Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Bayer Leverkusen. In 2002 they finished 2nd in the Champions League behind Real Madrid, lost the league in the last few games to FC Hollywood I believe, and also lost their national cup competition. On top of that, 5 of their players went on to finish runner up to Brazil in the World Cup.

One of their players: Michael Ballack.

Chelsea. In 2008 they finished 2nd in the Champions League to Manchester United, lost the league, and lost the Carling Cup, and also the community shield.

One of Chelsea's players: Michael Ballack.

If you believe in fate/destiney/etc., then Germany should lose in the Euro 08 final.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Grif SA said:
Bayer Leverkusen. In 2002 they finished 2nd in the Champions League behind Real Madrid, lost the league in the last few games to FC Hollywood I believe, and also lost their national cup competition. On top of that, 5 of their players went on to finish runner up to Brazil in the World Cup.

One of their players: Michael Ballack.

Chelsea. In 2008 they finished 2nd in the Champions League to Manchester United, lost the league, and lost the Carling Cup, and also the community shield.

One of Chelsea's players: Michael Ballack.

If you believe in fate/destiney/etc., then Germany should lose in the Euro 08 final.
ha thats a nice stat dude!!

Ballack has won plenty of Silverware since he sold his sole, all in medal form!

If this isn't a clear signal to players not to sell out and to play with a club with winning as a primary focus.. then I don't know what is!!

Maybe that 'Hollow' song is wrong after all, 'You came second three in a roooooow'

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Grif SA said:
Hopefully to Portugal so I win £85, Ronaldo and Nani can wind him up after the game, plus Carvalho and Bosingwa can wind him up all next season! :D

21 - 23 of 23 Posts