1 - 20 of 86 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I'd just love it if we beat the dippers in the final,
but the prospect of losing to them in the final is far far worse
than the prospect of losing to Chelsea in the final,
so I'm gonna have to say I'd rather Chelsea win the semi... I think.

I know we have to get there first,
but who would you want us to play ?

·
Registered
675 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Personally, I'd just love it if we beat the dippers in the final,
but the prospect of losing to them in the final is far far worse
than the prospect of losing to Chelsea in the final
so I'm gonna have to say I'd rather Chelsea win the semi... I think.

I know we have to get there first,
but who would you want us to play ?

my thought EXACTLY Sal ! we would never hear the end of it !

"we won it 6 times !"

i couldnt go thru with it. i want chelsea, they'd be easier in my eyes. :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
My mind changes on this ALL the time. I dont think I can make up my mind.
I wrote this in another thread: Im still not sure who I would rather see progress out of this tie.
Beating the Scousers would be THE ultimate (If we were to get to the final)
but losing to them would mean pure pain and depression for the remainder
of our lifetimes......
Half of me would love the Dream final but the other half of me just wants the
Scousers OUT of Europe once and for all. Im sick of them getting to the final.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
My mind changes on this ALL the time. I dont think I can make up my mind.
I wrote this in another thread: Im still not sure who I would rather see progress out of this tie.
Beating the Scousers would be THE ultimate (If we were to get to the final)
but losing to them would mean pure pain and depression for the remainder
of our lifetimes......
Half of me would love the Dream final but the other half of me just wants the
Scousers OUT of Europe once and for all. Im sick of them getting to the final.
another excelent post. i think the same about beating the scousers, would be the best day of my life ! eva ! but losing! *crys*

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
liverpool everytime
the bragging rights will be out of this world
i have confidence that we can spank them in moscow

"WE'VE WON IT 3 TIMES.."

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Chelsea any day of the week, I'd just love it if we beat them in the final. I actually like Liverpool. Please don't hurt me.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
liverpool. they will not have the nerve to say 5 TIMES in front of us if we beat them in the final. a good beating will really shut them up.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I am split right down the opinion middle - I would love to beat LFC in the final but imagine the feeling if WE were on the losing side? Chelski need this oh so badly and any final against them would be dirty.

·
23,699 Posts
Catch 22, between a rock and a hard place, caught between the devil and the deep blue sea....

Let nature takes its course then. :)

:cool:

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'm torn for the same reasons as everyone else but, Liverpool regardless.
I don't expect us to loose to them in the Final.
We will win and mock their supporters for all eternity ( or at least until they do the same to us)
It'll be a great great day for us regardless.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Chelsea will be tougher to beat in the final imo...I want to beat Liverpoo in the final but I also want them out of the CL asap so they cannot brag about how awsome Rafa is and the 3 finals in 4 years blah blah and imagine they win it? We won it 6 times is what we will hear over and over...best if they get knocked out asap!! I am going for Chelsea for this one...even though I would love a Poo vs United clash..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
id love for us to get liverpool and beat them horribly so i an taunt my bro till the next years UCL final...but losing will be worse than chelsea as sal told...so id rather have chelsea too......

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I waited for Versa to reply before posting : )

Are you guys kidding me? Liverpool must be our preferred opponent in the Final!

I have a philosophical stance on this and believe you have to be able to beat everybody if you want to be the champ, so I don't really care who we get.

BUT if you are asking for a preference it has to be Liverpool.

We've just beaten them 3-0 in the league and Rafa has only managed to beat us ONCE. That's one single time in the last few years in charge. That's a big psychological advantage.

Tactically and technically we are superior to Liverpool, but not so with Chelsea, who almost have their first 11 fully fit now.

Also, we didn't manage to win against them in the FA Cup final and needed penalties to decide the Charity Shield.

Liverpool have thrown all they had against us and Ferdinand plus Anderson have kept Torres and Gerrard absolutely anonymous when we've played them.

Like I said, if you want to be champ, you have to prove you;re the best, so I don't mind either of them, but I prefer Liverpool.

Even if they win, it just goes to show that they are a team that can only win in tournaments.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I want Chelsea to win this definitely i cannot live another 2 weeks with my liverpool friends going on about how they will win it 6 times :(
Personally i would love to get them in the final and beat them (as long as we beat them) if we lost i wouldnt be able to step foot outdoor ever again :(

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Are you guys kidding me? Liverpool must be our preferred opponent in the Final!

I have a philosophical stance on this and believe you have to be able to beat everybody if you want to be the champ, so I don't really care who we get.

BUT if you are asking for a preference it has to be Liverpool.

We've just beaten them 3-0 in the league and Rafa has only managed to beat us ONCE. That's one single time in the last few years in charge. That's a big psychological advantage.

Tactically and technically we are superior to Liverpool, but not so with Chelsea, who almost have their first 11 fully fit now.

Also, we didn't manage to win against them in the FA Cup final and needed penalties to decide the Charity Shield.

Liverpool have thrown all they had against us and Ferdinand plus Anderson have kept Torres and Gerrard absolutely anonymous when we've played them.

Like I said, if you want to be champ, you have to prove you;re the best, so I don't mind either of them, but I prefer Liverpool.

Even if they win, it just goes to show that they are a team that can only win in tournaments.

great post RFR. and you make complete sense. I think this post has convinced
me that I want Liverpool. I still wont be able to bring myself to 'cheer' for them
against Chelsea but what you said makes sense. Liverpool would be a lot
easier if we were to make the final. We have owned them over the last few
seasons.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts