Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headin to this myself with my brother. cant wait. OT should still be buzzing after Macheda's heroics.

-----------------------VDS--------------------------

O'Shea---------Vidic---------------Rio---------Evra---

Ronaldo-------Carrick--------------Scholes------Park---

--------------Rooney----------Tevez-----------------

Evans if Rio is still injured.
Macheda on the bench :cool:

·
Banned
1,115 Posts

--------------Rooney----------Macheda-----------------

i think Macheda should start if Berbatov isnt available. the reasons are obvious.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts

--------------Rooney----------Macheda-----------------

i think Macheda should start if Berbatov isnt available. the reasons are obvious.
probably tevez will start instead of macheda. NO doubt he will come on as a substitute though.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
VDS
JOS
Vida
Rio/Evans
Evra
Ronaldo
Carrick
Fletch
Park
Rooney
Macheda

I honestly think Macheda could start. Berba is injured. Tevez played today and also just came back from playing at high altitude in Bolivia and a game on Tuesday is too soon for him to be playing IMO.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
probably tevez will start instead of macheda. NO doubt he will come on as a substitute though.
yea probably that will happen.
but i would love to see him starting the game. why wait 60 mins for tevez to do nothing and then bring macheda ?
his confidence is sky high, he is full of energy, he has guts and he will make a huge impact. let's hope so

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lets not get ahead of ourselves with macheda. The only reason he would start is if Tevez is too tired to play. He has played a lot and done a lot of travelling. Macheda deserves a spot on the bench at the least, but I doubt he will start.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Lets not get ahead of ourselves with macheda. The only reason he would start is if Tevez is too tired to play. He has played a lot and done a lot of travelling. Macheda deserves a spot on the bench at the least, but I doubt he will start.
i get a feeling he wont even make the bench as Fergie will try keep his feet on the ground! he deserves his chance to be at least on the bench IMO

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
As much as we'd all Love to see Kiko start against Porto..!
I don't think it's gonna happen, but he has to have a place on the bench!

I'm really hoping we put in a good performance against Porto..
We didn't play that well today and you could tell the players were nervous..
Now that the pressure is off, the team should play with confidence again and beat Porto and maybe even put the tie beyond them in the 1st leg..!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
why do i get the feeling Macheda wont even be on the bench?:(
I think you're right here.

My line up would be:

Ronaldo-------Carrick--------------Giggs------Park---

Prediction:
2-0 to United
Ronaldo & Tevez.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
i get a feeling he wont even make the bench as Fergie will try keep his feet on the ground! he deserves his chance to be at least on the bench IMO
Same here mate. Fergie did say in his interview about Kiko having to keep his feet on the ground. I won't be surprised if Macheda doesn't make the bench.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you're right here.

My line up would be:

Ronaldo-------Carrick--------------Giggs------Park---

Prediction:
2-0 to United
Ronaldo & Tevez.
Giggs wont play 2 gams in 3 days. Scholes is fresh and ready to go. he will definitely start.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
^^
but why not giving him some credit and play him?
if he plays poorly then he will have his feet brought on the ground better than keeping him out. if he plays good....well you know what happens.
this is the perfect moment to play with Macheda, as long as Berba is injured and the alternative is Tevez.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Same here mate. Fergie did say in his interview about Kiko having to keep his feet on the ground. I won't be surprised if Macheda doesn't make the bench.
ya i can see it happening didn't Danny not get on the bench for a while after his debut goal against Stoke?i just have a feeling it will be Roo and Tevez on the bench and Danny and Giggs used as striker options if things aren't going to plan!TBF to Macheda the deserves his place on the bench IMO as it wasnt just his goal but his all round play was good too!

cant wait for this game though will go for a 2-0 to us :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
After how tevez looked today tired and obviously drained from the travelling i can't see him starting so i think it will be rooney and dare i say it macheda or welbeck up top.

- - - - - - - VDS - - - - - - - -
OShea - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Ron - Carrick - Scholes - Park
- - - - - - - Rooney - - - - - -
- - - Macheda/Welbeck - - - -
Due too injuries and tired players i.e berbatov (injured) tevez (looked knackered out there today i can't see him starting in two days time) although fletcher deserves to play after todays performance i can't see him being in the starting 11.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I knew people would do this ... "Oh Macheda to start" :rolleyes: A spot on the bench maybe but shouldn't be playing when we have alot of players back from suspension. Everyone did this with Welbeck when he scored against Stoke.

I'd go for ...

VDS

O'Shea Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Park

Rooney Tevez

I would be shocked if that wasn't the team ^^ Only change I can think would maybe be Evanmd for Rio if he's still injured.

Should be a quality game we need something here being at home in the 1st leg, as I wouldn't be at all confident going over there with a 0-0. If they get an away goal also it will be a major knock. But I think we'll take it 2-0.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Hope we beat them by a comfortable margin so we can rest few players for the second league

VDS

Sheasy Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Fletch Park

Rooney Tevez

1 - 20 of 293 Posts