Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid are reported to have turned down a "blank cheque" from Manchester City for former United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Blues eventually shelled out £32.5million for Real's Brazil striker Robinho following Monday's shock takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group.

But before sealing that deal, Spanish daily Marca claims Real chose to reject an even more staggering offer for another Bernabeu superstar - Dutch striker van Nistelrooy.

The paper claims when City were told van Nistelrooy was not for sale, they came back with a huge bid that was rejected.

Then, in a final attempt to land the ex-Old Trafford star, they reportedly offered Madrid a blank cheque and told them to name their price for van Nistelrooy. But once again, Madrid refused.

It is the latest bizarre rumour to come out of Monday's deadline-day frenzy, which was kicked off by that City takeover.

As well as landing Robinho, the Blues also tabled a British-record transfer bid for Dimitar Berbatov and were also linked with the likes of David Villa and Mario Gomez.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i for one love the fact that wealthy people are investing in "smaller " teams...that way - the small teams become more atractive and competitive...i don't mind it - bring it on ! if only villa bought ibrahimovic !

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
abojodeh said:
they say fair football no more :mad:

am actually quiting football
abo, you already said you will quit following football, but you;re still here.... stop moping around. football changes all the time. Are you worried Man Utd will stop winning trophies and you;ll have to find another team to support?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
RedForceRising said:
abo, you already said you will quit following football, but you;re still here.... stop moping around. football changes all the time. Are you worried Man Utd will stop winning trophies and you;ll have to find another team to support?
good post mate

·
Registered
286 Posts
If I was Madrid a wud have wrote about 500 million on it or something. Anyone would be sold for 500million...

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Hezzy said:
If I was Madrid a wud have wrote about 500 million on it or something. Anyone would be sold for 500million...
You could probably buy every club in League 1 and 2 for that much.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
haha exactly. ruud is how old now? well into his 30s, realistically why not just write down £50m and that would've been the biggest bump ever.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
if they are considering 50 million plus offers for a 32 year old then city owners really do have money to chuck away . he has maybe 2 years left and zero resale value .

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
its rubbish.
why would madrid turn down mega bucks for a 32 yr old.
its the same every tie someone comes in and buys a football club the press go mad every half decent with the club in question.
i think its a combination of pr and media madness.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
This City stuff a joke, they will bid for every top player they want in January.
They better not have the cheek to bid for Ronaldo.
They will pay us and pay him stupid money, this will ruin football.
Abu has a new toy

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Ruud would never play for another premiership club let alone City. Whatever may have passed between him and SAF.

Ruud still loves United, in his own way, and he respects SAF. Plus he's already achieved all he could in England.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am so glad they didn't...
Not giving into the new rich team in town proved that maybe it won't destroy the league...and the game.
I was worried when I saw what was happening...the the footballing world would become a playground for billionares. A realistic version of FIFA08 that only a few can afford to play. But if the teams and the players can just say NO there still might be some hope.
=]

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
50 million would only be a drop in the ocean for City's new owners, I've heard the family is worth around 880 BILLION pounds :eek:

He won't come back though, i see him being one of those players who retire pretty early 34/35 ish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts