Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.soccerway.com/news/2008/August/01/chelsea-lose-shootout-in-moscow-again

MOSCOW (AFP) - Chelsea once more had a penalty shootout defeat in Moscow, in the Railways Cup tournament on Friday night, following their Champions League final loss to Manchester United in May.

The stakes were much lower this time however as Luiz Felipe Scolari's men fell to Lokomotiv Moscow 5-4 on penalties after the match ended 1-1 in this semi-final of a friendly, pre-season event.

It was Andrei Shevchenko who missed the fatefull kick, sending Lokomotiv into Sunday's final where they will meet Sevilla, 1-0 victors over AC Milan in the other last-four match.

Chelsea dominated play from the start and went into the lead through Michael Essien, who fired home on 27 minutes after Nicolas Anelka fed him on the edge of the box from Deco's precise cross from the right.

After the break Chelsea still dominated play but the hosts nevertheless managed to equalise through defender Ruslan Kambolov, who beat Chelsea keeper Petr Cech with a well-struck freekick with six minutes to go.

In a penalty shootout that followed Cech parred the series-opening spotkick by Lokomotiv skipper Diniyar Bilyaletdinov but Lokomotiv goalkeeper Ivan Pelizzoli denied Wayne Bridge's attempt later to level the scores.

Pelizzoli deflected Shevchenko's shot to put his side into the final.

In the other semi-final, AC Milan stopper Gennaro Gattuso netted the only goal of the match sending the ball into his own net in an attempt to clear Enzo Maresca's right-handed cross from a freekick two minutes after the interval.

Chelsea play AC Milan for third-place in the tournament, also on Sunday.

- I don't care what the politically correct might say.
I simply cannot help but smile whenever I read that Chelsea has had some misfortune....it warms the ****les of my heart! :D

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Sweet sweet music to my ears hearing this !!

Half their problem is the weight gain of a certain Fat Frank Lampard !!

It has now reached monstrous proportions !!

He eats his own body weight in food now ...

Comfort food since his long term lover Jose Moaninho left !!

But soon they will be reunited ....

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yes it is a friendly but next time they have a penalty shoot-out they will remember this one (last one) and it might psychologically be a mind block/barrier? The more losses for any rivals the better lol

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Sweet sweet music to my ears hearing this !!

Half their problem is the weight gain of a certain Fat Frank Lampard !!

It has now reached monstrous proportions !!

He eats his own body weight in food now ...

Comfort food since his long term lover Jose Moaninho left !!

But soon they will be reunited ..../QUOTE]
Am I the only one who kind of liked Mourinho? Made me giggle sometimes the way he screwed with Wenger and called him a voyeur. His arrogance also made me giggle. That and if it wasn't for Jose, "I'm on Setanta Sports" would never have come to be, and I adore that show.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
^^^

Yeah man I like Mourinhio a lot too. I hope he comes to Man United after Fergie =) Impossible is nothing lol

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
sparkic said:
^^^

Yeah man I like Mourinhio a lot too. I hope he comes to Man United after Fergie =) Impossible is nothing lol
I remember Steven Cohen talking about that. I think it'd be great lol.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
they just cant seem to get these pens can they?.i like mourinho and i think it was a sad thing for the premiership when he went,his personality was huge his winning mentality is a plus for every club he manages.As for Lampard,couldnt really care less if he goes or stays.but chelsea will have to crack on if they want to out play us next season.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i watched the game with a chelski buddy of mine :)

ive never seen him sulk so much (i was in manchester for the final he was at home)

the icing that would have finished me off would have been if jt had to take one

u should have seen his face just b4 they decided who was going to take pens

"he was sweating like a like a p.i.g",and looked liked he had just been asked to shag his sister"

quote taken from big ron, but he didnt realise he was on air lol :)

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
piazza said:
I remember Steven Cohen talking about that. I think it'd be great lol.
Behave, we play exciting football....Mourinho would be a downgrade MATE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts