G
#1 ·

Emirates Stadium
Tuesday, 05 May 2009
19:45

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Arsenal , who are at Portsmouth today, have made eight changes from the side that lost to United in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Looks like they're not too bothered about this game and are saving everyone for us.

#4 ·
VDS
O'Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand*, Evra
Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Ronaldo
Rooney, Berbatov.

I have a feeling Park will start instead of Berbatov, but that's what I'd like to see. Ferdinand playing obviously depends on his fitness. I think I heard he's going to back in time though, so we'll see.

#7 ·
you read my mind :( haha! ya i reckon he will stick with the same team as last time expect Berba for Tevez! and maybe if we score an early goal he might consider bringing on Park at half time to keep it tight but thing is Rooney is doing what Park does but so more effectively by the fact he offers a threat so i don't see the point in it!whatever the team i really can't wait for this game :D

#10 ·
I'm sure it will be the same team that beat them in the 1st Leg.

Really looking forward to this game now, like every game until the end of the season.
But this is gonna be a brillant game and i'm very confident we will come through winners in the end.

Prediction: 1-1.

#11 ·
* Looking at today's lineup against Boro, no prize for guessing Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick should be playing again in central midfield, and of course, Ronaldo.

* As we are having an advantage albeit slim in an away fixture and that we probably would be facing some amount of pressure from a desperate Arsenal, I would further guess we would be playing 4-5-1 with Rooney on the left again and probably Tevez as the lone striker rather than Berbatov for the obvious reason - work rate over composure of course.

* The only uncertainties would probably be the defence with Rio and perhaps even Evra being deemed unfit. Hope not.

* My lineup:

[If Evra is fit]
VDS; JOS, Vidic, Rio/Evans, Evra; Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Rooney; Tevez.

[If Evra is unfit]
VDS; Rafael, Vidic, Rio/Evans, JOS; Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Rooney; Tevez.

[Contingency]
.............................................; Ronaldo, Carrick, Fletcher, Rooney; Tevez, Berbatov.

[Further contingency]
.............................................; Ronaldo, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney; Tevez, Berbatov.

#14 ·
The 2nd leg will be more competitive for United, it won't just be a stroll in the park like it was at Old Trafford, Arsenal at the Emirates are very hard to beat, we havn't beaten them there for a pretty long time, i think the best result for us that we could get is a draw, but i think if we score the first goal then there should be no problem in advancing to the final.

I predict a 2-2 draw.

#15 ·
Let's make him eat his words...

channel4.com - Football Italia

Mourinho: Utd won't win trophy

Jose Mourinho has criticised old club Chelsea’s tactics, but is “100 per cent sure” Manchester United won’t win the Champions League.

The Inter boss was asked for his predictions on the competition by Sky Italia television this weekend.

I am 100 per cent sure Manchester will qualify, but who wins the other semi-final will then be Champion of Europe,” said the Special One.

United lead Arsenal 1-0 from the first leg at Old Trafford, although they wasted many opportunities to extend that advantage.

In the other semi, Chelsea held Barcelona to a 0-0 draw at the Nou Camp with tactics that many have called ‘catenaccio’ or even ‘anti-football.’

“Chelsea are my former club, it’s hard for me to talk about this,” mused Mourinho when pressed on this issue.

“They are physically the strongest side in the world, feel very comfortable when sitting back and did nothing to score in Barcelona, but looked like they could be there for hours and not concede.

“[With the 6-2 at Real Madrid on Saturday night] Barcelona proved what they can do playing away from home with more space, but Chelsea can be very dangerous from set plays.”

#23 ·
Rooney should not play IMO.

-------------------------VDS--------------------------

--O'Shea---------Rio------------Vidic-----------Evra--

----------Fletcher-----Carrick-----Anderson------------

--Ronaldo---------------------------------------Park--

-----------------------Tevez------------------------

#24 ·
Rooney should not play IMO.
i think if anybody should not play it should be Ecra as i think Wenger could tell Walcott to really run at Evra as he won't want to make that many challenges because of the yellow card! its a risky game leaving our best player on the bench for such a big game but i can see where your coming from but i don't see it happening Fergie will probably just have a word with him and if theres ay sign of trouble he will take him straight off!

#25 ·
I don't see why Fergie should leave either of them on the bench to be honest.
This is a Semi-Final, we're not guaranteed a place in the Final unless we Win this game.
So by not starting both or even 1 of these players, we are decreasing our chances of going through.

For me both of them have to start. I think Rooney is our most important player, when he plays we tend to play better. As for Evra, he also needs to start. Who else have we to play at left back to try and mark Walcott?, O'Shea lacks pace and Fabio is inexperienced.

I know there is that risk of picking up a booking with both these players, Evra having to mark Walcott for 90 mins and Rooney could get invoved in something unnecessary in the heat of the moment in such a big game.

But if I don't see both of these players start on Tuesday, I will be really dissappointed.

#26 ·
i think if anybody should not play it should be Ecra as i think Wenger could tell Walcott to really run at Evra as he won't want to make that many challenges because of the yellow card! its a risky game leaving our best player on the bench for such a big game but i can see where your coming from but i don't see it happening Fergie will probably just have a word with him and if theres ay sign of trouble he will take him straight off!
Possibly, though I think we can replace Rooney for 1 game. If we were against Barcelona, then yeah I'd say play him, but I think we can beat Arsenal with Park, Ronaldo and Tevez.

Evra doesn't really have a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.