Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the Ist Leg of their UEFA Cup QF in Hamburg, it's been very entertaining, 15 mins played now..!

It's 1-1, Stephen Ireland scored a brillant goal in the 1st min..
But Hamburg came back at them, Given made a few good saves..
Then hamburg equalised from a corner..!

Anyone actually bothered about the game?:D

Z

·
0 Posts
Football? On a Thursday? What's all that about then? must be some small time teams in a small time tournament :whistling:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Football? On a Thursday? What's all that about then? must be some small time teams in a small time tournament :whistling:
You guessed right..!:)
It's actually a good enough game though, good pace to the game...!
Citeh are playing as if it's a cup final:D, but their defending is terrible..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Its the Ist Leg of their UEFA Cup QF in Hamburg, it's been very entertaining, 15 mins played now..!

It's 1-1, Stephen Ireland scored a brillant goal in the 1st min..
But Hamburg came back at them, Given made a few good saves..
Then hamburg equalised from a corner..!

Anyone actually bothered about the game?:D
30 ' a lot of good saves to be honest.
The match is interesting .

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Other Uefa Cup matches:

FT Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 0 Marseille

35' Hamburger SV 1 - 1 Manchester C.

35' Paris S.G. 0 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv

35' Werder Bremen 1 - 0 Udinese

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Half-Time now, 1-1..!

Stephen Irelands's goal was class..!
His pass to Robinho was World Class, then he followed his pass, got into the box, recieved the ball and placed it in the corner.. Great Player! Why can't he come back and play for Ireland?:frown:
We could win the World Cup if we got him back..!:p:D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
City are lucky still to be in the position they are. Hamburg have been by far the better team and should be 2 or 3 goals up. They do have the away goal, but even if the scores stay they same it's not a perfect position considering the quality that Hamburg have.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't watched the 2nd half as much as the 1st but,
Yeah, Hamburg have been far better and should be ahead by more from what i've seen..!

Still if it was to finish 2-1, they would have the away goal and they would fancy beating Hamburg in the return leg in Manchester..

Hamburg 2-1 Citeh, 76 mins played..!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3-1 and there is still time for Hamburg to get a 4th..!:)

Forget what I said in the previous post, Citeh would have to play extremely well in the return leg now to go through... Hamburg have been Quality tonight..!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It's finished 3-1. :D

I really can't see them getting through now. They need to score 2 goals at the least, and stop Hamburg from scoring.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
:rofl::rofl:
Man City fail at Football and Life. Too bad for old Sparky, He's a goner come the end of the season. :red:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
too bad they scored an away goal. It gives them a slight chance of hoping to qualify. that doesn't mean they'll do it:rofl:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Last night Man City were grounded very well by HSV . Hamburger showed collective performance , spirit and skilles .
Only in the first half HSV had 12 shots / 9 in the target / .
Man City ........they have a few an excellent players ,but they can't use mostly of them properly due to circumstances not interested for me.
Like expample Valery Bozhinov now is recovered from bad injuries ,but he is not included in the UEFA team list because of lack of responsibilities and information inside the club /recognized by Sparky/ .

The other Bundesliga team Werder also did well against Udineze.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts