Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea's Joe Cole believes all the pressure in the race for the Premier League title is on Manchester United.

The Red Devils are currently three points clear of The Blues having seen off West Ham 4-1 on Saturday.

Chelsea have the chance to move level with Sir Alex Ferguson's side when they tackle Newcastle on Monday.

Cole believes with many writing off The Blues months ago that all the pressure is on the league leaders to cross the finishing line first.

I think the pressure is more on Manchester United as people wrote us off months ago," he told Chelsea TV.

"So to be in the position we are shows a great will and great strength and depth in the squad and everything.

"We'll go there and try and win the game."

See Newcastle take on Chelsea exclusively live from St James' Park only on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports HD 1.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
wth is he talking about?

We're in the driving seat, and all the pressure is on them at this moment in time. They NEED to beat Newcastle after all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
marty davidson said:
Chelsea's Joe Cole believes all the pressure in the race for the Premier League title is on Manchester United.
Sure we got the pressure to win our last game but Im sure the little boy Joe Cole would want to swap with Manchester United. But sorry Joe, you're beaten by the pro. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
your head la... Joe Cole... Can you see that we are in front... What's makes you think that we... Chelsea are the ones chasing and inorder for you guys to win, you guys need us to get a bad result on the last game... So get the facts right...

·
23,699 Posts
I beg to differ a bit on this matter.

Now that Chelsea has beaten Newcastle, I do think the pressure is on us instead. We now have to secure nothing short of a victory at Wigan, the ever-improving team of late and one of the few teams that actually left Stamford Bridge unscathed, whilst Chelsea enjoy a relatively much easier tie at home against a lowly Bolton.

Although I believe we are more than capable of securing the needed victory over Wigan on paper, I can't help looking back at some of the games which we could have done much better with a more positive approach or ambition, and we will not be in this tight situation in the very first place. 5 points in the lead with just 4 games to go and we threw it all away....

But right, we can't afford to whine or lament now but to bite the bullet and win the 2 'finals' by hook or by crook, somehow or rather, by luck or by grit..

And just before you hurl rotten eggs at me, I am proud to announce that I am actually quietly confident of clinching both the Titles!! Why, 'moaner', you may ask... Because we have no more option/excuse/leeway/buffer left but to play to our strength, to attack and win both the 'finals'.

And that is precisely the comfort and confidence the 'moaners' have been 'moaning' about and clamouring for.

And to employ RFR's spiritual approach, WE ARE THE DOUBLE CHAMPIONS OF 2008 come 21st May.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts