Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well this is the ideal opportunity to get the confidence flowing again. The result itself isnt that important as we are already through. Also a good opportunity for some youngsters to get valuable European experience and for others to get more time on the pitch improving their fitness and sharpness.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Well this is the ideal opportunity to get the confidence flowing again. The result itself isnt that important as we are already through. Also a good opportunity for some youngsters to get valuable European experience and for others to get more time on the pitch improving their fitness and sharpness.

I'll say....

·
Registered
291 Posts
danger game! We have to win this coz we desperately want top spot! and we dont want to rely on the roma game for many reasons: Rooney wont be 100%. We have to travel to anfield a few days later and roma is a hard place to win and roma will want to win to get top spot, to avoid the likes of real madrid, barcelona, chelsea, arsenal, ac milan etc....

·
Banned
76 Posts
Nirk said:
danger game! We have to win this coz we desperately want top spot! and we dont want to rely on the roma game for many reasons: Rooney wont be 100%. We have to travel to anfield a few days later and roma is a hard place to win and roma will want to win to get top spot, to avoid the likes of real madrid, barcelona, chelsea, arsenal, ac milan etc....
why worry for this ? play big teams now or in the future who cares ? at one point you face them so why not right now !

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Double injury boost for United

Cristiano Ronaldo and Nemanja Vidic are both fit to face Sporting Lisbon on Tuesday night in United's penultimate Champions League Group F match.

The pair were key absentees in the 1-0 defeat to Bolton Wanderers at the weekend, but both trained with the rest of the squad at Carrington on Monday and Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed they are in contention for a starting berth against the Portuguese side.

"Vidic and Ronaldo are both fit," he said at his pre-match press conference. "They'll be in the squad for Tuesday night."

Sir Alex hinted that Portuguese stars Ronaldo and Nani should both start, while Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea and Tomasz Kuszczak are also likely to make the first eleven. But the Reds manager insisted he won't be making too many changes.

"The incentives to win are huge for us," said Sir Alex. "If we win we've won the group and we'll be seeded for the knockout stage. That's important. We've also got an important game against Liverpool straight after the Roma game.

"Beating Sporting would allow us to [rest players] against Roma. But, our next two results matter to Sporting and Roma, so we have to be fair to both teams and we will be determined to win on Tuesday."

I reckon the team could be...

TK
O'Shea Brown Pique Evra
Ronaldo Fletcher Carrick Nani
Tevez Saha

carlyluvsunited said:
Who or what is 'PIG' ?
It's Tomasz Kuszczak

He's Polish - the Pole In Goal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ronaldo and Nani are both expected to start tomorrow night. I think we should give Kuszczak a game between the sticks as well. We should play Saha and Tevez up front, their partnership needs to grow in the absence of Wazza. Pique and Simpson may play a part as well.

3-0 to United.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Manchester United have confirmed Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani will both start against Sporting Libson in the Champions League on Tuesday.

Sir Alex Ferguson took the unusual step of naming five members of his starting XI a day early, confirming both Portugal internationals will face their former club, along with long-serving pair John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher, plus reserve goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

Nemanja Vidic has recovered from a minor back ailment and may replace Gerard Pique at Old Trafford as United look to preserve their 100% record and ensure they end the Group F campaign in top spot.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, Simpson, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Nani, Giggs, Saha, Tevez.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Who or what is 'PIG' ?

Pigs, also called hogs or swine, are ungulates.

Native to Eurasia, they are collectively grouped under the genus Sus within the Suidae family. Despite pigs' reputation for gluttony, and another reputation for dirtiness, a lesser known quality is their intelligence. The nearest living relatives of the swine family are the peccaries.

In this context....our reserve keeper Thomas Kuszczak is often referred to as 'PIG'..

I hope this post was of service to you carrly......:)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Vds
Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Hargo Anderson Nani
Tevez Saha

Bench:
Kuz
Fletch
Carrick
Giggs
Pique
Simpson
Eagles

I think we will thrash them tonight about 4 or 5 nil! Well i hope so :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nirk said:
When I first read this I thought you were overeacting but at second glance you make a very valid point Nirk..... Top spot is important and we can achieve it tonight hopefully.
We have a huge game against Liverpool 4 days after the Roma game......
If we have already won the group then we can pretty much rest our ENTIRE team if Fergie wants to. Where as Liverpool will be in France desperately trying to beat Marseille (assuming they win tonight vs Porto). They will return home tired and hopefully unhappy after having lost. So they could be there for the taking from a fresh United team. Good times indeed and good point Nirk.

·
Banned
76 Posts
tonight is 2-0 i hope so lol. all my money on here is on united. anderson mplays from the first whistle and we are ok. if not then we make same game as saturday and mess it up so listen fergie and read this mr.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.