Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match vs Aalborg

181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
haggler said:
what a great thru ball to ronnie there -- talk about a game of two halves - woeful first half superb last 30 minutes . lets not forget how bad that he was in first half . fergie needs to show him rerun of game . some positives tonight rafaels attacking play , berbas second half , wayne while he was on and rio all night ---- ferdinand mom for me
Just think about this :
You want from him to be like Ruud. He have never been a player like him. He is a lot faster and as you can see he has killer passes. How many times you have seen Ruud to touch the ball more than 5 times and to score 1-2 of them. You want this from berbatov , so don't say about first half. There are no players in the world who can stay inside the penalty box and to play always with the ball. Have in mind that for 4 games they gave to him just one good high ball and he made nice header. Imagine what will happen when Scholes and Gigs start giving him good high balls.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
zoran_zlatanov said:
2 goals = 30 000 paunds

After some calculation:
30 000 000 paunds = 2000 goals :)

Maybe he will score about 1900 but i am not sure he can score 2000 :)
He is not good enough. It is time to sell him :)
Nice one lol 2000 goals where?

Who is dreaming lol !!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
Nice one lol 2000 goals where?

Who is dreaming lol !!!
I just made some calculations after CROoney's post.
For me 20-25 goals is possible for him on this stage. It depends on how Sir Alex decide to use him. If they start giving him more balls (like Ronaldo for the third goal) he will score more than 25. But I am not sure if Ronaldo will be very happy to see someone scoring more than him. So I expect to see Ronaldo's selfish .....

G

·
Tevez is 10 times the player Rooney is right now. The game changed completely when he came on.

The result was to be expected, good to see Berbatov gain some confidence and play to his abilities. His touch and vision are unmatched. Rafael was fantastic but I'd like to see his defensive abilities against a good team before I put too much weight into this effort.

O'Shea was worse than usual tonight. As was Brown when he came on.

Really too bad to see Scholes go down, it doesn't look good for him. That's a big hole in our midfield with both him and Carrick out, because we know Ferguson doesn't have confidence in Anderson and Hargreaves to play them in every match, even though they're our best pairing IMO.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Tevez is 10 times the player Rooney is right now. The game changed completely when he came on.

The result was to be expected, good to see Berbatov gain some confidence and play to his abilities. His touch and vision are unmatched. Rafael was fantastic but I'd like to see his defensive abilities against a good team before I put too much weight into this effort.

O'Shea was worse than usual tonight. As was Brown when he came on.

Really too bad to see Scholes go down, it doesn't look good for him. That's a big hole in our midfield with both him and Carrick out, because we know Ferguson doesn't have confidence in Anderson and Hargreaves to play them in every match, even though they're our best pairing IMO.

Oshea played a couple of decent long balls ,unusual for him.I wouldn;t say he was worse than normal,but i was far to involved in cheering for Berba for 90 mins to waste my eyes on Johnny boy.In your slating of the players you have failed to spot the worst player on the ENTIRE pitch by a long long long long way.............Nani... aka gimmie the ball its mine not yours.........

·
Registered
135 Posts
i gotta say that match seemed almost too easy. Berba hardly looked like he was trying. After those goals he made, he seemed to just brush them off. Hopefully we can carry on with this sort of confidence for the Blackburn match.

·
Registered
211 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
agreed, whatever happened to the shoutbox?

Nani's getting crucified, and rightly so.

Fergie really needs to sort him out, a player with the ability Nani has cannot be wasted, he needs his head sorting out.
It was costing to much I heard. Also Wes was sort of dissapoiting and so was O'Shea but he got in the odd good ball into the attackers.

G

·
Rooneys_Temper said:
In your slating of the players you have failed to spot the worst player on the ENTIRE pitch by a long long long long way.............Nani... aka gimmie the ball its mine not yours.........
I don't "slate" players, never have done. Just called things as i saw them.

Ignored Nani for the simple reason....everybody has already said
just how bad he was tonight, didn't see the need to keep repeating
everybodys words.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
I don't "slate" players, never have done. Just called things as i saw them.

Ignored Nani for the simple reason....everybody has already said
just how bad he was tonight, didn't see the need to keep repeating
everybodys words.
Fair doo's but i dont care how many people have said what,if i see something poor/good i mention.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Lets be honest here...This wasnt a very good performance, despite the scoreline.
We were playing a step up from a pub team who have just 8 points from 7 games
in their league and are possibly THE worst team to play in the CL.
We still did enough and it should have been by more if we had been more clinical.

Positives:
- 3 points, clean sheet, few goals.
-Great to see Berbatov on the scoresheet with 2 fine goals. His 2nd half performance was why we bought him. Sensational.
-Rafael-This kid looks like the real deal. Fantastic going forward. Could even be a winger lol.
-Rooney starting to get his shooting boots on.
-Defence was solid not that it was massively tested.
-Tevez looking hungry as usual when he came on. Great to be able to spring him on a tired team.

Negatives:
-Bad injury to Scholes :( If he is out for a long time it could cost us dear, especially
with Hargo and Carrick out.
-Also injuries to Rafael and Rooney left a sour note in the mouth.
The 3 injuries meant we couldnt unleash the Anderson late on.
-Nani-Worst performance I can rememeber in a United shirt.

All in all, it was a good night despite the injuries but there will be A LOT tougher
teams to face down the road. I just hope the injuries arent too bad.
This game could end up costing us.

Ratings:
VDS: 6 - Quiet night. Looked a bit ropey on the ball he should have caught instead of punch.

Rafael: 9 - Fantastic game till he went off injured. Got forward supremely. What a player
Rio: 8 - Usual soli self. Made a great last ditch tackle and is still getting forward looking for a goal.
Vidic: 7 - Assured in what he did. Took his usual kick to the head lol
Evra: 7 - A bit quieter going forward than usual, but Nani wasnt really helping him out. Solid defensively.

Ronaldo: 7 - Has seen better days but he made space well, but still looks a bit rusty. He will come good. Probably should have scored.
Scholes: No score - Looked to be running the show till he got injured early doors. Lets hope he is ok.
O'Shea: 7 - Looked solid enough and made 2 sweet passes early on. Couple of mistakes in second half though.
Nani: 3 - and thats being generous. Worst performance Ive seen in a United shirt.

Berbatov: 8 - Poor first half but came to life in the second. 2 great goals, some sublime passes. Berbagod has arrived.
Rooney: 8 - Took his goal well and linked up well with his team mates. Hope his injury isnt too bad.

Subs:
Giggs: 7 - Great assist. Saw some of the old Giggsy tonight. Did well.
Tevez: 7 - Made an immediate impact. Bundle of energy.
Brown: 6 - Came on for the injured Rafael. Nothing really to add.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Rafael was superb. He, like Evans BTW, showed no nerves of the big stage when given a chance. A few weaknesses, but fergie will iron them out. He's a top player and could be the next bug thing.

And he's got a sweet shot on him too! He's the dream rb for me...wonder how fabio will feel!

Interesting to see if fergie plays him in Saturday now in a very important game for us..

Btw...I'd give giggsy an 8 jazz....he seems much more composed in the center to me...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Overall i was disappointed with our performance tonight. We're just not clicking
for 90mins yet but i feel its coming. Really disappointed to see Scholes go off
although its obvousily not as big an injury blow as it would of been 4 years ago.
Carrick is due back soon and i don't think Hargo's injury will keep him out as its
only a flare up (fingers crossed) so we should be well covered.

I'd be more worried about Rooney. The last thing he needs is to pick up an injury
just when he's starting to find his shooting boots. Ronaldo seemed extra petulant
tonight to me as well. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come! He played well
though.

Berbatov is off the mark now and think thats a massive wieght off his shoulders
and hopefully there's some floodgates after been opened! Rafael looks like he
could be the real deal as well. Needs to bulk up a good bit and improve his
defending but that is always something that comes with age with full backs. He
can't get a better role model than Gazza.

Van Der Sar is a liability.

He has already cost us this season and will again. Our defence has no confidence
in him and his is at an all time low. Bread and butter catches are becoming shaky!!

Ratings:
Van Der Sar- 5
A weak punch when it should of been an easy catch. Could of lead to a goal if it
was a Aalborg player on the edge of the box.

Rafael- 8
Looks like a future star. Bombed up the wing in attach and managed to get two
good shots on target. Caught out a few times in defence but nothing that can't
be improved. Great pace.

Vidic- 7
As reliable as ever. Not much up front for them but dealt accordingly.

Rio- 8
Had a great game. Started the move for the goal with a good run and made a
great blocking tackle at a vital stage.

Evra- 7
Never in any trouble and got up with the attack when needed. Our most reliable
player?

Ronaldo- 6
Probably harsh and played better than a 6 but his attitude was worse than i ever
saw it tonight. A free kick from 40yards?? Come on. And when he got caught out
not tracking the full back he gives out to somebody else. More gestures and arm
waving throughout as well. Lets just say it was a once off for been that petulant?

O'Shea- 6
Started very well and linked play well as well as getting in some really good long
passes. Then got sloppy and gave some very bad passes.

Scholes- 7
For his short time on the pitch he was bossing the game. Lets hope the injury is
not that serious.

Nani- 2
I nearly threw my TV out the window looking at him. Ran down dead ends,
ALWAYS took the wrong option and he can't cross his legs!! Was a big fan but
now have serious reservations.

Rooney- 7
on the score sheet again and looked to be getting there. Most of been driven
mad with Nani's supply or lack of! Felt if he got another chance he would of taken
it.

Berba- 9
Two goals, the touch of an angel and can pass a little too. Needed this game to
get the pressure off and hopefully will build from here.

Giggs- 8
Best i've seen him in a long time. Kept the ball. Great ball for Rooneys goal and
got out of tight situations with skill of old. Great to see.

Tevez- 7
Hungry and full of running like always. Should of really had a goal but for a
strange decision by the ref. Some player to have on the bench.

Brown- 5
I think his confidence of last season was evaporated in Anfield. Looked nervous
and not the rock he was last year.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Wow... i picked Rafael and thought I was going to have to defend my selection, but am pleasantly surprised to see that he got 66% of the votes.

He was the highlight of the match for me and everytime he got the ball he did something good or nifty with it. Just has to learn not to dive in to challenges.

My Ratings:

VDS - 6 - And that's probably being generous, but his performance was better than in previous games. No calamity axcrpt for punching the ball late on in the game when he should have caught it. There was also one pass to a defender, which put the defender under pressure, because there was an Aalborg player who closed him down quickly and almost nicked the ball. Silly really.

Rafael - 8.5 Don't think it was a 9/10 performance, but it was great to see an 18year old play with so much confidence. More confidence than Berbatov really.
Great touch and never lost the ball to an opponent. He's got great feet and used his ball control to get past player.
Worked the goal keeper on a few occasions too. Just needs to stop diving into tackles.

Vidic - 7 Solid at the back

Ferdinand 8
- Made a few important blocks and clearance. Was constantly marshalling the defence and behaved like a general on the pitch. I like.

Evra - 7 Good solid performance. Provided an outlet on the left when attacking which Nani rarely used, but that's not Evra's fault. Reliable as ever.

Ronaldo - 7.5 Covered a lot of groud and closed down defenders as well as the GK. Should have floated in his free kick from 40 yards out instead of attempting to score. Also missed a 1 to 1 opportunity against the keeper when put through by Berbatov. Had he scored, it would have been one for the YouTube highlight reels. What a waste. He could have poked it through after taking it past the keeper the first time, but decided to take it to the right again. Why? Because it would have looked cooler when he watched the replay later. :rolleyes:

Provided the cross for Berba's 2nd goal.

O'Shea - 6
Surprisingly assured performance from O'Shea in midfield. Did't do anything eye-catching, but didn't muck it up either.

Scholes - 7 Was solid till he came off.

Nani - 4 One of the most pathetic performances I have ever seen by any player. I am struggling to think of worse performance in a United shirt, though I probably have seen them.
His team mates simply stopped passing the ball to him at one point.

Berbatov - 8 Shocking miss on the 5 minute mark. He then looked like he was bothered for about 4 minutes befor moving down to "languid" mode again.
Finally got his first goal thanks to a defensive howler and too his second goal well with a scissor kick. I thought it was weird that he did';t really celebrate though. Maybe becuase it was against a lowly team.

His touches were brilliant. on about 60 minutes he received the ball with his back to goal in the middle of the park and simply rolled it on to (i thiknk Roonaldo) without looking, prompting a mmber to call the pass - sexual. :D

Some superb passes, especially one with the outside of his foot, which ROnaldo should have buried. It would have been a great goal.

Rooney - 8
Scored the first goal with a great finish. Later missed another good chance, but it would have been offside anyway. Was energetic like Ronaldo and was a constant bother for Aalbog.

Subs:
Tevez was energetic as usual and had a goal disallowed.
Giggs did well to provide Rooney's goal
Brown was reliable but made a few shaky passes

181 - 200 of 207 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.