Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well were through so i dont think SAF will play our normal starting eleven, so maybe nani will start oshea, fletcher, pique, simpson maybe to start? Anyway 0-3 Rooney (3) ;)

N

·
0 Posts
aaaaaaaaaapig
simpson pique vidic oshea

Eagles fletcher carrick Nani

aaaaaaSaha Rooney

Eagles (1), Saha (2)

final score
3-2 to manutd

·
Registered
414 Posts
----------------Kuz
------Simo--Rio--Pique--O'Shea
Eagles--Fletch--Hargo--Nani
--------Rooney--Saha

VDS, Vidic, Brown, Carrick, Giggs, Tevez, Ronaldo

0-0

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Just as long as we dont get a demoralising hefty defeat and I shall be pleased. This tie is pretty irrelevant and we will need to rest players for the big game at Anfield the following weekend. This should be an ideal opportunity for the youngsters or fringe players to get some vital European experience in an intimidating big stadium which is the Stadio Olympico. Im not sure if Roma themselves will rest players but the priority for us is the Pool game.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Gary Woods

C.Stewart
Moffatt
Chester
Cleverley

A.Bryan
D.Drinkwater
C.Evans
Galbraith

Wellbeck
Brandy

Subs

Devlin(Gk)
Pique
McClair
James
Macheda

Reserves

R.Davis
D.Williams
R.Brown

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
A good Chance for ANDERSON to start scoring. Also for Nani to get a Run out, when was the last time he played? :S
Youngsters such as Simpson, Pique should also Feature :p

·
Registered
736 Posts
Youngsters again Roma

Fergie to give youngsters an opportunity against Roma with Liverpool coming up

With their place at the top of Group F already secure and Roma guaranteed to finish runners-up, the Manchester United boss sees no reason to risk his key men at the Stadio Olimpico, especially with a blockbuster confrontation with Liverpool looming at Anfield next weekend.

Midfielder Owen Hargreaves is virtually certain to be among those excused the flight to Italy after suffering a minor calf problem in the warm-up against Derby.

Ryan Giggs and Edwin van der Sar are almost sure to stay at home as well, with only Hargreaves' late replacement Michael Carrick and central midfield partner Anderson set to retain their starting spots.

China international Dong Fangzhou is among a number of youngsters likely to get a game, with Ferguson keen to take the opportunity to blood some of his fringe men, who have been denied first-team experience by United's unexpected Carling Cup exit at the hands of Coventry.

"It is a golden opportunity for us and we are not going to miss it," said Ferguson.

"Roma have qualified, so they will probably play some younger players and so will we.

"I will take a lot of the first-team squad with me because I need 18 players but it will be an almost completely different team."

This gonna be very2 interesting...Dong on the score sheet....

N

·
0 Posts
nice, i hope dong gets to play and scores 4 goals for us :)

....as long as hes not own goals i'll be happy

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It's a great opportunity for the young lads to show everyone what they can do. I hope they take the game seriously because, after getting knocked out of the Carling Cup, they may not get too many other opportunities to impress the manager.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
reddwarf said:
It's a great opportunity for the young lads to show everyone what they can do. I hope they take the game seriously because, after getting knocked out of the Carling Cup, they may not get too many other opportunities to impress the manager.
They've got the FA Cup for that as well, provided we don't play Premier League clubs everytime like before.

I just hope Roma don't end up fielding a strong squad so they can whoop us 7-1 like we did to them... :eek:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If AS Roma field their first XI against us,they might get a chance to beat us 7-1.

-------------------------Alexandre Doni----------------------------

Cicinho------Philippe Mexes------Juan------Christian Panucci

-----------Alberto Aquilani----------Daniele de Rossi----------

Simeone Perotta----Rodrigo Taddei-----Alessandro Mancini

-------------------------Francesco Totti----------------------------

-------------------------Tomasz Kuszczak-----------------------------

Danny Simpson---Jonny Evans----Gerard Pique---Patrice Evra

Darren Fletcher-------Michael Carrick-------Anderson-------Nani

----------------Dong Fang Zhuo--------Louis Saha------------------

·
Registered
414 Posts
roma are hardly likely to field a stong team either, they'll probably be sending out their own youngsters, should make for an interesting match, maybe scrappy.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CarlitoTevez said:
Youngsters such as Simpson, Pique should also Feature :p
Agreed 100%, now we might lose brown it will be good to see how good simpson can be! :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.