Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think home advantage will see Chelsea win this game and take maybe a two goal cushion to Italy with them.

Deco is injured and Carvalho might not be fit to play either. He'll be a huge loss to their defence because he covers up the big man's mistakes.

I think Ranieri will get his team fired up for this though because he'll want to prove a point to Chelsea after not managing to win anything when he was in charge their.

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Chelsea v Juventus

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
id fancy chelsea to take a one goal lead into the 2nd leg but really they could need more than one goal. their away record in CL aint great

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
after not managing to win anything when he was in charge their.
*there

Couldn't resist, oh grammar police.

I think this along with the Villareal will be one of the more exciting ties this round. Not really excited about the 'pile/Madrid tie as I feel it will be slow and defensive.

Big blow without Carvalho, as he is like Vidic for us, but doesn't Juve have some injury struggles as well?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think Chelsea will be too strong for Juve, although I'd like Juve to prove me wrong.

From what I saw of Inter last night (and the fact they finished behind Panathinaikos in the group stage) and the highlights of the Arsenal v Roma game, I don't think the English sides have anything to fear from the Italian sides.

I'm sure the winner of the Champions League will be an English or Spanish club.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah everybody will vote for Chelsea.....

How can Juve win...NO really they can't win...

Here's the reason....

It's "The Blues Army" against "The Old Lady"............

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't worry, I'm sure the sleep affected your brain. Damn that sleep.:mf_tongue:
Sleep causes a lot of problems for me, for instance: I can drink 10 pints and feel happy as Larry (I'm not quite sure why Larry is happy, but he is), then I go to sleep and wake up feeling like crap. It's bad for you sleep, I'm telling you.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I originally backed Juve to win this, but with Hiddink now in charge of Chelsea I'm not sure anymore :p

It'll be a very close tie imo, and hopefully Chelsea will go through. I'd rather watch this, but the Poo game will be on :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Team News:
Chelsea v Juventus

Chelsea could again start both Didier Drogba and Nicholas Anelka as they chase goals to take with them to Turin. Ricardo Quaresma, on loan from Inter, is not eligible for the game and the match is also likely to come too soon for Ricardo Carvalho and Michael Essien despite them both being close to a return. Ashley Cole returns from suspension.

Alessandro Del Piero will come back into the Juventus starting line-up having been rested for Saturday's 2-0 Serie A win at Palermo and will probably be partnered by Amauri. The Brazilian came off the bench to set up the second goal for David Trezeguet, who is likely to be a substitute against Chelsea having just returned from five months out with a knee problem. Former Chelsea man Tiago could keep his place in midfield and defensive midfielder Mohamed Sissoko should be buoyed by his stunning opener in the win over Palermo.

·
Registered
616 Posts
come on Juve and the Tinkerman,put these wannabe's to bed,is it me or does Guss Hidink not remind you of tinky winky ? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Referees already screwed the pooch on this one. Ummm, Yellow jerseys with Juve in their golds?

C'mon refs, it ain't tough to get dressed when you get free gear.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts