VS

Final
Manchester United VS Chelsea
UEFA Champions League
Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Wednesday, 21st May 2008
KO : 19:45 BST

--------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United set up the first all-English final in the history of the Champions League, beating Barcelona 1-0 Tuesday night behind Paul Scholes' goal in the 14th minute.

Luzhniki stadium, reconstructed in time for the 1980 Moscow Olympics and featuring a large Lenin statue, now a rarity in the capital, does not hold particularly good memories for English footballers, with many members of Man Utd, Liverpool, and Chelsea appearing in the national side that was beaten 2-1 by Russia in October of last year. The defeat ultimately led to England failing to make this summer's European Championships, to be held in Austria and Switzerland.

English teams are dominating this season and does it mark the beginning of a new wave of English European dominance last seen 25 to 30 years ago when clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United , Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa kept the old European Cup on English soil year after year? Will we see youngsters leaving their home country to come and play in England and not Spain or Italy ?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
futbol said:
I have united in the List ........ read !
I know you have - I did read ...

And I said ...

Surely it was Liverpool, Forest and Villa who kept it in Britain year after year ?

United had one victory a long time before this .... 1968

Read !

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Surely it was Liverpool, Forest and Villa who kept it in Britain year after year ?

United had one victory a long time before this .... 1968 :confused:
correct carly united victory came years before the dominance the english clubs note thats english not british clubs

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point....

But whom do u wanna see in final ?

RichardsReds said:
Maybe we'll see the great european players coming into England when at their peaks rather than leaving for barca or madrid now?
Yes we will ! :D

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I know you have - I did read ...

And I said ...

United had one victory a long time before this .... 1968

Read !
Lets not forget Celtic - 1967

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Celtic are the first british club to win europe, a little known fact there for you.

I want to beat the scousers at Moscow. Nothing could beat that! Losing 2 finals in a row and to us! Class!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RichardsReds said:
Celtic are the first british club to win europe, a little known fact there for you.

I want to beat the scousers at Moscow. Nothing could beat that! Losing 2 finals in a row and to us! Class!

1. Thanks for the fact

2. Lets beat those Liverscum ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The Final

None of us really knew who we wanted in the final

Liverpool ; we're obviously more than capable of beating them but they're crazy one off games in the CL was a worry! and they'd have rested every1 for the final! Plus I'd have either end my life or emigrate if they beat us in the final!

Chelsea are a much tougher team to beat! Our record against them in recent seasons is pretty poor! Would you put your house on it?! They're still in the title race so a few injuries knocks tired legs etc could help us

What ya's think happy / sad we got the rentboy's??

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd rather have had Liverpool. For local bragging rights, because it's Liverpool, because we hate them, because imagine their heartache losing to us, and finally because Gary Neville is a red!

However; it is Chelsea, and for all the oil tycoon can pull strings with the locals, I can't see us coming home without the European Cup.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would have loved to see a Manchester United V Liverpool Final. The old enemy at it with the CL on the line!! Shame we have to play those chelsea diks hehe

MY best mate is Liverpool fan...and we were sooooo praying for a Man V Liv final so that we could get together and get on-the-chop during the final...sadly, that day will never come now ....:(

1 - 20 of 463 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.