Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

At capturing Santa Cruz. :D Well they fail at plenty of other things but this is the best one at the moment.

Manager Mark "Undercover" Hughes has revealed that City have had a bid in excess of £12m rejected.

Hughes went on to say that the bid was in fact "significantly larger" than the £12m they bid last summer.

Naturally most are assuming Rover's just rejected a £18m - £20m bid by the Citizen's, considering the Sky Blues new spending money.

Not that I'm complaining but that's a pretty gutsy move for a club that could have done great things with £20m, don't you think?

I love the fact that City are being rejected but does anyone here think Rover's should've just taken the money & ran?

After all, with all due respect, they're not going to get that kind of money for Santa Cruz from anyone else.

I ask you should Blackburn have taken the money? I'll have a poll set up asap. Just reply with your answer for now.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7816174.stm

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
dlan4327 said:

At capturing Santa Cruz. :D Well they fail at plenty of other things but this is the best one at the moment.

Manager Mark "Undercover" Hughes has revealed that City have had a bid in excess of £12m rejected.

Hughes went on to say that the bid was in fact "significantly larger" than the £12m they bid last summer.

Naturally most are assuming Rover's just rejected a £18m - £20m bid by the Citizen's, considering the Sky Blues new spending money.

Not that I'm complaining but that's a pretty gutsy move for a club that could have done great things with £20m, don't you think?

I love the fact that City are being rejected but does anyone here think Rover's should've just taken the money & ran?

After all, with all due respect, they're not going to get that kind of money for Santa Cruz from anyone else.

I ask you should Blackburn have taken the money? I'll have a poll set up asap. Just reply with your answer for now.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7816174.stm

Didnt Big Sam say there's been no offers for Santa Cruz? Or maybe he meant there's no offer big enough for Roque. :confused:

And NO...keep the player and let Ciddeh keep their money.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Its going to happen Santa cruz will be a city player without a doubt by the end of January .

City have the money to play hard ball plane and simple if they want someone like we wanted Berbatov they will pay over the odds come the end of the month .

He would be a brilliant signing for them he is a great finisher and is good in the air I think he would be great for us to be honest but it seems city have in the bag.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
red dave said:
Its going to happen Santa cruz will be a city player without a doubt by the end of January .

City have the money to play hard ball plane and simple if they want someone like we wanted Berbatov they will pay over the odds come the end of the month .

He would be a brilliant signing for them he is a great finisher and is good in the air I think he would be great for us to be honest but it seems city have in the bag.
Blackburn knows City got the money. They know Agent Hughes wants Roque and Roque have expressed the desire to move to a bigger club.
The question was...take the money or not.

I can see Roque move too...but not for 12 or 18. He will be way into the 20 million. Juve seems to turn down the offer of 97 million euro for Buffon and Trezeguet so in the end they will be desperate since there's not many players on the market. They will do what we did with Berba...splash the big cash in the last minute transfer.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I agree with Red dave its inevitable that he'll be a City player by the end of this window, I can just see it happening. Also I've heard they've put Jo and Caicedo up for loan :confused: which seems stupid to me as they are pretty short on strikers.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, I think Blackburn should have taken the offer.As it is Santa Cruz wants to move to a bigger club and there is no club 'bigger' than Manchester City. When he starts playing for City he'll realise how 'big' a club Manchester City is!

Blackburn won't get more money than what City are offering them and I think it would e inevitable that Roque would be a City player unless some really big club makes a bid of about £20-25m.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
any manager with a quality player who is not cup tied in champions league knows he has an asset .

they also know the best in the world are not going to go to city unless salary offer is plain daft .

so when city come calling they do what the yids did to us with berbatov --they call the bluff .

hughes is also a desperate man being judged as failing at the richest club in the world when only one big name came in and he didnt choose him .

lets hope in the summer city buy loads of fading stars on huge contracts just as the arrse falls out of football in a big way .

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Rahul said:
Yeah, I think Blackburn should have taken the offer.As it is Santa Cruz wants to move to a bigger club and there is no club 'bigger' than Manchester City. When he starts playing for City he'll realise how 'big' a club Manchester City is!

Blackburn won't get more money than what City are offering them and I think it would e inevitable that Roque would be a City player unless some really big club makes a bid of about £20-25m.
But for Rovers its not the money. They want to keep him...or wanted before he the player handed in a transfer request. In the summer they had a not for sale-sticker on Warnock and Santa Cruz. Everyone else was for sale to the right price.
I guess if Ciddeh wanted Benni or Roberts they would already have sealed the deal.

We will see how desperate Ciddeh is over Santa Cruz....I think the price tag will be way over 20 million.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts