Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
I am an Egyptian and will be coming to Manchester to cheer the red devils against Roma. I want assistance regarding going to the stadium. How early should I arrive to sit in a good place, are the tickets with the seat numbers or is it free seating. How far is the stadium from Piccadilly station, Is it advisable to go to London after the match or wait till next day?
I shall appreciate your help.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Seats are numbered, you have 1 ticket, 1 seat. Not interchangeable. You do not have to be there early, but get there in good time. Returning to London depends on trains, I do not know Manchester - London times but imagine that they run all night. Picadilly to ground, ask the fans there - many will be going. You will no doubt get that answered here shortly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey nice to hear ppl from all over the world coming in manchester!!
first of all piccadilly square is about 20minutes by bus. you'll take bus No250 you'll stop in front of old trafford's north stand! if you want to get there faster you'll take metrolink from piccadilly square too, i dont remember the number but it is altringham's metro. it's will take you there in 5 minutes but you'll need 5 more minutes walking. ask the ppl there if you have any troubles for directions.

you must be in the stadium at least 15-20 minutes before the kick-off. after entering the stadium you can watch MUTV pre game show in LCD tv's or have a pint or just take your seat. the tickets are numbered as RD said so if someone is seated in your seat you can just report it to the security staff (i hate these guys!!!).

as far as your stay i suggest you to stay in manchester. london is a 6-hour trip by train and i dont know if there are any schedules for midnight times. some good hotels and cheap in manchester are ibis hotel, britannia and gardens. all of them are on the piccadilly square and very cheap. i paid ~150pounds/night for a 3-bed room in gardens hotel. i stayed with other 2 friends so i paid ~50pounds/night.
in all terms you will have to stay in manchester!

for the night you'll go to the printworks clubs! smoking is forbidden in any place except the roads so if you smoke i suggest you to buy warm very warm clothes and prepare to smoke under the "moon light" :D

these are my advices. if you need anything else just write down or send me a pm.

oh i forgot to say that as long as you are going for the first time in old trafford take the museum and ground tour. i suggest you to get to the stadium 2 hours before and have a walk around the stadium. there will be plenty of things to buy :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the comprehensive reply. I really appreciate that. Congratulations on winning L1 against Roma. We want to see another 7 in L2.
Do you think there will be a chance to get 2 tickets on the matchday? Do people sell tickets in the black market? what are my chances? Is there a possibility to sneak in my son with me or not?
Please reply to my email [email protected] as I will not have access to the forum starting tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Should be an ok game hopefully some of the younger lads will get a run-out (Pique, Foster maybe even Welbeck?) but then again Roma are a top side so we cant be too laid back especially with Vida and probably Rio out :(

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I cant see us having any trouble ill suspect he rests at least one of rooney/ronaldo but will play the other i will guess 1-0 to us in a pretty boring match but Anderson to score :D !

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Im not sure he will rest anyone though i would like to see teves start a few european matchs maybe rest scholes for arsenal if anyone

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most Likely Team:

Vds

Brown O'shea Pique Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Anderson Nani

Rooney Tevez

Once The Game Reaches The 60 Minute Mark I Assume Tha Saf Will Bring Of A Couple Of The Key Players And Give Them A Rest For Arsenal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HUW_92 said:
Most Likely Team:

Vds

Brown O'shea Pique Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Anderson Nani

Rooney Tevez

Once The Game Reaches The 60 Minute Mark I Assume Tha Saf Will Bring Of A Couple Of The Key Players And Give Them A Rest For Arsenal.
yep i would play the rooneys and ronaldos 2 start just 2 make sure then if we r winnin half time or get 2 the 60th minute stil level give em a rest 4 arsenal

·
Registered
854 Posts
i guarantee that this will be close. everybody shud know now that united never make anything easy. i think we have too much to lose by 2 goals at home but with both cbs out u just never know.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
BRILLIANT NEWS!!!

From manutd.com...

United have been boosted by the news that Rio Ferdinand could be fit to face Roma in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final second leg at Old Trafford.

Ferdinand had limped out of Sunday's 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough, but a scan on Monday confirmed he had no suffered a broken foot as was first feared.

Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday that the defender should be fit to face the Italians, although a final decision will be made on Wednesday morning.

"Rio's scan was clear and we hope to have him on Wednesday," revealed the United boss.

Gary Neville and Mikael Silvestre are also in the squad and Sir Alex confirmed one of the duo may even start the game.

That means he'll defintely be fit to face Arsenal :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.