Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match vs Aalborg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Fergie will be more conservative and may drop players for this encounter. I would prefer he start with a strong attacking 4-4-2; get 3 by half time, if possible, then ring the changes. I take nothing away from the home team, they got where they are by playing football. In European competition underestimation of opponents can cause real time grief. (I bet Arsenal never underestimate Hull again!!! hahaha!). I can see Rafael starting, and Evans possibly, with Berbatov and Tevez up front. I hope its the same team that finished at Bolton but I doubt it.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Danish Champions, Bruce Rioch in charge. United must take this game seriously. Biggest game in Aarlborg's history to date. Drew At Celtic last game. Not playing all that well this season, 7 pts out of 8 games.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Tevez, as soon as he came on, moved the whole game up a gear. Impressive. Nothing wrong with his "goal" either but can see that referee thought it had gone in off the upper arm when in fact I think it was the back.

Rafael, gaining in experience daily, not short of confidence at all and has the skill to take on any Premiership player and do well. Tackle he got booked for was completely needless and "Scholes" like. He will learn but what an impression he had made already, hope his brother does as well.

Scholes. This lad has no luck at all. Just coming back into some major form and this happens.

Great to see Rooney on the scoresheet again. He put himself about and worked hard throughout until subbed. took his goal with the usual Rooney accuracy.

Van der Sar, looked more confident tonight than in recent games, maybe it was just a blip. He did what we come to expect - keep a clean shhet. You cannot ask for more.

Evra. Another superb performance. Getting better every day. Wonders how long it will be before Real come knocking on his door.

Rio/Vidic partnership. What can we say about these two that has not already been said. Vidic brave and fearless, Rio classy and thoughful.

Ronaldo. Still not 100%, will take another month to be back at 100%. Maybe we expect too much from a player who was closed guarded in this game.

O'Shea. Between him and Fletcher over who the fans seem to dislike the most but always dependable, always gives 100% and played solidly enough tonight, never let his concentration waver.

Nani. not one of his more "memorable" games. Needs to become more of a team player.

Berbatov. didn't see all that much of him off ball to be honest. I was watching in a pub playing league darts. But his reaction for his second goal was excellent, instant decision less than a half second to think about it, deflected fross from Ronaldo, turn, twist, bang!! 3-0! Class predator goals against a resolute defence.

Talk above of Aarlborg being a "minor team" was unjust in my opinion; they are champions in their own country and were fully deserving to grace the same field as our own heroes. Where they lacked in skill they made up for in determination. If that had been a United performance against a "major" team, we would have been praising our players today. Aarlborg need not feel too disappointed in their defeat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.