Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea make £19.7m Robinho bid

Chelsea have made a £19.7m bid for Real Madrid's Brazilian striker Robinho, BBC Sport understands.

The 24-year-old former Santos star played a key role in helping Real secure the Spanish title last season.

But he is believed to be keen to join fellow countryman Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

BBC Sport revealed in July that the Blues were monitoring Robinho, although media reports that they had made £48m bid were wide of the mark.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said on Saturday that, although talks with Real had stalled, he remains hopeful that a deal for Robinho would go through.

Kenyon believes Madrid's eagerness to secure a replacement is the only factor preventing the 24-year-old Brazil striker moving to Stamford Bridge.

"A key issue over buying Robinho has always been that Real are looking for a replacement," he told the club website.

"It is fair to say that is what has been holding up discussions."

Scolari, who took over as Chelsea boss in July, is currently working on bringing in new faces ahead of his first Premier League campaign.

Robinho has previously stated: "It would be a dream for me to work with Luiz Felipe Scolari, who is one of the best coaches in the world.

"I have always spoken highly of him and he has always spoken very highly of me, since well before he was at Chelsea.

"In 2003, when I was unknown in Europe, he called me to play in a charity match. It was brief but it was enough for me to see his style and character."

And Robinho's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, was reported as saying in Spain: "Madrid have failed to value him as he deserves and I do not like the fact that they tried to include him in the Ronaldo deal. Money is not the problem for us now.

What matters for Robinho is to leave the club and play for Scolari at Chelsea."

However, Real president Ramon Calderon insisted the club was not forcing Robinho out of the Bernabeu.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7516932.stm

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Damn, I hope he doesnt go to them. He is top notch alright and will make
them formidable. Hopefully the fact they didnt get Ronnie and Schneider
is injured will mean he stays put at Madrid. Chelsea are looking strong this
year and if they got Robinho Id be very worried.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
IMHO...they're going to get him...

I don't like the way Chelsea are signing this summer...hope Robinho stays in Spain

Christ, Robinho and Drogba would be a decent strike line TBH

·
Registered
29 Posts
No way are Madrid going to accept now they cant get Ronaldo, and for 19.7 million i dont think Chelsea dont have a cat in hells chance for that sort of money !

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
chelsea mentality. finish 2nd...throw plenty of money at the problem.

any normal club would be changing little after seeing them get to CL Final, League Cup Final and 2nd in premiership.

Know United get knocked for spending but even I would annoyed if we changed it round like they have after what was a close season for them taking a treble of sorts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Do you guys really believe he could be so effective in the premiership?

132 pounds and 5 feet 6 inches... That is not the strongest player to say the least. I know that players that height have been successful like Tevez and Rooney (I know he is taller but making the point) but he is a lightweight! I can see Vidic plowing right through him!

He is brilliant technically but does he have the pace? Pace would make up for the lack of his size - having not watched too many real madrid games could someone answer this?

IMO, i'm not too worried about chel$ea buying robinho.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Size doesnt always matter. Look at Zola, Junihno and Messi for example.
I think Robinho would do very well in the Prem, though he might need bedding in time.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Robinho has plenty of pace, but more importantly he just skips past players the way he dribbles is brilliant i hope to god chelsea dont get him as much as id love to see him in the prem but not with them they really have some quality team now

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Joe Cole is pretty small as well though (although a little bit thicker) and he was arguably Chelsea's most consistent player as well. Though if they do sign him, they are gonna be tiny with Joe Cole, Deco, Robinho, and SWP. Good thing they wear blue, with that smurf attack. :D

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I really hope this does not happen and i cannot see chelsea getting him for under 20 mill...maybe thats the initial payment and then it comes upto like 25 mill or something...if zenit want 24mil for arshavin than surely robinho is worth more...

Whether or not he can make it in the premier league is a different story but there is no doubt he is a world class player...YES WORLD CLASS...imo not many players establish themselves at such a young age at real madrid but he did and would have had a top season last year had it not been interrupted by his abdominal injury. I don't through that word around much but he is two footed, great dribbling and step overs as good if not better than ronaldo and his finishing is probably better than ronaldo though im not sure he has the same 'urge' or 'urgency' to get goals like ronaldo. He also plays in a wide/free role and is much better than joe cole in my opinion.

Can he fit in the premier league? I dont know, he is small and very lightweight but is quick and very fast feet but the problem for him is that he is joining chelsea and not united,lol. They expect players to come in and just be expected to play at 100% straight away while we seem to let our players adjust and give them time. However with scolari taking over at chelsea things might start to change there.

Either way, im not liking what chelsea are doing. IF they get robinho, with deco and bosingwa coming in too and the likes of ballack fit from the start of the season, they could potentially be not only major threats as expected from the start of the season but they could also play some good stuff with robinho and deco in the team!! :-O

Whether there team have the legs to challenge us though is another matter, because our team is still younger but has the experience of winning things too.

pz

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I heard that a trainer at Madrid, might have even been Schuster, said that Robinho still needs to put on more muscle and bulk up.

He was extremely specific even saying that Robinho needed 3kg's more muscle on each leg.

Now if a trainer felt he still needed more muscle to play in La Liga maybe he's not quite physically suitable for the premiership.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Please reject it :( Robinho is a quality player, Chelsea would have real fire power up front then. Even enough to rival the great Man Utd :D But i can't see them accepting 19.7 million, he's worth at least 25 million.

Nooo please reject it Madrid. Robinho is a very good player if Chelsea got him they would have real fire power up front even enough to rival United :( But 19.7 million is too low i can't see them accepting it maybe if it was boosted to 25 million they'd have a chance.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Robinho in plea for Blues move

ROBINHO last night started his Real Madrid rebellion and declared: I want to join Chelsea to become the world’s best player.

SunSport told you yesterday the Brazilian striker, 24, was ready to revolt in order to force a move to Stamford Bridge.

And his agent Wagner Ribeiro launched a devastating attack on Real saying Robinho was furious with them.

Chelsea confirmed they have made a formal £19.75million offer — but Real want closer to £24m.

And Ribeiro also revealed Stamford Bridge boss Phil Scolari is speaking to the player every day.

He said: “Chelsea have made a formal offer for Robinho but I don’t know the amount.

“Robinho is very angry because of the way Real’s directors are behaving.

“He calls me every day to find out if someone has informed me something about his future and I am forced to tell him they are not answering the phone.

“I have been trying to talk to a Madrid director for three days and they have disappeared.

“Robinho can’t understand anything. He has a project to be the best player in the world but at Real Madrid he won’t be able to be because he is treated like a normal player.”

Robinho has decided to quit the Bernabeu and join Chelsea as he feels undervalued at Madrid.

Real aimed to use him as a makeweight in their bid to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from Manchester United.

And Ribeiro blew the lid on the Spaniards’ efforts to nab Valencia’s David Villa.

Ribeiro said: “Madrid wanted to sign Ronaldo. The second choice was Rafael van der Vaart. The third is David Villa — Robinho is the fourth.

“At Real Madrid he is not finding the love and the support he needs — Scolari is giving him this love.”

And Blues owner Roman Abramovich got both barrels from Bayern Munich last night — over the price of petrol.

The Germans accused the billionaire of being part of an “oil Mafia”.

Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness said: “I get annoyed every week when I go to fill my car up.

“The oil Mafia is taking money out of my pocket to invest in footballers.

“This stinks to high heaven, and applies to Mr Abramovich among others. He is no friend of mine.

“This Mafia controls the world and manipulates the price of oil.

“What can we do? We must defeat teams like Chelsea on the pitch. That would give us great satisfaction.” -TheSun

·
Banned
16 Posts
Stupid..

Hey.... Thats lots of money waste of time.. Chelsea needs to get a life i think they are desprate to beat us next year at the Premiership Table. :mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts