Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well this is the ideal opportunity to get the confidence flowing again. The result itself isnt that important as we are already through. Also a good opportunity for some youngsters to get valuable European experience and for others to get more time on the pitch improving their fitness and sharpness.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Manchester United have confirmed Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani will both start against Sporting Libson in the Champions League on Tuesday.

Sir Alex Ferguson took the unusual step of naming five members of his starting XI a day early, confirming both Portugal internationals will face their former club, along with long-serving pair John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher, plus reserve goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

Nemanja Vidic has recovered from a minor back ailment and may replace Gerard Pique at Old Trafford as United look to preserve their 100% record and ensure they end the Group F campaign in top spot.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, Simpson, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Nani, Giggs, Saha, Tevez.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nirk said:
danger game! We have to win this coz we desperately want top spot! and we dont want to rely on the roma game for many reasons: Rooney wont be 100%. We have to travel to anfield a few days later and roma is a hard place to win and roma will want to win to get top spot, to avoid the likes of real madrid, barcelona, chelsea, arsenal, ac milan etc....
When I first read this I thought you were overeacting but at second glance you make a very valid point Nirk..... Top spot is important and we can achieve it tonight hopefully.
We have a huge game against Liverpool 4 days after the Roma game......
If we have already won the group then we can pretty much rest our ENTIRE team if Fergie wants to. Where as Liverpool will be in France desperately trying to beat Marseille (assuming they win tonight vs Porto). They will return home tired and hopefully unhappy after having lost. So they could be there for the taking from a fresh United team. Good times indeed and good point Nirk.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
unitedred said:
Thought he was brilliant when he came on yesterday, he's been very good for us so far but I think that performance changed the game for us in the 2nd half and the goal will be massive for him, confidence will keep growing and we'll soon see the world class apache from his Boca Juniors days. I expect him to get on a real run now of goalscoring form and with Fulham and Derby the next 2 games and both at Old Trafford it's very likely.
Agreed Tevez made a huge difference when he came on. Afterwards they slowed the replay down for Tevez' goal and it actually hit the defender and nut megged Tevez lol. Im sure he will claim it anyway.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.