Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 490 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
From Sky Sports...

David Moyes will take a check on his side before finalising Manchester United's line-up.

Javier Hernandez and Shinji Kawaga both missed the weekend win at Aston Villa, the Mexican due to a head injury suffered in training, whilst Kagawa had not fully recovered from having his stomach pumped 10 days previously.

Chris Smalling has also been out for three games, although it is anticipated skipper Nemanja Vidic will be available after two matches on the sidelines. Robin van Persie (thigh) and Michael Carrick (Achilles) are definitely out.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
It's a busy period, we have 5 games in the next 2 weeks (4 PL, 1 CC), we'll have to rotate and prioritize.

West ham on Saturday is more important than Stoke tonight.
Marginally.We are at the business end if a cup competition, do are Citeh , chance to win a trophy and give our rivals a bloody nose can't be passed up.Losing tonight wouldn't be great preparation for West Ham either.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
What I'd play;

--------------------------------De Gea -----------------------------------
Rafael ----------- Smalling -------- Vidic ----------------------Fabio/Buttner
---------------------Jones -------------Fletcher ------------------------
Zaha ------------------------Rooney ---------------------------Januzaj
------------------------------Chicharito -----------------------------------

Bring Fletcher off after 60, and put Anderson on.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Manchester United provisional squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Vidic, Fabio, Valencia, Nani, Jones, Fletcher, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, Young, Zaha, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Hernandez.

No call up for any U21 players. Good to see Smalling, Vidic, Kagawa and Hernandez appear to be fit again.

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
I think we need to treat this competition like the league. It's important that Moyes wins something ASAP. The 1990
Cup win worked wonders for Fergie, so why not Moyes? Step out of Fergie's shadow a bit. The chances of winning the league are slim to non-existent. Even the top four seems a little way off and if the worse comes to the worst at least he would have a chance at the Europa League next season, gaining a little bit more European experience next season.

It's may not be ideal for some supporters, but he cant run before he can walk. A strong side is needed tonight and so forth.

·
Saviour of the Forum
12,868 Posts
Marginally.We are at the business end if a cup competition, do are Citeh , chance to win a trophy and give our rivals a bloody nose can't be passed up.Losing tonight wouldn't be great preparation for West Ham either.
I didn't say we should go out to lose if we make changes, the players coming in like Hernandez, Kagawa, Nani etc should still be competitive.

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Manchester United provisional squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Vidic, Fabio, Valencia, Nani, Jones, Fletcher, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, Young, Zaha, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Hernandez.

No call up for any U21 players. Good to see Smalling, Vidic, Kagawa and Hernandez appear to be fit again.
Based on this, I'd play:

Welbeck

Zaha Rooney Valencia

Cleverley Jones

Büttner Vidić Smalling Rafael

De Gea

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
Hernandez has to start, been our best player in the cup so far, and he needs games if we want him to stick around. Would probably be the perfect game to rest Rooney, or at least bench him and have him there to come on if needed. Would probably be a good game to give Fletcher a run out too

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Hernandez has to start, been our best player in the cup so far, and he needs games if we want him to stick around. Would probably be the perfect game to rest Rooney, or at least bench him and have him there to come on if needed. Would probably be a good game to give Fletcher a run out too
I think Chicharito will leave in January (for good money) in order to ensure his World Cup place and maintain his status as Mexico's star striker.

Fletcher will hopefully get 30 minutes in the second half. A full game against Stoke City away is tough on the legs. Adam and co are very physical.

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
I would never rest Rooney. He can play Wednesday - Saturday/Sunday all season long. Our best player by a country mile this season. There is a horrible feeling of unimportance concerning this match today. A win and were are so close to the manager's first final with the club and possibly a first ever trophy.

Let's not underestimate the significance of this competition. The good thing is he has picked a very strong squad. I'm glad he is taking this seriously.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
I think Chicharito will leave in January (for good money) in order to ensure his World Cup place and maintain his status as Mexico's star striker.

Fletcher will hopefully get 30 minutes in the second half. A full game against Stoke City away is tough on the legs. Adam and co are very physical.
I wouldn't be surprised if we used him as a makeweight in a deal for someone like Koke.

41 - 60 of 490 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.