Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clever Carlos wins Wayne's heart



Wayne Rooney heaped praise on strike partner Carlos Tevez after United's summer signing notched twice in the Reds' 4-1 win over Middlesbrough.

Nani and Rooney found the net before half-time before Tevez rocked the visitors with a further two goals in the second half.

"Playing with Carlos is brilliant," Rooney told MUTV. "He's a clever player, very intelligent, and I think we both work well together. We've both been scoring a few goals lately so we're pleased with that."

Rooney and Tevez shone throughout the match, with the crowning moment arriving in the 55th minute when Tevez fired home after collecting a sumptuous return pass from the England international.

"The best way to play football is pass and move and as soon as Carlos gave me the ball I could see him starting his run out of the corner of my eye. He got on the end of my backheel and I'm delighted for him to have scored two today. He's worked very hard over the last two games and he deserves those goals."

Rooney's also been among the goals recently and has scored six in the Reds' last five matches.

"I know it's my job to score goals and I try and score in every game I play. I'm happy with how things are going and I'm hoping that can continue.

"To play in this team is an honour. We're playing fast, attacking football and that's the football I want to be involved in."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
I'm sure the game against Boro puts an end to the "can they play together" stories :)

Our front line is looking as strong as our back, this is trouble for the rest of the league :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
PrinceZane said:
I'm sure the game against Boro puts an end to the "can they play together" stories :)

Our front line is looking as strong as our back, this is trouble for the rest of the league :D
.........I'm actually a bit concerned with our back 4 as of now !!!

They concede 2 against Kyiv.....1 more against Boro. Teams that really should NOT score against us !!

In the first 6 games of the season these 2 teams would not have been anywhere near scoring and yet...........they managed it now !!

Maybe Mr Neville will walk right back into the team - because someone needs to get it working again !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
.........I'm actually a bit concerned with our back 4 as of now !!!

They concede 2 against Kyiv.....1 more against Boro. Teams that really should NOT score against us !!

In the first 6 games of the season these 2 teams would not have been anywhere near scoring and yet...........they managed it now !!

Maybe Mr Neville will walk right back into the team - because someone needs to get it working again !!!
I wouldnt be too concerned Carly. Letting 3 goals against these 2 games isnt the worst thing. Yes there were some mistakes but you have to expect a few now and again. Its ok to let a goal or two in if we are scoring 4 each game. Vidic doesnt seem totally right since his concussion, OShea was arguably at fault for one or two of the goals. We also have Evra and Neville to come in so no worries at all :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I wouldnt be too concerned Carly. Letting 3 goals against these 2 games isnt the worst thing. Yes there were some mistakes but you have to expect a few now and again. Its ok to let a goal or two in if we are scoring 4 each game. Vidic doesnt seem totally right since his concussion, OShea was arguably at fault for one or two of the goals. We also have Evra and Neville to come in so no worries at all :)
Hopefully we can start a 5 goals a game agianst Arsenal.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't worry about our defence carly, tottenham have let in 23 just in the league this season, only derby have conseeded (sp) more lol! :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top