Manchester United Talk banner

MOTM - Villareal

41 - 60 of 268 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i have no idea why but i reckon berbatov will get a hat trick ala wazza in his cl debut for us --- nowt to do with this but ive just watched a rerun of utd liverpool april 1965 a nice 3-0 win with 2 goals from number 7 connely wierd looking at old trafford surrounded by a two foot high white picket fence !!

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
VDS
Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Park Hargo Ando

Tevez Rooney

Berba

This is what i want to see Park deserves a chance to show what he is capable after Nani recent poor form.
I think we'll win but only by 1 goal!

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Van Der Sar

Wes Rio Vida Evra

Hargo Scholes Fletcher Nani

Rooney Berbatov

2-0 United. Berbatov to get both the goals :cool:

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
yangch0000 said:
now a chance to finally kick start our season.

vds
neville brown ferdinand evra
park scholes fletcher nani
rooney berbatov
Scholes is suspended, for the 5th time

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
NoxiousD said:
Scholes is suspended, for the 5th time
haha, it shows that i did not read through all the previous post:p

then i think anderson shld replace scholes in midfield. i just edge towards fletcher instead of hargreaves because of his recent form.(fletcher basher, please hold you tongue, or finger;) )

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Central midfield is certainly a concern for this one with Scholes suspended and Carrick almost certainly out with an ankle injury. I think Anderson will start and I just hope Hargreaves' knee is ok.

Gary Neville may start this one because he needs game time before Chelsea at the weekend as he seems to be the most likely replacement for Vidic, with Brown moving into the centre.

It'll be interesting to see who starts up front for United. Surely Fergie will pick 2 from the 3 for this one.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
at some point ronaldo has to be involved in this regardless of how it's going if nothing more than to get a bit of sharpness for chelsea, cos he needs to be ready to come off the bench on sunday if needed...considering the time he's been out injured n we need him to get a bit of sharpness back n then rest up for sunday would you start him( n give him 50-60 mins)or bring him off the bench

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
------------------VDS---------------------------------
Neville(Rafael)-Rio----Brown---------------Evra-
Park-------Anderson--Hargreaves--------Nani-
----------Rooney-------Tevez(Berba)

I think Fergie will not Involve Ronny again :rolleyes:

·
23,699 Posts
Trio out of United clash

Setanta

Former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi will not able to face his old club at Old Trafford on Wednesday due to injury, and neither Nihat nor Jozy Altidore will play.

Villarreal head coach Manuel Pellegrini has selected 20 players for the Champions League clash at United, but will not be able to count on his prolific attacker Rossi.

The Italy Under-21 international picked up a muscle injury, while his fellow striker Nihat is back in training but has not been judged match-fit by his Chilean boss.

United States star Altidore has been omitted from the squad for technical reasons.

The Yellow Submarines won their first league game of the season on Sunday thanks to European champion Santiago Cazorla who netted the only goal of the game against Deportivo La Coruna.

·
23,699 Posts
scottsati said:
at some point ronaldo has to be involved in this regardless of how it's going if nothing more than to get a bit of sharpness for chelsea, cos he needs to be ready to come off the bench on sunday if needed...considering the time he's been out injured n we need him to get a bit of sharpness back n then rest up for sunday would you start him( n give him 50-60 mins)or bring him off the bench
Prophet Scottsati?! :eek: :D

bleacher report

Manchester United's Ronaldo Expected To Be Back For Villarreal

An irritating summer-long transfer controversy and a hurried surgery later, Manchester United supporters will finally get the sight they've been wanting to see - Cristiano Ronaldo in a Manchester United shirt.

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Ronaldo is available for United's midweek clash at Old Trafford.

"We mentioned a couple of weeks ago that his recovery was coming through and now he's been training with the team so he'll play a part against Villarreal because he wants to be on the bench for Chelsea."

The Red Devils will be without Paul Scholes (suspended) and Michael Carrick (injury). Gary Neville is expected to start, subject to passing a match fitness test or Wes Brown could step in and United's star duo, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney are expected to be kept on the bench, with Chelsea in mind.

41 - 60 of 268 Posts