Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, this is also United's probelm, even though we do have Ronaldo.

Perhaps, making him more on a "freelanver" would help!

Updated: December 17, 2008, 6:56 AM EST 27 comments add this RSS blog email Print Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has admitted that a lack of creativity and imagination in midfield could cost the Blues' the title.

Whereas champions Manchester United rely on European Footballer of the year Cristiano Ronaldo to weave his way around opponnents, Chelsea have not had such a player since the departure of winger Arjen Robben in 2007.

Scolari failed to bring in Robinho last summer to fill that void and it looks unlikely that such a player will arrive in January after the Brazilian confirmed there would be no money to spend.

Chelsea have dropped 14 points at home this season and the former Portugal boss believes that a more creative player could have helped against sides that come with the sole intention to defend.

"We lack an organiser who can get hold of the ball, get forward and energise our front line, I just have players who work on the ball," Scolari said in the Daily Mail.

"Deco, Michael Ballack and Frank Lampard can all shoot but I don't have a player who can dribble.

"When we are at home our opponents close up at the back, with lots of men behind the ball.

"That makes it difficult when don't have an organiser. It's different when we play away. The home sides play a more open game.

"There is no point in me weeping or moaning or seeking blame. I have to find a solution, and that is what I will do."

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I agree. We are lacking some creativity and dont use the wings to much. Its not much aboutflair players but intricate passing and creativity

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
nani could give us the creativity on the left if he was more consistent and played more!! :rolleyes:

he has a good future if he plays well.....
ronaldo and nani on the right and left is scary for any team when they are in form.....

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Iniesta would be the ultimate solution to everybody's problems if he wasn't completely in love with Barca. :p

Giovinco can certainly dribble but he's quite a small one & I think Serie A would suit him much better.

Gorcuff, I'm a huge fan of, but I'm not sure if Milan will let him go. Can anyone think of any great dribblers?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Can anyone think of any great dribblers?
---------------------------------------------------------

Yes,one person The Lion aka Messi.......End of discussion,whoever else is mentioned doesnt come close to him FACT.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Can anyone think of any great dribblers?
---------------------------------------------------------

Yes,one person The Lion aka Messi.......End of discussion,whoever else is mentioned doesnt come close to him FACT.

ashley young

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I think we do lack creativity.

However, saying we lack width may be true, but what's the use of playing with width when there's nobody in the middle to win the crosses? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that Anderson can perhaps be our driving force and creativity in years to come, but atm he needs time to develop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts