Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone hope your all ok, right what im doing is getting a petition together to get Uefa to move the 2009 CL Final from Roma's Stadio Olimpico. They say it's not possible as it wont be safe, but I like many other fans disagree and being a supporter of one of the last 8 left in the competition wouls not feel safe going to this place should my team reach the final. So if you would sign my petition i would be very grateful as im going to try my very best to get Uefa to sit up and listen!!! I hope this is ok with the Mods and best wishes and luck to everyone in the rest of the competition!!!

Thanks in Advance

James

here's the link

Champions League 2009 Final Venue Change Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Fine with me.

I'll sign it because I have the same fears you do but I don't hold out any hope that UEFA will change the venue.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Pretty crap stadium for atmosphere IMO....next years at the Bernabau (sp) will be classic IMO...

As for the above petrition....won't make any difference, but signed nonetheless.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
No problem at all James. I agree that it should be moved. Its too dangerous.
last time United were there a group of lads got locked up for months for doing nowt.
People getting stabbed at footie games is just wrong.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Considering what happened the last time L'Olimpico
staged a European Cup final I do hope they up
the security but what the Arsenal fans were doing
in Campo de' Fiori I don't know. I thought they'd
learned their lesson after witnessing their arrival
some years back.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Considering what happened the last time L'Olimpico
staged a European Cup final I do hope they up
the security but what the Arsenal fans were doing
in Campo de' Fiori I don't know. I thought they'd
learned their lesson after witnessing their arrival
some years back.
Right, it was the Arsenal fans fault...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Doubt it is useful, even if it is the logical thing to do. What UEFA has agreed with the Rome council cannot be cancelled just because of some fans. The issue is how on earth could they even agree to host it in Rome at the first place? Especially knowing their past record.

I said move it to Spain, since I will be going there during that time period. LOLZ.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts