0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Estádio do Dragão
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
19:45

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Moving swiftly on to this game now. If anything it worked out just like we wanted, get the three points against sunderland and give a few players some rest and without having to take any risks really. Ronaldo got abit of a rest too and berbatov/rooney/tevez all should be available for the game.

Will be a tough game i think but still, we can only blame ourselves if we dont win because as good as porto are at home, in terms of allround quality and squad, we our still stronger imo.

VDS

neville rio vidic evra

Ronaldo fletcher giggs Nani/park

Rooney berbatov

^^^Thats the team i think fergie will play though i wouldnt be suprised to see carrick or scholes get into the team ahead of fletcher. Also we'll have the option of anderson and tevez or berbatov off the bench so both on the pitch and on the bench, we'll be strong. Also macheda should be around whos buzzin' off the bench right now.

We cant be complacent however and have to be 100%focused on the job both definsively and offensively and need to create more than we did at OT. Also rooney/ronaldo and co will need to be at their most clinical!!

I know im just stating the obvious but i just hope the players have ir drilled in there heads because we cant afford to get kicked out of the tournament by porto again and it'd be a sick feeling kinda like how we got kicked out by portsmouth in the facup last season.

Im a lil nervous to be honest but i'll always believe we can win no matter who we play and where!

Bring on the game!! :cool:

pz!:cool:

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Van der Sar
Neville Ferdinand* Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Giggs Nani
Berbatov* Rooney

*Evans
*Tevez

Anderson to come on and score against his old club? Fiver says so :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Great win today. This wasn't our best squad. Fergie made some changes to rest some players. I can't wait for this game. We /and all others/ will see our true skills. I am starting to be optimistic after today's game. We just need a good defending and i am sure we can qualify.

BELIEVE:first:

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
-------------VDS----------

JOS----Evans----Vidic----Evra

Ronaldo---Carrick---Anderson---Rooney

-------Berbatov----Macheda

this is what i would like to see. won't happen tho

or this...

----------VDS-------

JOS----Vidic----Evans----Evra

Ronaldo---Rooney---Anderson---Park

-----------Berbatov---Macheda----

but anyway...no Neville. i'd preffer Fletcher tbh.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Rooney and Anderson in central midfield? :confused:
yes what's wrong with that ?
rooney can easly work behind Berba and Macheda. while anderson can work in in front of defence when needed. he is solid and doesent make mistakes.
as long as our usual central midfielders are not in their best form we can improvise.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes what's wrong with that ?
rooney can easly work behind Berba and Macheda. while anderson can work in in front of defence when needed. he is solid and doesent make mistakes.
as long as our usual central miedfielders are out of form we can improvise.
Right, so we'll put Anderson in (who's having a crap season) and Rooney (who isn't even a midfielder) and leave out Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs.

That's the midfield you'd go with or a Champions league away match? :confused:

Stick to FM.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
-----------------Van Der Sar

O'Shea--------Vidic---------Evans---------Evra

Ronaldo-------Fletcher------Giggs----------Park

--------------Berbatov------Rooney

I think we will play like that.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Right, so we'll put Anderson in (who's having a crap season) and Rooney (who isn't even a midfielder) and leave out Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs.

That's the midfield you'd go with or a Champions league away match? :confused:

Stick to FM.
yea this is the midfield i would go for.

rooney is versatile and he is much better than any of our midfielders at the moment. and since we need to score goals i would like to see an attack minded team.
carrick was also crap lately so...? Anderson is solid, ok he hasn't played a lot this season but i think he has a good effort capacity, he is good at holding the ball and has a clear view of the game. he can also tackle or create chances.....anyway fergie knows best, he sees them everyday, its just an opinion so you dont have to act like you know it all.
anderson imo is underrated.

what is FM ???

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea this is the midfield i would go for.

rooney is versatile and he is much better than any of our midfielders at the moment. and since we need to score goals i would like to see an attack minded team.
carrick was also crap lately so...? Anderson is solid, ok he hasn't played a lot this season but i think he has a good effort capacity, he is good at holding the ball and has a clear view of the game. he can also tackle or create chances.....anyway fergie knows best, he sees them everyday, its just an opinion so you dont have to act like you know it all.
anderson imo is underrated.

what is FM ???
Yes Fergie knows best and that's why Rooney and Anderson will never be partnered in central midfield. Ever.

I don't know it all, I just know a stupid formation when I see one.

FM = Football Manager.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Rooney and Anderson in midfield? Funniest thing ever.

Giggs will 100% start.

VDS

O'Shea Vidic Rio(Evans) Evra

Carrick Fletcher Giggs

Ronaldo Rooney

Berbatov (Tevez)

Players in brackets if first choice is injured.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts

Giggs will 100% start.

VDS

Carrick Fletcher Giggs

Ronaldo Rooney

Berbatov (Tevez)

I'd suggest that, while that formation does look good, we will not play a 4-3-3 again against Porto because it didn't work well at all last time.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I'd suggest that, while that formation does look good, we will not play a 4-3-3 again against Porto because it didn't work well at all last time.
It's not 4-3-3.

It's 4-4-2 but Ronaldo more forward winger than Giggs. Can see Giggs and Rooney always rotating. No way can we play Park.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Yes Fergie knows best and that's why Rooney and Anderson will never be partnered in central midfield. Ever.

I don't know it all, I just know a stupid formation when I see one.

FM = Football Manager.
why is it stupid ? because of rooney or anderson ?
remember we need to score goals.

rooney isnt a winger...so fergie played him as a winger today. he did good? he did. i bet if i would have posted today's team before sunderland game you would have said "fergie wont play rooney as a winger. ever"....:rolleyes:
we need a change. we must take a gamble.

i have never played FM, fifa or pes in my life.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Play Rooney and Anderson in midfield and just leave the midfield open eh :rolleyes:

Carrick and/or Fletcher must start, along with Giggs (MUST start). Rooney MUST start up front. Ronaldo will start.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
It's not 4-3-3.

It's 4-4-2 but Ronaldo more forward winger than Giggs. Can see Giggs and Rooney always rotating. No way can we play Park.
Oh fair does well in which case yeah I like the sound of that. Just the way it came out on your message it looked like a 4-3-3. I agree about Park whole heartedly. I suppose with Giggs on the wing and Rooney upfront they can kind of take it in turns to get back.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts

Giggs will 100% start.

VDS

Carrick Fletcher Giggs

Ronaldo Rooney

Berbatov (Tevez)

yea Giggs will probably start.

but please explain why is it so funny ?
LE: leave the midfield opened? i said anderson can play in front of defence. rooney can also track down a little bit. we dont need to preserve something, we need to score goals.

1 - 20 of 368 Posts