Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure about the abbreviation, but I hope that works. :D

Anyway, we're going to Lyon to play. With Lyon, I think it could go any way. I mean, Rangers won at Lyon, but then Lyon beat them 3-0 at Ibrox... From what I hear, Juninho is coming back from injury, and while it would have been better he didn't play at all, he will not be at 100% which is good for us. And with Ben Arfa and Benzema, Rio and Vidic will have to be on top of their games. Although I figure that if Hargreaves plays, he could shut down Juninho altogether, and then we won't have to worry about him feeding the Ben duo. A win would be excellent, as they'd have to come to Old Trafford with guns blazing, and our counter attacks will be able to work them, but a draw there isn't the worst thing in the world either.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Lyon's last game-9th Feb
Lyon 4-1 Sochaux
(HT 1-0)
Bodmer 2
Bodmer 76
Govou 90
Benzema 90

Next game:
Saturday, 16 February 2008
Le Mans v Lyon, 16:10

League standings:
1 Lyon 49
2 Bordeaux 45
3 AS Nancy 41
4 Nice 37

·
Registered
55 Posts
i feel that for wednesday's game we will need to play a team like this or very similar, because lets face it that lyon away isint hardly a walk in the park:

VDS

BROWN RIO VIDIC EVRA

RONALDO HARGREAVES ANDERSON OR SCHOLES GIGGS

ROONEY TEVEZ

ronaldo will give us the speed and attacking threat and giggs will also give this but his valuable experience.

hargreaves and anderson or scholes will work well together especially anderson and hargreaves for evidence look at the arsenal game earlier this season.

without rooney or tevez we are ****ing shit lets face the fact, so its key that these 2 must start or i fear for the worst.

Z

·
0 Posts
I hear Juninho is out. It'd be great if that's true because he's ther best player by a mile. He's also their captain if my memory is correct. benzema is class though and Rio and Vida will have to keep him out of the game if we're to keep a clean sheet and get a decent result.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will be sat at home watching this in front of the tele with a couple of drinks, anyway don't know much about lyon myself, apart from seeing them in the champions league i don't get a chance to keep track of what they are doing in the French league or whatever its called, I know from previous champions league games this season and in other years they can be a dangerous side, any form of draw would be a good result, But we really could do without slipping up here, because if we do, i fear Lyon will amke it tough for us at old trafford and it will be tough to score. come on you reds, lets get the job done in france!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You May Not Believe Me But I Think It Will Be 3-0 Or 4-0 Were To Good For Them And We Showed That Against Arsenal With No Were Near Are Full Sterngth Team, This Games Leaves Me No Worries At All.

Rooney 2, Ronaldo 1, And/or Tevez 1

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Lyon's last games-9th Feb
Lyon 4-1 Sochaux
(HT 1-0)
Bodmer 2
Bodmer 76
Govou 90
Benzema 90

Saturday, 16 February 2008
Le Mans 1-0 Lyon

So it seems they lost yesterday, which is hardly ideal preperation for the game against us on Wednesday. At least now we will have all the confidence and Lyon will be running scared.

With one eye on Wednesday's European showdown with United, Lyon coach Alain Perrin decided to leave Karim Benzema, the championship's top scorer with 16 goals, on the bench despite already missing injured Brazilian attacker Fred.

League standings:
1 Lyon 25 pts-49
2 Bordeaux 24 pts-45
3 AS Nancy 25 pts-41
4 Nice 25 pts-38

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i would like to see a surprise performer in the match, somebody step up and put some pressure off our triple threat, dun be over dependent on them

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
i have a feeling this match will be quite tough. Lyon when in top form can produce some great football, when poor can be battered.

I wonder who will come into the starting 11 against lyon will be? ...i think scholes will come back in, probably for fletcher and will tevez start? Scholes game is now more very suited to europe football where u have more time, its not as fast but its very technically and tactically demanding.

I have the feeling fergie may leave tevez on the bench after the anderson performance. Whoever is replaced will feel hard done after the arsenal game but i think fergie will probably be lookin at a bigger picture. Tevez always seems to score important goals however so its really difficuly to tell who he will start with. Ronaldo will be back for park.......

I think the team will be

vds

brown rio vidic evra

ronaldo carrick/hargo scholes nani

anderson

rooney

or

vds

brown rio vidic evra

ronaldo carrick scholes giggs

tevez rooney....

either way i cannot wait to be honest after this performance. United will be buzzing but lyon will be hurt after there weekend loss and will want to make up for it in front of there own crowd, i hate predicting scores because im always wrong so i just look forward to the game!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will go with a 1-1 draw, Benzema to open the scoring and Ronnie to equalise with a freekick!!!

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Nani
Hargreaves
Scholes
Anderson
Rooney

Saha to come on for a few minutes for some match practice, Carrick and Tevez to come on when we're losing at half-time!!!

I can see us starting Hargreaves, because, really, this is when he'll shine imo, touch european away games!!!

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
-----------------------------------Van Der Sar---------------------------------
-
---Brown-------------Ferdinand (C)---------Vidic--------------Evra------
-
--Nani----------------Anderson-------------Fletcher----------Ronaldo---
-
------------------------------------Scholes------------------------------------
-
-----------------------------------Rooney-------------------------------------

Bench: Kusczazk, O'Shea, Carrick, Saha, Giggs, Tevez, Simpson

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i would start with the same 11, but i dun think it is possible for fergie to leave out ronaldo again. so maybe ronaldo in for park

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.