Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow Chelsea are carrying some serious baggage at the moment Drogba and Deco both well over the hill and totally losing focus on football.

Drogba came on a jogged around the field and looked a shadow of the hurly burly striker that scared defences to death .

As for Deco either his heart isnt in it or he has fallen out with Scolari because he isnt getting a lookin at the moment. And with the way Chelsea are playing thats bad .

Add to that Terry and Cech look shakey and all Ballack seems to do is prance around kicking everyones ankles.

Chelsea are done to many over the hill players and bad signings.

Bring back Shevchenko lol!!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yeah. I've said the same to my dad a couple of weeks ago.

Their an ageing squad and I think they had their chance of a moment of glory last season but they blew it.

I honestly think that Chelsea need to start all over again to move forward.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
I slated Deco's arrival for months,folk said i was mad.......

Drogba wants get inter Jose(hehe see what i did :D)

They are turning into a crappy version of the Gallacticos of Madrid........It all goes to shit sooner or later.........the joys of Billionaire owners eh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
They look like a slowly dying force, based on today's performance. Ballack and Mikel both struggled to gain control, and Deco hasn't really done anything since the first day of the season. People were calling him the bargain of the summer and now look at him. Drogba looks fat, lazy and not interested. Everything people like to think Berbatov is, that's Drogba basically.

They also have no width. They used to have Robben and Duff down either wing, and now it's Kalou and Malouda. They need Essien back, and it also wouldn't hurt to have former Mr. Reliables in Terry and Cech performing better.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kalou and Malouda are a joke lol!! Id rather have Lucas from liverpool lol!!!

If Chelsea line up with Malouda and Kalou coming at you what chance have they got I dont think that line up is any better than Citys to be honest .

By that I mean Malouda , Kalou and Anelka all well overated forward players.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
They dont look like much of a threat anywhere on the park, especially going forward.

The one striker strategy isnt working -- they played much better with the partnership of Gudjohnsen and Drogba

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Sownak27 said:
They dont look like much of a threat anywhere on the park, especially going forward.

The one striker strategy isnt working -- they played much better with the partnership of Gudjohnsen and Drogba
Their 4-3-3 used to be brilliant, they just don't have Joe Cole and Arjen Robben on the wings of late, and the Drog is all butthurt and wanting out, though I can't blame him, I wouldn't want to play for Chelsea either.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
there a spent force if they dont rebuild there squad ovr the next two seasons they will be over takeing by villa in the top 3

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Also, I think Scolari may well be out of a job which I don't agree with.

He needs time. He also needs funds to do it his way and to implement his style. If, after all of that he fails, then fair enough. But it's far too soon to be making a decision as strong as sacking him imo.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
When Drogba came on today he was 25/1 to score.........thats odds of a defender!
Well, against Chelsea at Old Trafford Vidic was 28/1 so it's not that far off. :p

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Easy now people.

They need Essien back and Carvalho and then you'll see a totally different chelsea side.

Even without Mourinho and with a loser like Avram Grant in charge, these boys managed to challenge United all the way till the last day of the season and force a peno shootout in the CL final.

They are in bad form, but no way are they over the hill.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RedForceRising said:
Easy now people.

They need Essien back and Carvalho and then you'll see a totally different chelsea side.

Even without Mourinho and with a loser like Avram Grant in charge, these boys managed to challenge United all the way till the last day of the season and force a peno shootout in the CL final.

They are in bad form, but no way are they over the hill.

Over the hill !!

They had Carvalho the other week and he didnt make much difference .

As for Essien he is a great player anyone would miss him but you cant hide from the fact Drogba had a poor season last season and he isnt even there in my opinion this one.

Bad management and poor choices equal over the hill!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
red dave said:
Over the hill !!

They had Carvalho the other week and he didnt make much difference .

As for Essien he is a great player anyone would miss him but you cant hide from the fact Drogba had a poor season last season and he isnt even there in my opinion this one.

Bad management and poor choices equal over the hill!!

Only time will tell.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
IMO they have to go backwards to go forewards. They need some exciting young players. Chelsea are buying the likes of Deco and were buying Tosic and Ljajic

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
well..after all these cruel lines for chelski you've said...i still say they're gonna bounce back and annoy us:D...hope not...cause most of you said true things about them...but..i think they're gonna be back....realy hoped for a draw today...couldn't be..too bad:p...maybe next time...we'll win with fulham and liverpool..and we'll be 8 points ahead:D

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
They need to get rid of a few players and bring in some fresh blood. They need Essien back and Scolari needs to be given time to rebuild the squad in his own image. He essentially inherited Mourninho's team.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
there biggest problem is how narrow they are

it seems they tend to rely on there 2 wing backs pushing forward as lampard, deco and ballack stand within 5 yards of eachother then when or if the wing backs get cause out they are easily hit on break

today liverpool did what we did back at OT last month just got into the midfields faces and made them give the ball away cheaply rather than getting it to the front man

why they start anelka i will never know hes useless unless he has someone to feed off and the way chelsea play he dont have that player

they need to change there system imo although i hope they dont

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have to agree with red dave, Chelsea are in serious disarray. Previously, I thought that they would snap out of it but I am no longer convinced of this. Last year their seaon was also in trouble and they pulled themselve together but I think the revival was largely down to spirit and organisation. They can't paper over the cracks this year.

I remember after maureen left and they came to OT, they played better than I thought. Every player was committed and they pushed us hard. At no point this season have I seen chelsea put in such a display against their title rivals. If Chelsea could not get motivated for today's match, when will they ever be motivated? The season is more than half way done!

I really think they need to get rid of a number of players and get some new blood at Stamford Bridge. I know that some will blame the absence of Carvalho, Essien and Joe Cole but if memory serves me correctly both carvalho and joe cole were injured during last season and Chelsea were still able to play better than they have recently. Essien also spent a significant amount of time at right back last season, so I don't think that we can blame his absence entirely on the dire midfield displays we have seen from Chelsea.

For me, Kalou and Malouda need to be sold as they have limited football abilities and have failed to show any spirit or commitment in a blue shirt. Drogba needs to be sold. He is nothing but a disruptive influence at this point. They should've sold him to Inter even at a below market rate and bought another striker. However, I get the feeling that Kenyon and Roman are desperately trying to balance the books and are holding out for a massive bid for Drogba.

I think Chelsea have a good defence but their midfield and forward line are disappointing to say the least. Lampard is their best midfielder but he can't do it on his own and he was unjustly red carded today. For me, Ballack and Deco are too old and lack pace. I would not say that they are not trying but their bodies are not up to the task and they don't seem to be able to work with each other. While watching the game today, I noticed that when one of their midfielders got the ball, the other midfielders were not making themselves available to receive it and so the relevant player tended to get caught in possession. No one wanted to take responsible for driving Chelsea forward. Chelsea barely got any corners or freekicks because they hardly got forward. Liverpool were good defensively but Chelsea could have done better.

What puzzles me is where is their youth policy? Do they have no one in reserves that they could play? When Roman first came I thought that was one of their main objectives to develop a first class youth system. Didn't they spend millions on building a new academy and isn't that why they employed Arnesen to find young talent to develop?

Cech has never been the same since his injury. He has been making simple mistakes for some time.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I think Chelsea need a number of new players before they will be in a position to win the league. They may win a cup but that is because they may be lucky and get mediocre opponents. I will be interested to see how they handle Juventus.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wadadlired said:
I have to agree with red dave, Chelsea are in serious disarray. Previously, I thought that they would snap out of it but I am no longer convinced of this. Last year their seaon was also in trouble and they pulled themselve together but I think the revival was largely down to spirit and organisation. They can't paper over the cracks this year.

I remember after maureen left and they came to OT, they played better than I thought. Every player was committed and they pushed us hard. At no point this season have I seen chelsea put in such a display against their title rivals. If Chelsea could not get motivated for today's match, when will they ever be motivated? The season is more than half way done!

I really think they need to get rid of a number of players and get some new blood at Stamford Bridge. I know that some will blame the absence of Carvalho, Essien and Joe Cole but if memory serves me correctly both carvalho and joe cole were injured during last season and Chelsea were still able to play better than they have recently. Essien also spent a significant amount of time at right back last season, so I don't think that we can blame his absence entirely on the dire midfield displays we have seen from Chelsea.

For me, Kalou and Malouda need to be sold as they have limited football abilities and have failed to show any spirit or commitment in a blue shirt. Drogba needs to be sold. He is nothing but a disruptive influence at this point. They should've sold him to Inter even at a below market rate and bought another striker. However, I get the feeling that Kenyon and Roman are desperately trying to balance the books and are holding out for a massive bid for Drogba.

I think Chelsea have a good defence but their midfield and forward line are disappointing to say the least. Lampard is their best midfielder but he can't do it on his own and he was unjustly red carded today. For me, Ballack and Deco are too old and lack pace. I would not say that they are not trying but their bodies are not up to the task and they don't seem to be able to work with each other. While watching the game today, I noticed that when one of their midfielders got the ball, the other midfielders were not making themselves available to receive it and so the relevant player tended to get caught in possession. No one wanted to take responsible for driving Chelsea forward. Chelsea barely got any corners or freekicks because they hardly got forward. Liverpool were good defensively but Chelsea could have done better.

What puzzles me is where is their youth policy? Do they have no one in reserves that they could play? When Roman first came I thought that was one of their main objectives to develop a first class youth system. Didn't they spend millions on building a new academy and isn't that why they employed Arnesen to find young talent to develop?

Cech has never been the same since his injury. He has been making simple mistakes for some time.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I think Chelsea need a number of new players before they will be in a position to win the league. They may win a cup but that is because they may be lucky and get mediocre opponents. I will be interested to see how they handle Juventus.

Do you mind me asking are you a Chelsea fan on our forum ?

If you are as long as you come to post without a temper then your welcome.

I agree with everything you say mate Chelsea need a full over haul but Abramovich isnt going to do it he is bored and is going to move on.

Chelsea's main problem is Michael Ballack he is a all about me player he is Germanys main player and they play through him but Chelsea dont and he is a burden to them.

As for Drogba is showing no heart and I dont believe he wants to play for Chelsea.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts