Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 490 Posts

·
We'll Never Die.
1,724 Posts
Jones back to midfield is the only disappointment from the line up.
I'd really like to see him played at CB consistently. I know he's a good option at CM, but at the back is where he's most effective and it's where he'll go on to have a great career in. Play him where he's best and where he wants to be himself.

I was hoping Moyes would stick with the Jones - Evans partnership, but ah well...

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Ando will bag a brace. He is The League Cup king and suits that most advanced of the midfield role. He scored against both Reading and Schalke 04 playing that role.

We need to not rely on crosses, as Stoke will head them away from for fun.

Welbeck, Ando and Cleverley are capable of quick link up play. Hopefully Valencia drives his crosses low and avoids the air where Stoke will dominate.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'd really like to see him played at CB consistently. I know he's a good option at CM, but at the back is where he's most effective and it's where he'll go on to have a great career in. Play him where he's best and where he wants to be himself.

I was hoping Moyes would stick with the Jones - Evans partnership, but ah well...
Smalling needs game time as well, i guess.

No Zaha is my dissapointment from that lineup.

·
We'll Never Die.
1,724 Posts
4-3-3 is awesome for us. We're better with it, and I'm glad Moyes is realising it. Young starting is a massive negative though; the guy is utter dog shite.
I don't think it will be 4-3-3 though. More like a 4-5-1, with possibly Anderson playing furthest forward from midfield.

Anyway, if we are going to play with 3 up front, then surely Valencia and Young shouldn't be there.
I'd have Nani, Hernandez and Welbeck.

·
Fanatico
939 Posts
I'm (pleasantly) surprised he's not gone for Smalling at RB on account of height.
Meh, I don't see height as a big enough deal to take Rafael off. Rafael was so effective mid-week, and is one of the better right-backs in the country. I doubt Barca or Bayern would take Alves or Lahm off for one of their substitute CB's to deal with height.

Regardless of that, at least Rafael gets some rest. I'm pumped to see Anderson tonight.

·
Fanatico
939 Posts
I don't think it will be 4-3-3 though. More like a 4-5-1, with possibly Anderson playing furthest forward from midfield.

Anyway, if we are going to play with 3 up front, then surely Valencia and Yong shouldn't be there.
I'd have Nani, Hernandez and Welbeck.
Where are you getting 4-5-1 from? That basically is the same as 4-3-3, except you have hard-working wingers that track back. There isn't much difference at all. It simply means we can keep the ball MUCH easier with a third man in midfield.

81 - 100 of 490 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.