Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Are We kidding ourselves?

Ok we won tonight and it was 1-0 AGAIN but in all fairness Im beginning to wonder when we are actually going to start playing well.
Dont get me wrong, winning games and keeping clean sheets is the name of the game but one could say we were lucky again tonight.
We started playing better after the first goal. You could se the confidence coming back in to the players.
But the first 70 minutes were not good.
- The play was very laboured, much too slow.
- All the players wanted the ball to feet. None willing to run in behind.
- There were hardly any driving runs at their defence.
- The passing was sloppy.
- We gave away silly free kicks, though the ref was suspect.
- We barely even tested their keeper.
- There was no cohesion or understanding between the front players.
- Roma had 5/6 good chances but didnt take their chances
- Very unconvincing display with some poor performances
- Roma should of had a penalty.

Rio was definite Man of the Match-great game
Thank God for Rooneys bit of magic for the goal.
Im happy we won again but am I the only one thats slightly concerned?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
i wouldnt say im worried......but i am finding it rather frustrating, because at 1-0 the game is never safe!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
we was lucky tonight, although it was great to get another win and clean sheet. we are going to have to start playing better soon. our passing was shite tonight. and to be honest better finishing from roma and we would of lost

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Red Devil said:
I would like to ask this poster a question, call it cynicism or whatever, but:

Are you here only to promote your site?
This refers to a post I merged by the way,
I've just posted a prediction poll for the Manchester U. vs Roma game, check it out:

http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/259...united-vs-roma
From some first poster called jeffb83

I am always suspicious of first time posters who immediately try and steer you off to different sites.

AC9: I am in agreement with you; we were very fortunate. Was watching it from a pub where we were playing a darts league game, Roma (in particulrar Totti and Mancini) came close on a few occasions. And there was a shot, near the end, which had goal all over it and somehow it made a swerve outside the far post and out. Could that have been the ghost of former 'keepers keeping it out?

·
Registered
249 Posts
They need to concentrate more on the ball, too many wrong passes lot of spaces behind the midfielders this must be changed in the upcomming matches. our 1-0 wining will stop for sure at any time If we play like this more.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson:
"I'm pleased with the result, it's a fair result, we controlled most of the match, carried a little bit of luck towards the end.
"The second half we improved and the goal was a fabulous goal.

"Luck happens in football, no question about that. I think we got a break in the last 15 minutes of the match when they started to risk a bit."

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I think if you look at it, the goal was a mishit shot by Wayne. He looks as though he was going to shoot for the right hand side, and it went in left, I think that threw the keeper!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
How in earth were we lucky? They missed sitters! Thats not a lack of luck, thats a lack of skill. We out played them for 70-80 minutes. EVERYONE in the team had a good game, even Anderson! Possibly Carrick and Scholes slightly underperforming, but only 9/10 of there normal selves. Nani or Rio for MOTM.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Look at it in perspective. Roma are riding high in Series A, and playing well. Give some credit to our defence too you know. The Roma players had the shots, they didn't go in - end of. Why they didn't go in is of no consequence.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.