Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match vs Porto

361 - 368 of 368 Posts

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
wow, "bring on the arsenal."
just got back from porto, not gonna lie, wasn't all that impressed with the city or the police but on the match topic, a huge result, and from what my dad says, fergie made that pretty clear in his celebrations on full time.
crowd were in buoyant mood pre-match, although i knew that there was a real threat of us being knocked out. all i prayed for was an early goal to silence the crowd and then we could get the impetus and push on from there. well, i got my wish, and how! what a goal, didn't quite realise how far out it was until i saw the replay today, but i landed a good 5 rows down after the celebrations!
we were edgy at times, and porto had chances, but never really troubled us apart from one occasion near the end where one of their players got a free header in and my mates were certain he would score, but he headed wide.

it was great to see rio back, and we looked a lot more solid at the back. rooney was great, but then again he is one of the only players who hasn't suffered a loss of form in our blip. anderson was very good in the first half, but tailed away somewhat in the second half, which is fair considering his recent return from injury. ronaldo was good, and it was nice to see him get stuck into a few tackles near the end. and the goal. what can you say. it's reasons like that goal that we put up with his antics and disinterest.
overall, a good away win, a good euro away and into the semis with a great chance of getting to rome again

·
Registered
47 Posts
A general point this but I can't understand how anyone would want to sit on here commenting on the game throughout rather than just concentrating on watching it, it seems crazy to me!

361 - 368 of 368 Posts