Manchester United Talk banner

MOTM - Villareal

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

United kick off their Champions League season at home to Villareal.

Former United player, Diego Forlan will probably feature whilst United's Summer
signing Dimitar Berbatov is looking set for his first Champions League appearance
in a United shirt.

Cristiano Ronaldo is reportadly fully fit and could play a part in the game.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
2-0 United for me, hopefully with ronaldo gettin on the field towards the end, can't see him starting the match tho,
berbatov should be in full flow by then tho after netting against the scousers on saturday( debut goal would be gr8 2morrow)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I think we will blow them away, they wont live with us!!!
4-0 Berba getting his first goal or goals for utd here.
Who are Villareal??? lol

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I hope Jozy Altidore plays! Seeing an American play a European game in Old Trafford (even for another team) would be special for me.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Team vs Villareal

I'm just wondering whether we should play a normal 4-4-2 or will Fergie decide to stick with the same unproductive midfield and waste Rooney on the right . Furthermore will Ronny be fit to start or even make the bench. Personally I would drop Rooney and stick Nani on the right and Anderson on the left . Discuss!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
--------------Foster(Tomasz)------------

------Brown---Rio---Vidic---Evra-----

Park---Hargreaves---Anderson---Giggs

---------Tevez-----
----------------------Berbatov-------

I honestly think Van Der Sar needs to be dropped. I said previously that he has looked more shaky than usual, but we should keep him. However, hes already cost us 2 goals this season, and looked extremely shaky against Liverpoo. I would prefer Foster, but if he isn't fit enough I would play Tomasz.

Nani has started this season terribly, and he shouldn't be ahead of Park in the pecking order, and I believe we should always play 4-4-2 at home.

I would play Carrick in CM, but there's a massive chance hes going to be injured, so its got to be Hargreaves instead.

As for Rooney, he plays best up front behind the front man, and thats the only place he should play, and Tevez is our most important player atm so its Tevez over Rooney.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Van Der Sar

Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Nani Hargreaves Anderson Giggs

Rooney Tevez

Ronaldo and Berbatov on the bench, with both starting Sunday.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
--------------Foster(Tomasz)------------

------Brown---Rio---Vidic---Evra-----

Park---Hargreaves---Anderson---Giggs

---------Tevez-----
----------------------Berbatov-------

I honestly think Van Der Sar needs to be dropped. I said previously that he has looked more shaky than usual, but we should keep him. However, hes already cost us 2 goals this season, and looked extremely shaky against Liverpoo. I would prefer Foster, but if he isn't fit enough I would play Tomasz.

Nani has started this season terribly, and he shouldn't be ahead of Park in the pecking order, and I believe we should always play 4-4-2 at home.

I would play Carrick in CM, but there's a massive chance hes going to be injured, so its got to be Hargreaves instead.

As for Rooney, he plays best up front behind the front man, and thats the only place he should play, and Tevez is our most important player atm so its Tevez over Rooney.

Hopefully we play better than we did against Liverpoo, but I seriously wouldn't mind a 1-0 victory.
I'll go for 2-1 United.

·
Registered
601 Posts
---------------VDS--------------

hargreaves ----- RIO----- Vidic ----- Evra

Ronaldo--------Carrick------Scholes ------- Nani

----------------Tevez -------------------------------

------------------- Berbatov-------------------

I would leave ronney and let him back to his normal position when he hits his form again

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
trikam patel said:

hargreaves ----- RIO----- Vidic ----- Evra

Ronaldo--------Carrick------Scholes ------- Nani

I would leave ronney and let him back to his normal position when he hits his form again
Scholes is suspended.

Carrick may be injured.

Where's Wes?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
----------Van Der Sar

Wes-----Rio------Vida----Evra

Nani----Hargro--Ando----Giggs

--------Rooney---Berba------

·
Registered
601 Posts
i dont know stephen about wes, i like to see what hargro can do as a right back. I think hargro has a lot of stamina to get up and get crosses in and get back to defend, i dont kniw about his defensive qualities. He used to play there for bayern, i just like to see hargro play there.

wes ----- RIO----- Vidic ----- Evra

Ronaldo--------hargreaves ------Scholes ------- Nani

1 - 20 of 268 Posts