• Scholes

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
nothing like thats going to happen. i'm sure united have their own security and chief + Abromovitch is not stupid. he knows that if something like this happened he would be top of the lists of suspects.

·
23,699 Posts
I don't think Chelski even feel the need to poison our food since they have just beaten us and probably already counted their chickens.:rolleyes:

I am more concerned with the men in black. You know, some Russian hot babes, 6-star suites, some money to spend...

Don't be silly. Have we lost a CL Final before? :D ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well. it may seem like a bad spy thriller, but consider this:

International concern over killings of Russian journalists
Concern about the killings of Russian journalists in the several years up to 2007 has been voiced in many quarters. Russian authorities have been repeatedly criticized for not arresting and prosecuting the murderers, and critics have noted that many of the journalists killed were critical of the regime of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The board of the World Association of Newspapers passed a resolution in June 2007 calling on Russian authorities to investigate journalist deaths more vigorously.

May 2006 Premier League review : Monday, May 8
Tottenham Left Sick As A Parrot
With most things done and dusted before the final week of league action got under way most sides looked as though they were already away on their summer holidays. The team with most to play for, Tottenham Hotspur, also had that kind of feeling, if only because of the food poisoning suffered by more than half their squad on the eve of their make or break game at West Ham. Ten players went down with sickness on Saturday night and Spurs had to make the best of a bad situation when they were refused permission to postpone the game by one day.

"Italian organized crime in America is a pimple on a horse's ass compared with Russian organized crime in America—and globally," says Robert I. Friedman, author of a new book on the Russian Mafia.

The reason for the Russian Mafia's dominance, says Friedman, is that they "have something no crime group in the world has. They have their own state to work from, in fact, a former superpower." Currently, Russian mobsters are operating in 50 countries.

Now, I'm not saying that they would POISON the United team, as in kill: all they would have to do is slip in some sleeping powder or the like where we can't play to our best. Reduce the team's energy by say 10%. Ever see Gladiator? Remember the scene before the Emperor has to fight Lucius Maximus. He doesn't kill him, just weakens him enough to stack the odds in his favour. Also, I'm not saying this food sabotage will happen, just that we ought to take precautions. Russia is not a democracy by a long shot, and Abramovic is a very powerful man. He did not play fair to get where he is now. There were killings before he took over some sections of the aluminium industry for example. This was reported in a documentary on British TV (cant remember which channel now).

There is a huge amount riding on this game. Abramovic owns the opposition team. The final is in his 'territory'. All I'm suggesting is that we take precautions.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Where will you be watching the Champions League final!??

Just phoned man utd ticketing and all they said they were doing at old trafford was showing it at the RED CAFE.....the phone number is 01618688303 for anyone who wants to book....

im not booking, i can imagine it being formal, as the woman on the phone said.."book at table"....

i was hoping they would have a fanzone thingy there....big screen with bar, outside OT or something!!.....

so at the moment all i can think of is BIshops Blaze to watch it.but i'd have to get there as soon as it opened to get a place there....

anyone any other ideas????

where is everyone going to watch it...? i want somewhere with atmosphere lol!

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I am still pretty gutted that I can't get to Moscow for the final, So I am buying a new Big screen HDTV, getting a few beers and watching at my house with mates and family. I can't wait for it.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
depends on my cousin and if he gets a pass from his missus . if he does we will be heading to manchester area on the rattler , if not he has got a 50 inch plasma with full hd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Coming Up2 Ot/manchester For The Night With 20 Or So Other Reds. But At The Mo V'disapoint'd That United Are Not Putting Anything On For The Fans For The Final, Specialy As It In F**king Russia And You Cant Even Get In The Country Without A Ticket! And We Only Got 21,000 Of Them.... Its A Joke! There Needs To Be A Big Screen/fan Zone Some Where Surly!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Rooney Could Miss Moscow Trip

Not only is the young forward still suffering from a hip injury, but his long-standing hernia issue is also troubling him.

As such the England international could well miss the encounter with Chelsea in Moscow in three weeks' time.

The former Everton man hasn't played since limping off during his side's defeat to Chelsea a week ago, and while he trained on Friday and could face West Ham today, he may find his season over after the Hammers match.

Nonetheless, first team boss Alex Ferguson is determined to help Rooney stagger over the finish line, stating that the Red Devils will do 'everything possible' to help Rooney make it to the Russian capital.

Rooney has managed 77 goals in 187 appearances for United since arriving in 2004.

Goal.com

41 - 60 of 463 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.