Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
RED till i DIE said:
Hasn't got the strength or technical ability to make it in this league in my opinion.
So can see him being a flop but Big Phil Sticking by him because of his nationallity
Maybe...

But I think he'll do better in the EPL than he can do in italy. Much more open and attacking game.

His injury wasn't late in the season, however, I think it was mid-season, or something. And while he hasn't a goalscorer, remember, he's a winger. ;)

He does like those outside of the foot shots a lot, and defenders know that about him, so they defend him easier than say ronaldo, since ronaldo can go either way, while quaresma tends to be too straight forward. But I tell you, if you give him room to pick up speed, you cannot stop him short of fouling him.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Sporting4Ever said:
Maybe...

But I think he'll do better in the EPL than he can do in italy. Much more open and attacking game.

His injury wasn't late in the season, however, I think it was mid-season, or something. And while he hasn't a goalscorer, remember, he's a winger. ;)

He does like those outside of the foot shots a lot, and defenders know that about him, so they defend him easier than say ronaldo, since ronaldo can go either way, while quaresma tends to be too straight forward. But I tell you, if you give him room to pick up speed, you cannot stop him short of fouling him.
Thats not what I want to hear Sporting lol.
I just hope he is crap for Chelsea :)

Quaresma has never impressed me when I have seen him play. He plays like Ronaldo
did when he was 17/18. Thats his problem. He never developed and improved.
He is a year older than Ronaldo right? Just seems to have little end product (bit like Nani really)

what do you think of Quaresma?

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I personally think he is overrated, he dominated in a second tier league, and never really impressed in the champions league or with both barcelona and inter. He has talent but just has not developed into quality.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Thats not what I want to hear Sporting lol.
I just hope he is crap for Chelsea :)

Quaresma has never impressed me when I have seen him play. He plays like Ronaldo
did when he was 17/18. Thats his problem. He never developed and improved.
He is a year older than Ronaldo right? Just seems to have little end product (bit like Nani really)

what do you think of Quaresma?
Well, now, with him closer, you'll get to see more of him, so you guys can tell if he's all smoke and no fire, or if he does have the goods.

What do I think of him...
well 1st, I know for a fact that he's 100% Sporting fan. That, at least, earns him a special place ;) I know he hanged around with Juve Leo, one of our organized supporter groups.
2nd, he's got gipsy blood. He's hot tempered. In fact, at some times, he's downright mean and vindictive, although you seldom see that side of him.
3rd, he's got the skills. I think that, a bit like simão (and, dare i say it, Nani), he left too soon. Like simão, he didn't deliver what was expected of him, so after one year, they let him go, just like simão. I kinda think that they were after a new Figo, but Figo left Sporting at 22 or 23, simão and quaresma left at like 19, 20. There's a difference in the level of maturity, which they then got in benfica and porto, so now, they're off again, and let's see if there's time for them to prove themselves. simão is doing ok in atletico madrid, quaresma...

So in part I agree, while ronaldo had a lot of potential even at 17, his 1st year in the senior squad, we've seen that often, around these parts ;). To me, it's a question of mental and personal progress, not just professional. In fact, I'd say that the failed experiments in Barça we're quite possibly due to their young age, in a very big club, in a very big city. Manchester, on the other hand, is cold, dark, in comparison to Barcelona and pretty much all the Iberian peninsula, so, no beaches to stalk girls, no amazing night life, with scantly dressed spanish chicks dying to make it with a football player, etc. etc.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nothing special about him at Inter...Some great story when he's with Porto....Like to copy CR7 hairstyle....And he like to kick on outside of his right foot....Strange !!! Lot more bigger than Ronaldo..

·
Registered
8 Posts
i think quaresma is a decent winger, atleast better than 80% of wingers in the premiership. so i think this is a good deal. his technique is top notch.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I think he will play well under scolari, and the speed of the premiership will suit his game hugely!!
Ive been waitin for this day to see quaresma in the EPL..so its cool we will get to see him. but i dont think he will change chelseas season.
Although he will give chelsea the much needed pace and flair they need

·
Banned
875 Posts
Now i got reason to watch Chelski on match of the day :D i usually don;t watch ShitPoll, Arseholes and Chelski games on match of the day :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Quaresma is not bad hes decent and as someone said above hes better than 80% of the Epl
technical wise i think i can rate quaresma among the best his pace is a top notch and his dribbling is a joy to watch but his end product is up to the arse he can't cross to live most of his crosses end up hanging on the fans heads and when it comes to scoring ohh god don't get me started :rolleyes:
so quaresma won't be an add for chelsea squad because their strikers can't finish and he won't provide a pass

Quaresma is a poor man's lennon

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He isn't as good as everyone makes out but is still a top player, and as I said in another thread I think he'll be a good signing for them. It's not like it's costing them anything apart from probably 80% of his wage maybe ? He'll give them much needed width.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quaresma will most likely flop at Chelsea. As a Milanista I'm sad he left Inter, he was such an entertainment :D He is a good player, though he has a problem with his mentality. Can't make it at big clubs. He failed at Barca, failed at Inter, and will most likely fail at Chelsea.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Faяouk said:
Quaresma will most likely flop at Chelsea. As a Milanista I'm sad he left Inter, he was such an entertainment :D He is a good player, though he has a problem with his mentality. Can't make it at big clubs. He failed at Barca, failed at Inter, and will most likely fail at Chelsea.
You are on my bad side. How dare you call yourself a Milanitsta when you support Inter GRRR:mad: I'm a Milan fan you are an INTER fan - that is their official name

·
Registered
5 Posts
hdcantona said:
You are on my bad side. How dare you call yourself a Milanitsta when you support Inter GRRR:mad: I'm a Milan fan you are an INTER fan - that is their official name
LOL I am a Milanista. I support AC Milan. I was sad to see Quaresma leave Inter because he was shit, see he was THAT bad. :D

Forza Milan!

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Faяouk said:
LOL I am a Milanista. I support AC Milan. I was sad to see Quaresma leave Inter because he was shit, see he was THAT bad. :D

Forza Milan!
Well then Faяouk that just changes EVERYTHING, welcome! shame about the draw against reggina huh - did you see it?

Back on topic tho he didn't have a rubbish game but he wasn't very good at all imo, as pointed out on kam cam (goals on sunday) he didnt run to the byline he kept cutting in on his right foot or crossing early with the outside of his right foot so he got predictable and Hull managed to fend him off, he needs to change up his game if he's to make an impact, but we have to remember that was his first game and it will take him time to settle but i'd give him 5.5 maybe 6.0 (and not for his dive lol)

·
Registered
5 Posts
hdcantona said:
Well then Faяouk that just changes EVERYTHING, welcome! shame about the draw against reggina huh - did you see it?
Yes, you really had to remind me now! :mad: I'm so pissed off with our season, the moment we start catching up with Inter we lose the second spot. I mean had we beaten Reggina (The last in the table), and then beaten Inter next week, we would have had a real shot at the title. But now I think we ****ed it up for like the 329057230975th time, Inter and Juve keep giving us chances but we **** it up. No serie A for us this season. Ancelotti has to go.

Btw, could Man Utd to us a favor and buy Ronaldinho? Not that he's bad or anything, he just doesn't fit to our plans.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts