 yards after good work from Chris Burke.

A minute later, Sebo made up for an earlier glaring miss with a deflected strike from similar range.

The win sets Rangers up perfectly for the first leg of their Champions League second-round qualifier against FK Zeta on Tuesday.

Both sides made eight substitutions during the game but the game managed to flow more than most pre-season games.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba flashed a header across the face of goal and past the upright and his new team-mate Florent Malouda tried his luck with a long range strike in the first half.

Sebo, a much-maligned figure last season, somehow then managed to mis-kick in front of goal from eight yards.

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar did well to block a point-blank shot from Claudio Pizarro on the line before the new Chelsea recruit tested Roy Carroll with a stinging effort.

Rangers finished strongly and a surging run from Burke set up Novo for his impressive strike.

Sebo then sent Ibrox into raptures with a thunderous effort, albeit one which took a big deflection.

Having drawn with Ajax on Tuesday, Rangers manager Walter Smith is happy with the way his side is shaping up.

"We had to work very hard in both games and hopefully that will be a benefit to us on Tuesday," he said.

"It's always nice to win a match but in a pre-season friendly, the most important thing isn't the result, it's getting a competitive edge.

"We've still got a lot of gelling to do. We have a lot of new players that we have to fit into our team and there are aspects of play we have to work on."

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Sebos a pile of s**t aswel, u should of seen him last year playing against Aberdeen. He was Aberdeens man of the match with all his s**t passing, shooting etc

·
Banned
836 Posts
Did Chelsea field out their strongest team? I pretty much doubt it, friendlies probably mean nothing to Chelsea. If that's the case, if Rangers can beat Chelsea, then every other team could, including us.

·
Registered
406 Posts
ChelseaCech; Diarra, Terry, Ben Haim, Johnson; J Cole, Sidwell, Lampard, Malouda; Drogba, Schevchenko Subs used Hilario, A Cole, Carvalho, Mikel, Pizarro, Sinclair, Wright-Phillips.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
No excuses about the result after seeing that line up hahahaha

This is how s**t Sebo is:

wow thats poor, i'd commit suicide if I ever missed like that.

Have to laugh at Mikel, I dont rate him as anything above a Championship player yet Mourihno see's something in him...

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keano's fan said:
ChelseaCech; Diarra, Terry, Ben Haim, Johnson; J Cole, Sidwell, Lampard, Malouda; Drogba, Schevchenko Subs used Hilario, A Cole, Carvalho, Mikel, Pizarro, Sinclair, Wright-Phillips.
Dont get making excuses for them - no one enters into pre season friendlies wanting a defeat of any kind - it does nothing but dent your confidence. A few wins - never mind who against gets you right in the mood for wanting more wins - anyway.......seeing Chelsea l;ose just gives me a nice warm feeling inside :p :p

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Justice said:

Have to laugh at Mikel, I dont rate him as anything above a Championship player yet Mourihno see's something in him...
yeah well Sebos misses sitters like that every game lol

And for Mikel, can't belive we got £12 million for him :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Dont get making excuses for them - no one enters into pre season friendlies wanting a defeat of any kind - it does nothing but dent your confidence. A few wins - never mind who against gets you right in the mood for wanting more wins - anyway.......seeing Chelsea l;ose just gives me a nice warm feeling inside :p :p
Lol I was making the point that they lost even though they fielded a strong team. It was the opposite of making an excuse for their lost! :p

·
Registered
406 Posts
Justice said:

I hate Mikel the person but I rate him highly as a player and obviously Sir Alex shares the same view.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keano's fan said:
Lol I was making the point that they lost even though they fielded a strong team. It was the opposite of making an excuse for their lost! :p
I am very sorry - I mean to quote the Geordie Mancunian man above you because he say he doubts they field the best team but they do - and they get beaten too :)

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
Aslong as Ballack stays, thats one less player you have to mark at Chelsea. I swear he just stays in the same place for 70 minutes before he's subbed off with some form of injury.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
..............and they lose again - 3-0 on pens, lmao........

Be nice if we report about 10 defeats for them this season on here.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts