Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
City are crazy!! £60mill on a keeper!

City are now being linked with a £60 million bid for Buffon!! £60 MILLION! For a keeper! Im starting to think they have TOO much money and feel it cant end well, there'll be so much pressure on the players and manager to win everything i reckon its gonna implode before long!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4100640,00.html .

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
City are never going to be able to buy anyone for under 35 million ever again. They've been running their mouths of far too much about 135million for Ronaldo and 60million for Buffon, and black checks for Van Nistelrooy.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
"Buffon laughs off City link" - "Keano! laughs off rubbish talk" :rolleyes:

Never gonna happen......stupid speculation IMO anyways that the media are
creating just because of the cash splashed on Robinho...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeh it cant end well. They have to much and just feel like chucking it away. How must Joe Hart feel. 1 of the few city players with a big future ahead of him and they just disregard him...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Probably nothing more than Paper rumours as always. Chelsea were linked to practically every single major star/talented youngster and had them mnaking crazy bids for them. Now City are in the money, the same'll happen with them.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
even if they did bid this im strongly doubting that buffon would want to leave
the mans the hear and sole of juve, doubt hes going anywere
and as for ciddy and there spending powers i think they will get alot of players turning them down due to the fact they seem and sound a little dodgey

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
"Buffon laughs off City link" - "Keano! laughs off rubbish talk" :rolleyes:

Never gonna happen......stupid speculation IMO anyways that the media are
creating just because of the cash splashed on Robinho...
Exactly.

And tbh, if it DID happen, which is a massive, massive, massive if, he'll only go for the money if anything.

I think things are going seriously too far. They have all that money, so the newspapers are just going to keep writing about £30m bids for Player A, £50 for Player B etc etc.

All that carry-on for a "big" story, eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
this arab is going to do what abramovic did to the transfer market , take the prices up sky high .
thank god we do not need too many players in the next two years because our squad is still pretty young

·
Registered
734 Posts
if they were going to pay 60 on a keeper you think it would be for the best which is cassilas by a long shot, sur how old is buffon now, cassilas is only 26 i believe and is some quality keeper

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
stupid media talk , if these arabians are smart enough to become multi billionaires surely they are smart enough when it comes to spending money on a plaything, really does anyone seriously believe city will sign even half the players they are reported to be signing.

as football fans we all should know better than to believe anything thats reported in the media.
we have had years of this sort of speculation why do some people continue to take everything the media say as the truth.

·
23,699 Posts
Even if it is true, I wouldn't fall off my chair. The new owners are so much more richer than Abramovich, can you imagine, and they are more than eager to spend for their latest hobby. As evidenced from the last day of the transfer window, I believe they are going to bid for all the big names at a mere whisper by the cleaner lady in the club premise. Do remember also that for these filthy rich mulit-billionaires, ego and pride are more important than money and common sense.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
buffon laughed off the rumours...by nevertheless , he is THE BEST goalkeeper in the world....sure casillas , cech and vds are right there but i have never seen buffon making a blunder...that's what differenciate him from others...he's like a frikin robot

·
Registered
566 Posts
buffon will never leave juve. if he wanted all that money, he could use the excuse of relegation to move to another club. i think he will end his career at juve just like how del piero did, a true legend and hero to the fans. football need players like that - loyal.

S

·
0 Posts
City owners want Ferdinand
Peter Spencer
6/ 9/2008

RIO Ferdinand is the only English player City's new Arab owners want in their dream team.

The United defender has been named by Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim who has already said he'll be bidding £120m for Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window.

Other players he names in Arabian Business magazine include Italian keeper Gianluigi Buffon, Cesc Fabregas, Kaka, Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba.

Amazingly, signed-up Robinho, together with Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Villa, who were both subject of transfer D-Day inquiries by the Blues, do not figure.

The fact that Ferdinand is the most admired Englishman will send shivers down the spines of United fans.

The England defender signed a new five-year contract in April on a salary believed to be £120,000 a week.

Meanwhile, Buffon has laughed off reports linking him with a £60m move to City.

The Italy goalkeeper, who joined Juventus from Parma for £31m in 2001, said: "It's a journalist's fantasy. If an offer like that arrived I believe Juve would look at the numbers. But I doubt it would ever arrive."
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1065728_city_owners_want_ferdinand?rss=yes

1 - 20 of 40 Posts