Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something people have'nt mentioned yet is the fact that City have done us a favour they have totally finished the Ronaldo transfer saga.

No longer is it the main story in the media and no longer can Real Madrid afford Ronaldo .

Why because if Kaka a former winner of the world player of the year award is worth £120.000000 then Ronaldo is worth £200.0000000 easy .

Real cant afford that and the only club who can is City and we wouldnt sell him to them would we .



Cheers CITY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
red dave said:
Something people have'nt mentioned yet is the fact that City have done us a favour they have totally finished the Ronaldo transfer saga.

No longer is it the main story in the media and no longer can Real Madrid afford Ronaldo .

Why because if Kaka a former winner of the world player of the year award is worth £120.000000 then Ronaldo is worth £200.0000000 easy .

Real cant afford that and the only club who can is City and we wouldnt sell him to them would we .



Cheers CITY
I have to say KaKa has restored my faith in footballers and in football in general imo . He turned down a kings ransom to stay at a club who hold a place in his heart and lets face it where he has a realistic chance of winning something . Thats not to say he wont move eventually but he seen Citeh for the crap club that they are .
I wonder if it were United or Chelsea offering that sort of money would he have turned down a transfer . I dont think he would some how .
If a player can turn down half a mill each week to play for City , then they have no chance of signing anyone worth while now .
Criag Bellamy , wow what a prolific striker . 8 clubs in 9 seasons says it all . Best of luck city cause you are gonna need it .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dublin red said:
I have to say KaKa has restored my faith in footballers and in football in general imo . He turned down a kings ransom to stay at a club who hold a place in his heart and lets face it where he has a realistic chance of winning something . Thats not to say he wont move eventually but he seen Citeh for the crap club that they are .
I wonder if it were United or Chelsea offering that sort of money would he have turned down a transfer . I dont think he would some how .
If a player can turn down half a mill each week to play for City , then they have no chance of signing anyone worth while now .
Criag Bellamy , wow what a prolific striker . 8 clubs in 9 seasons says it all . Best of luck city cause you are gonna need it .
Yeah agreed but lets face facts Kaka won the champions league and dedicated it to Jesus.

I dont think someone who loves religion so much cares for money so much so I think they went for the wrong superstar didnt they .

But what they did was make all clubs with world class players like united , Barce and Real madrid look at the price of there players and it means the prices have gone through the roof !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
red dave said:
Yeah agreed but lets face facts Kaka won the champions league and dedicated it to Jesus.

I dont think someone who loves religion so much cares for money so much so I think they went for the wrong superstar didnt they .

But what they did was make all clubs with world class players like united , Barce and Real madrid look at the price of there players and it means the prices have gone through the roof !!!
City arent the only ones peed off with his desicion to stay at milan apparently his old man / agent is none too pleased with his pride and joy . There would have been some commission for him had the deal gone through . Bummer :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
dublin red said:
I have to say KaKa has restored my faith in footballers and in football in general imo . He turned down a kings ransom to stay at a club who hold a place in his heart and lets face it where he has a realistic chance of winning something . Thats not to say he wont move eventually but he seen Citeh for the crap club that they are .
I wonder if it were United or Chelsea offering that sort of money would he have turned down a transfer . I dont think he would some how .
If a player can turn down half a mill each week to play for City , then they have no chance of signing anyone worth while now .
Criag Bellamy , wow what a prolific striker . 8 clubs in 9 seasons says it all . Best of luck city cause you are gonna need it .
I couldn't agree more. At work, I declared it a victory for football and we raised our coke and diet coke cans as a toast t kaka ;)

Kaka's actions were made easier by the fact that he's already at a great club and is their highest-paid players, but mostly because of the fans and I'm happy about that.

red dave - good observation man. it was really refreshig not to read aout ronaldo and Madrid for a change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I couldn't agree more. At work, I declared it a victory for football and we raised our coke and diet coke cans as a toast t kaka ;)

Kaka's actions were made easier by the fact that he's already at a great club and is their highest-paid players, but mostly because of the fans and I'm happy about that.
I'm not trying to slate him, but let's not get carried away praising Kaka (and not saying you are RFR ;)). I mean, those did he really turn down that much more money? It is not like he has to pay for anything ever again in Milan with his CL performance. With all his endorsement money as well, it is not like the guy is living on peanuts. I would be willing to say that he makes more endorsement wise at Milan, than he wold if he had gone to City.

I can't imagine any player not having a similar response in fairness. I mean, this City "revolution" has been going on since the summer and how many world classes players are at the club?

I just don't understand the whole "He has restored my faith in footballers" comment. Why because he made a smart professional business decision? I would argue that you put too much faith into footballers in the first place then. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Cappy said:
I'm not trying to slate him, but let's not get carried away praising Kaka (and not saying you are RFR ;)). I mean, those did he really turn down that much more money? It is not like he has to pay for anything ever again in Milan with his CL performance. With all his endorsement money as well, it is not like the guy is living on peanuts. I would be willing to say that he makes more endorsement wise at Milan, than he wold if he had gone to City.

I can't imagine any player not having a similar response in fairness. I mean, this City "revolution" has been going on since the summer and how many world classes players are at the club?

I just don't understand the whole "He has restored my faith in footballers" comment. Why because he made a smart professional business decision? I would argue that you put too much faith into footballers in the first place then. ;)
At the same time, let's not underplay his decision shall we?

He turned down a job that would have paid him three times more than he currently does. That's not that easy either.

Even if his endorsements dropped (which is debatable) his salary and new endorsements would dwarf his current salary.

As I implied in my post, i wasn't like he was choosing between heaven and hell, but it was not an easy decision either.
Dude, he turned down 3 times his current
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Cappy said:
I'm not trying to slate him, but let's not get carried away praising Kaka (and not saying you are RFR ;)). I mean, those did he really turn down that much more money? It is not like he has to pay for anything ever again in Milan with his CL performance. With all his endorsement money as well, it is not like the guy is living on peanuts. I would be willing to say that he makes more endorsement wise at Milan, than he wold if he had gone to City.

I can't imagine any player not having a similar response in fairness. I mean, this City "revolution" has been going on since the summer and how many world classes players are at the club?

I just don't understand the whole "He has restored my faith in footballers" comment. Why because he made a smart professional business decision? I would argue that you put too much faith into footballers in the first place then. ;)
It is a smart decision to stay and I understand your points but credit where it's due. Kaka's clearly a man of principles and good values who feels grateful for what he has rather than what he could have. In all his time at AC he's never asked for a pay rise, the club have instigated and decided the amount of any increase on every occassion with no input from him. He also donates 10% of his total earnings to charity (via the church) and is widely regarded as being one of the nicest guys you could meet on and off the field. Since November 2004, he has served as an Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nations' World Food Programme, the youngest to do so at the time of his appointment. He's basically the finest role model playing the game today and deserves a massive amount of praise and respect for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
you won't get many footballers like kaka with morals. no way

kaka is a special footballer he plays on the pitch very good but also his attitude to life teaches our young footballers today
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
This was an advertising move and media speculation more than real proposal!
Milan, Kaka even city got popularity, that's all end of story
Well organized PR play

This is ridiculous, a whole team costs such amount!
I can't believe that people took this serious it's questioning their intelligence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
RedForceRising said:
At the same time, let's not underplay his decision shall we?

He turned down a job that would have paid him three times more than he currently does. That's not that easy either.

Even if his endorsements dropped (which is debatable) his salary and new endorsements would dwarf his current salary.

As I implied in my post, i wasn't like he was choosing between heaven and hell, but it was not an easy decision either.
Dude, he turned down 3 times his current
Here I would offer this scenario. Imagine you work for Google, making a pretty good chunk of change and working for, by all accounts, just about the nicest place in the world. (Hell, look at pictures of Google's work place and it makes Santa's North pole look like Haggler's basement dungeon in comparison.

Then, based on you solid performance, some company, let's say Freddie Mac offers you a job to come lead its revolution at three times your current wages.


Does triple the salary mean all that much when you look at the bigger picture?

Again, I am not trying to underplay it, I just don't see how going to City is necessarily the better business move, just because it offers more money. I guess I am one of the few that values quality and happiness of life (both two things that are impossible to come by at the Wastelands), as much as I value money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
No offence to anyone but seriously now, kaka is loyal cause its City...does anyone really think if its man utd who were knocking on the door with that kind of money, he would reject?? I doubt so..


Ok i might not like him eversince he choked giggsy once, but i still give him some respect thou only because he didnt join city.
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
babysenorita said:
No offence to anyone but seriously now, kaka is loyal cause its City...does anyone really think if its man utd who were knocking on the door with that kind of money, he would reject?? I doubt so..


Ok i might not like him eversince he choked giggsy once, but i still give him some respect thou only because he didnt join city.
True true, but we cannot speak due to the fact that United never approached him and we don`t know how he would have reacted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Exactly so i wouldnt go over the top to praise him for being loyal as yet. I personally never trust these young players anymore.Fair play to him for now he stayed lets hope he remain that way.
 

·
All round nice guy
Joined
·
3,887 Posts
restecpa to kaka.

Unfortunately, I completely disagree with the "He has restored my faith in footballers" comments. Kaka is very much in the minority of footballers motivated by trophies/history/fans/jebus/heart/whatever rather than money.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top