VS

Final
Manchester United VS Chelsea
UEFA Champions League
Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Wednesday, 21st May 2008
KO : 19:45 BST

--------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United set up the first all-English final in the history of the Champions League, beating Barcelona 1-0 Tuesday night behind Paul Scholes' goal in the 14th minute.

Luzhniki stadium, reconstructed in time for the 1980 Moscow Olympics and featuring a large Lenin statue, now a rarity in the capital, does not hold particularly good memories for English footballers, with many members of Man Utd, Liverpool, and Chelsea appearing in the national side that was beaten 2-1 by Russia in October of last year. The defeat ultimately led to England failing to make this summer's European Championships, to be held in Austria and Switzerland.

English teams are dominating this season and does it mark the beginning of a new wave of English European dominance last seen 25 to 30 years ago when clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United , Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa kept the old European Cup on English soil year after year? Will we see youngsters leaving their home country to come and play in England and not Spain or Italy ?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point....

But whom do u wanna see in final ?

RichardsReds said:
Maybe we'll see the great european players coming into England when at their peaks rather than leaving for barca or madrid now?
Yes we will ! :D

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RichardsReds said:
Celtic are the first british club to win europe, a little known fact there for you.

I want to beat the scousers at Moscow. Nothing could beat that! Losing 2 finals in a row and to us! Class!

1. Thanks for the fact

2. Lets beat those Liverscum ;)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Chelsea in the final.....

Revenge..... (Nani said in interview that he wanted chelsea !)

Lets beat them in Moscow when Roman will be watchin !

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
ADAM_85 said:
Kinda off subject, but who is the "home" team?

I ask because I think it makes a difference as to which kit we'd play in, and if Liverdole would have got to the final, and been the home team, we'd not be in Red.

Either way, its academic as the team colours will be red and blue. And Moscow will be painted red, and show the manky russian what a real RED ARMY is.
We are ! We wear our home kit ! The red devils ! Yay ! :D ;)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Sir Alex Begins Preparations For Moscow

Ferguson Begins Preparations For Moscow

By Adam - 13/05/2008 08:46

Source : UWS

"Tuesday morning, will be the start of winning the European Cup," reckons Alex Ferguson as he prepares his squad for Moscow.

"The mood generated by winning the league puts us in a very confident position.

"I expect my players to have the ability and confidence to play on the biggest stage in the world. Of that, I have absolutely no doubt."

The biggest dilemma it seems will be whether to play Cristiano Ronaldo or Dong Fangzhou in a floating role. :eek:

"The hardest part won't be leaving players out of the team, it will be leaving players off the bench," Ferguson agreed.

"We had 26 players with us at Wigan. One of them, Ben Foster, is ineligible to play in Moscow. The other 25 can, so work it out. That means seven can't be involved in Moscow. And that's where the heartache comes in.

"In Barcelona [for the 1999 final] it wasn't too bad because Paul Scholes and Roy Keane were suspended and Henning Berg was injured," he recalled. :(

"But in Rotterdam [for the 1991 European Cup Winners' Cup final] I had to leave out my son Darren :( and that wasn't easy. I'm not looking forward to it because it really is terrible. But someone has to make those decisions. You just hope they understand and that they appreciate it's a squad game and that they have all played their part.

"There are Friday mornings when I find myself telling Carlos Queiroz, 'Come on, cut the session.' The players are so competitive I'm frightened that someone will get injured. But it's a measure of their desire to do well all the time. We've got a lot of different personalities but they all have that desire. That's the thing that pleases me most."

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
ROFLMAO !

Yes there have been some with user names of :

Moscow08 or CL_Moscow ......

Maybe they shud try

usernames such as touts or scammers ! :D

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
VS

Final
Manchester United VS Chelsea
UEFA Champions League
Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Wednesday, 21st May 2008
KO : 19:45 BST

--------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Maradona Backs Tevez

Maradona backing Tevez's Man Utd to defeat Chelsea

tribalfootball.com

Diego Maradona is backing Manchester United in tonight's Champions League final against Chelsea because of Carlos Tevez. The former Argentina great admitted he will turn into a United fan for one day because he wants Tevez to win the Champions League in Moscow.

Speaking in Cannes, where Maradona is promoting the film 'Maradona' by the Bosnian director Emir Kusturica, he said: "I think Manchester will beat Chelsea. My friend Carlitos (Tevez) plays there. "I think Manchester win tomorrow, even though I have quite a lot of friends in several team.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Yeah..... United is his priority now. Hey , your club also is managed by Roy Keane who is from United. Sunderland too has two players Richardson and Evans. Both a re in the premiership.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·
stretty said:
i know what you mean mate , but isnt john terry pretty stupid he keeps falling over again and again
dont you mean...again.... and again.... and again...............over and over again :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.