Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ventured down the path of getting their ps3 chipped ?

i had my ps1 and 2 chipped after about a year of purchase and never had any tech probs

wondering if any one knows if it can be done/side effects/cost/

(keep on gaming):)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
There is no chip for the PS3 currently and its not looking good.

The PS3 hasn't been hacked or modded at all. Sony have done a very good job this time round.

Thing is, Xbox360 sales went up because users knew they could get their consoles chipped and play *backup's lol (let's keep this thread legal)

PS3 would of been a lot more successful in my mind if it had been chipped by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
You have no idea what you are talking about. PS3 hasn't been so successful (in terms of the wii and 360) because of the price and the lack of great games. Second the 360 and the PS3 can be chipped (it is actually flashed) by changing the firmware on the console, however this is extremely stupid to do and will no only get you banned from the respective online component of the console but also brick the console it's self.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Ando2008 said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. PS3 hasn't been so successful (in terms of the wii and 360) because of the price and the lack of great games. Second the 360 and the PS3 can be chipped (it is actually flashed) by changing the firmware on the console, however this is extremely stupid to do and will no only get you banned from the respective online component of the console but also brick the console it's self.
Only been on the board 5 mins and I'm in an argument lol. I'm afraid you have no idea.

The PS3 cannot be chipped at all!!

However the Xbox360 can be, by taking the DVD drive out and flashing the firmware of the drive. This is called: iXtreme_Firmware and allows backup's to be played.

PS3 however as said above is a no go. And try to be more polite when making your point :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Sony fanboy maybe?

It can be I have seen it done and I have seen it banned. Yes the 360 can be chipped but it will ban you the same way the ps3 will.

In all don't get it done unless you want your console to be banned and bricked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Ando2008 said:
Sony fanboy maybe?

It can be I have seen it done and I have seen it banned. Yes the 360 can be chipped but it will ban you the same way the ps3 will.

In all don't get it done unless you want your console to be banned and bricked.
I like both consoles, but you are mistaken the PS3 cannot be chipped or flashed with new firmware at the moment.

The xbox360 can and maybe this is what you have seen be done. And you are correct. Microsoft can at times find out you are using a flashed console and ban you. But that's the risk you take and there are hundreds if not thousands of people using it right now and getting away with it as the hackers just release new firmware.

However if you are one of the unlucky ones to be banned that's it. That colsole will not work online again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
I would never do it, it is stupid and if you can't afford the games don't buy the console

Larger Hard drives can easily be installed on PS3 - A Linux has succesfully been installed on PS3 allowing users to make illegal copies of DVD & Blue Ray DVD movies ripped straight to Hard Drive and played without the disc. As yet there are 'ripped' game software titles for PS3 for download off torrent sites
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
  • Larger Hard drives can easily be installed on PS3 - Correct
  • A Linux has succesfully been installed on PS3 allowing users to make illegal copies of DVD & Blue Ray DVD movies ripped straight to Hard Drive and played without the disc. - Correct
  • As yet there are 'ripped' game software titles for PS3 for download off torrent sites - Correct
Now the important thing in this last statement is: the word ripped is in quote's

Yes you can download 'ripped' copies of PS3 games. However there is still no way to play them yet as the PS3 has not been chipped/hacked.

Mate you are wrong full stop. the PS3 cannot at present play copied games. End of..

I won't comment on right or wrong but I was just informing the original poster of the situation and that you were wrong. I didn't want him thinking it is a possibility and buying off a scammer that says it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
It cant be chipped, when it can be ill buy one

ive had my 360 flashed since december 2006

never been banned and i go online everyday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I do believe like what ScottE335 said is correct, in additional, it just wouldnt be cost effective to chip a ps3 right now. You or someone else is gonna need a blu-ray re-writer/copier, which certainly arent cheap! Aswell as blank blu-ray discs... plus firmware which'd allow it to play copied discs, as of yet i dont think there is such firmware!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
Who cares about the PS3? The controls, games, online play and graphics are generally crap.

I bought GTA IV, Halo 3, Fifa 08, NHL 08, Forza 2, Virtua 5, Gears of War, Devil May Cry & Rock Band for Xbox 360 and after extensively playing each one they seemed like a bargain. I couldn't be bothered to get my console flashed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
Who cares about the PS3? The controls, games, online play and graphics are generally crap.
That is such a silly biased remark :confused: Technically the PS3 smashes the 360... but, on playing both consoles i have to admit they are pretty much the same graphics wise, i am playstation all the way but in truth both consoles have their advantages over the other and there really isnt much difference between the two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
Briscoe87 said:
That is such a silly biased remark :confused: Technically the PS3 smashes the 360... but, on playing both consoles i have to admit they are pretty much the same graphics wise, i am playstation all the way but in truth both consoles have their advantages over the other and there really isnt much difference between the two.
Biased? Just because I don't like Sony's 'fans will buy whatever we sell' attitude doesn't mean I love Microsoft.

Almost every game I've ever played on Xbox 360 that exists on PS3 has been inferior on the PS3. Game developers don't like the PS3 and neither do I because the controllers do suck (the left thumb rests unnaturally), I don't rate the online play or graphics, and because I don't care for the Playstation exclusive franchises.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
Biased? Just because I don't like Sony's 'fans will buy whatever we sell' attitude doesn't mean I love Microsoft.

Almost every game I've ever played on Xbox 360 that exists on PS3 has been inferior on the PS3. Game developers don't like the PS3 and neither do I because the controllers do suck (the left thumb rests unnaturally), I don't rate the online play or graphics, and because I don't care for the Playstation exclusive franchises.
Where did u hear of that attitude? And do you know the game developers then yea?
The game controllers I guess is just what ur used to, I personally feel comfortable with the PS pad... and i agree that the online gameplay isnt as good as 360..

Once again, graphics wise there is nothing between them.. unless u have a top notch HD tv, and i mean top notch, even then, there is minimal difference, in PS3's favour....

each to there own though ay...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
Briscoe87 said:
Where did u hear of that attitude? And do you know the game developers then yea?
The game controllers I guess is just what ur used to, I personally feel comfortable with the PS pad... and i agree that the online gameplay isnt as good as 360..

Once again, graphics wise there is nothing between them.. unless u have a top notch HD tv, and i mean top notch, even then, there is minimal difference, in PS3's favour....

each to there own though ay...
Did you not follow the saga of the PS3's release? That is exactly what Ken Kutaragi said about the eventual release of the product.

I read gamer articles. It's hardly a secret that the PS3 was not designed with developers in mind.

The fact that my thumb aches if I have a Playstation session with a mate for over 30 minutes and that I can play Xbox 360 all day long without a problem indicates something.

I have a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV upstairs that I use for gaming and I have never seen a PS3 game with graphics surpassing those on Xbox 360's.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Xbox360 controller is better than ps3 (but ps3 controller is motion sensitive ;) ) and online game also better on 360
but not for free.
graphics may be little bit better on Xbox360.
but the console of ps3 looks better, Sexy Console! :p while Xbox360 console doesn't look that good.
ps3 uses blueray and its the best thing ever
blue ray can hold up 10 times more than a dvd.
PlayStation3 is simple the best console of the new generation consoles :)

The fact that my thumb aches if I have a Playstation session with
:eek:
i used to play on my ps2 for hours with no any pain in my fingers.
when i bough the godfather the game i stayed playing for about 7 hours
when i bough hitman blood money i stayed playing for more the half a day
when i bough splinter cell double agent i stayed playing for about 5 hours
AND NO ANY PROBLEM WITH MY FINGERS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
The fact that my thumb aches if I have a Playstation session with a mate for over 30 minutes and that I can play Xbox 360 all day long without a problem indicates something.

I have a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV upstairs that I use for gaming and I have never seen a PS3 game with graphics surpassing those on Xbox 360's.
Yes, it means the 12million something other people who have a PS3 have deformed thumbs cus I haven't heard this excuse for not liking the PS3 before :rolleyes:

At the end of the day people have decided which console they prefer with there cash in their wallets, so why bother entering a PS3 thread which is aimed at helping a PS3 owner to just trash the console in question?

And don't call me a PS3 fan boy because I have both!

And like you I have a Samsung 32" LCD! Mine is a LE32R87BD and your talking crap if you think the xbox360 surpasses on every game you've played.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
abojodeh said:
Xbox360 controller is better than ps3 (but ps3 controller is motion sensitive ;) ) and online game also better on 360
but not for free.
graphics may be little bit better on Xbox360.
but the console of ps3 looks better, Sexy Console! :p while Xbox360 console doesn't look that good.
ps3 uses blueray and its the best thing ever
blue ray can hold up 10 times more than a dvd.
PlayStation3 is simple the best console of the new generation consoles :)


:eek:
i used to play on my ps2 for hours with no any pain in my fingers.
when i bough the godfather the game i stayed playing for about 7 hours
when i bough hitman blood money i stayed playing for more the half a day
when i bough splinter cell double agent i stayed playing for about 5 hours
AND NO ANY PROBLEM WITH MY FINGERS
Lol Abo.

I prefer the looks of the Xbox 360. Also it doesn't matter what size disk the consoles take unless you care about watching hi-def movies.

The compression technology that Microsoft licenses to developers is extremely capable and so far storage capacity has not been a problem to developers except the occasional Jap who wanted hours of cg cut-scenes.

Maybe I need to spend more time on a playstation then, but I have always found the controller extremely uncomfortable. Also the six-axis functionality is all but useless. It doesn't work well in almost every game it's used in and is just a silly gimmick. I would hate having to concentrate on what position the controller is in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
ScottE335 said:
Yes, it means the 12million something other people who have a PS3 have deformed thumbs cus I haven't heard this excuse for not liking the PS3 before :rolleyes:

At the end of the day people have decided which console they prefer with there cash in their wallets, so why bother entering a PS3 thread which is aimed at helping a PS3 owner to just trash the console in question?

And don't call me a PS3 fan boy because I have both!

And like you I have a Samsung 32" LCD! Mine is a LE32R87BD and your talking crap if you think the xbox360 surpasses on every game you've played.
The thumb doesn't rest naturally on the playstation controller. Regardless of whether my thumb is inferior to other people's thumbs, the Xbox 360's controller is better designed than the playstation's.

Name a single game that isn't better on the Xbox 360. I've played CoD4, skate, Rock Band, Virtua Tennis 3, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Fifa08, Elder Scrolls, Rainbow 6 & Orange Box on both consoles and I thought all were better on the 360, both in terms of controls and graphics.

But I sort of agree. What's the point in arguing? The whole point of video games is to have fun.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
ok 360 which was lunched in 22-11-2005 have sold 19 million console
and the ps3 which was luched in 11-11-2006 have sold 12 million console
...NO COMMENT

PS3 > Xbox 360
When PS3 Was Lunched 360 have dropped price ALLOT
...NO COMMENT

ahh and you can apdate your ps3 system
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top