27,654 Posts
We are on fire .
Nobody will stand in our way -not even the special one
2-1 for me - ronaldo and berba for us

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Gotta say Im already bricking it :blink:
Got a bad feeling about this one. If Inter score first with a crappy goal we are in the shit...
Dying for this game but dreading it at the same time.
It will have the same tension as the Barca game last season
Please God let us win.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
i dont like this feeling - remember the invincibles of arsenal

they came back from the bridge with 1-1 and everyone saw chelsea out of it but chelsea beat 'em 2-1 on highbury

wounded lyon is the most dangerous ;)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i dont like this feeling - remember the invincibles of arsenal

they came back from the bridge with 1-1 and everyone saw chelsea out of it but chelsea beat 'em 2-1 on highbury

wounded lyon is the most dangerous ;)
but we are playing inter not lyon ya muppet

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
it will be tight and another great European night at old trafford it has the barca semi final of last year written all over it but i think we will shade it either 1-0 or 2-1 with Rooney to score the goal(s)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Inter's Mourinho stays calm despite raft of injuries
Reuters - March 8, 2009, 9:30 am

MILAN, March 7 (Reuters) - Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho refused to panic on Saturday despite losing two more injured centre backs ahead of the Champions League clash with holders Manchester United.

Serie A leaders Inter won 2-0 at Genoa thanks to goals from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli but Marco Materazzi went off with a leg injury and Nicolas Burdisso also took a knock.

Cristian Chivu and Walter Samuel were already struggling to be fit for Wednesday's last-16 second leg at United but the performance of midfielder Esteban Cambiasso as a makeshift centre back has eased Mourinho's worries.

"We have faith for the game in Manchester even if I won't be able to sleep because we'll have lots of problems in defence against very strong, attacking opponents," Mourinho told Sky television.

"This team have always come out with their heads held high despite all the problems.

LEADER CAMBIASSO

"In defence, without Materazzi and Burdisso, without me being able to make any more changes, the spirit of the squad has come to the fore. Cambiasso played magnificently as a centre back and on the field he has been a leader."

If the injuries do not clear Ivan Cordoba would be available as well as Nelson Rivas, who started the 0-0 draw with United in the first leg but was substituted at halftime and was poor in Wednesday's 3-0 Italian Cup defeat at Sampdoria.

Mourinho is facing an Italian federation charge after lambasting his Serie A rivals and referees during the week.

AS Roma chief executive Rosella Sensi said the Portuguese had risked inciting violence with his comments and Mourinho was unusually reserved on Saturday, despite controversy over whether Balotelli's goal crossed the line.

"Now I am a coach who does his work and leaves others to do theirs," he said.

(Writing by Mark Meadows, editing by Tony Jimenez)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Materazzi and Burdisso out for our clash !

Inter's Mourinho stays calm despite raft of injuries
Reuters - March 8, 2009, 9:30 am

MILAN, March 7 (Reuters) - Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho refused to panic on Saturday despite losing two more injured centre backs ahead of the Champions League clash with holders Manchester United.

Serie A leaders Inter won 2-0 at Genoa thanks to goals from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli but Marco Materazzi went off with a leg injury and Nicolas Burdisso also took a knock.

Cristian Chivu and Walter Samuel were already struggling to be fit for Wednesday's last-16 second leg at United but the performance of midfielder Esteban Cambiasso as a makeshift centre back has eased Mourinho's worries.

"We have faith for the game in Manchester even if I won't be able to sleep because we'll have lots of problems in defence against very strong, attacking opponents," Mourinho told Sky television.

"This team have always come out with their heads held high despite all the problems.

LEADER CAMBIASSO

"In defence, without Materazzi and Burdisso, without me being able to make any more changes, the spirit of the squad has come to the fore. Cambiasso played magnificently as a centre back and on the field he has been a leader."

If the injuries do not clear Ivan Cordoba would be available as well as Nelson Rivas, who started the 0-0 draw with United in the first leg but was substituted at halftime and was poor in Wednesday's 3-0 Italian Cup defeat at Sampdoria.

Mourinho is facing an Italian federation charge after lambasting his Serie A rivals and referees during the week.

AS Roma chief executive Rosella Sensi said the Portuguese had risked inciting violence with his comments and Mourinho was unusually reserved on Saturday, despite controversy over whether Balotelli's goal crossed the line.

"Now I am a coach who does his work and leaves others to do theirs," he said.

(Writing by Mark Meadows, editing by Tony Jimenez)

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Materazzi & Burdisso? This is actually more helpful to Inter than to us.

Cordoba & Chivu are arguably their best CB partnership. Juan is right after them.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My prediction is 3-1

I know that 4 goals are too much for a game like this / especially against Italian team /, but we have the players to do it. It will not be a problem after so many injuries at their CB position / hope they are really injured - not only speculations/

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Chivu is absolute shit at center back. He was responsible for at least 4 of our 7 against Roma.

1 - 20 of 394 Posts