Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roman Abramovich has told Chelsea’s players he will strengthen the side this summer by breaking the British transfer record to pay £40million for David Villa.

Manchester City have also expressed an interest in the outstanding Valencia striker, which will concern the Stamford Bridge hierarchy, who lost Robinho to City last summer when they thought they had persuaded the Brazilian to join them.

But Chelsea’s players are confident Villa will put ambition before cash and join a club
already equipped to compete for the major trophies the 27-year-old Spaniard desires

Chelsea, who will appoint AC Milan coach Carlos Ancelotti as manager this summer, as revealed in Sportsmail on Tuesday, have told the Italian they will give him an all-star cast.

Russia winger Yuri Zhirkov is another long-standing target but Villa will draw the most interest from Chelsea fans after his brilliant performances for Spain.

A financial crisis is forcing Valencia to sell their best players this summer and the club will want as much as they possibly can for the Euro 2008 Golden Boot winner and a player who scored against England in Spain’s 2-0 victory in February.

Like many Spanish players, he has an exaggerated buy-out clause in his contract, believed to be as much as £100m, though these fees are seldom met.

Abramovich has realised he needs to start investing serious money in his team again and he has assured senior members of the Stamford Bridge dressing room that he
will deliver the big names.

Chelsea's £40m Villa: Abramovich to raid cash-strapped Valencia for Spain star | Mail Online

Z

·
0 Posts
Poor effort by the Daily Mail, they haven't even used a fake 'source', not a single quote in there.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poor effort by the Daily Mail, they haven't even used a fake 'source', not a single quote in there.
Yeah that's what I thought aswell, no quotes from anyone at Chelsea..
But said i'd stick it up anyway... But I can see Ambramovich throwing out the money for this summer's transfer market, because Chelsea are lookin to freshen up their squad..!

what about antonio valencia to sign for us....
That's completely off topic, but to answer your question...NO, I don't see it happening..!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
it's all speculation....it was only a short while ago chelsea were adament that they would sell players to buy players...it'll be interesting though..

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
he's a great player and if he joins Chelski, we'll have a big pain you know where. I don't see it impossible for them to splash that kind of money and seeing the situation Valencia is in, i would have no doubt they will accept that amount of money. Realy hope it won't happen though.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
it's all speculation....it was only a short while ago chelsea were adament that they would sell players to buy players...it'll be interesting though..
RL making a footballing post! :eek: Well I'll be damned :p :D

On topic though, I think he would do a good job at Chelski. Drogba and Anelka are on their thirties and a lethal finisher like Villa won't struggle for service at Chelsea. I can see him scoring a lot of goals IF he does make the move.Probably media rubbish though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts