Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I look at some of the statements from our fans when speaking about Berbatov , the most used word is "Composure". Well i think it's overrated !

I mean composure don't win you matches - it can help when leading to stear the ship to the safer waters but when it comes to winning , performing, need to score goals I'd take workrate over composure any day..

I saw the Spurs away match the other day again , cos I wasn't able to judge it properly cos the first time I saw it I was at White Hart Lane watching it live, and I noticed something - does any of you know how many corners Park won us in that match - he won us 5-6 corners alone and when having towers like Vida, Rio and Ronaldo it can be a crucial weapon-

Good tehnique and composure isn't everything a player needs to win you matches -it aint' enough to be branded the new cantona - cos all this, first touch, holding the ball and all - all these are nice but it ends up on having a good tehnique - Jaj Jay Okocha had a good tehnique - is he a class required to play for Barcelona,Utd, etc - NO !

Some people doubt in work rate - but didn't work rate win us a match at Newcastle - didn't Park with his famous never say die attitude robbed the defender of posession and gave it to Berba who got the entire credit for tapping the winner overthere - and it doesn't matter that he was pathetic throughout the match -noooo - because he tapped the winner with his composure

didn't tevez workrate and his will to go all the way even if it looks clumsy win us a match against Bolton when Berba headed the winner form a few yards out - barely anyone gives him credit for it -

didn't workrate win us a penalty at OT against Liverpool ? didn't work rate help arshavin score 2 goals last night !?

And composure can't do that - not as often as workrate can

I'd take workrate over composure any day

In fact some of the Berba's judgement in the box have led me to think he's got waaaay too much composure

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
great post mate, 100% true, people talk up berba for the small few goals that he has scored but it was players like park and tevez who worked there socks off caused the other team to cough up the ball and set em up, if berba is the so called next cantona, can you name one goal he got in the red of united were he took around two players and scored a cracker, he hasnt...

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm gonna say Composure is over-rated at times but so is Workrate..!

Players like Park and Tevez are great to have in your squad for an important game, because of their Workrate.. But seriously at the end of the day, the player with more Composure rather than Workrate will score more goals.. Therefore we willl have a better chance of winning games this way..!
Workrate doesn't win you games, it can contribute to winning but in the end Composure is all about scoring goals to win games..

Take Ronaldo for instance, not the greatest player at tracking back, closing down or tackling the opposition.. But what he does is far more important, he scores goals that contribute to us winning games.. I'm happy the way Ronaldo is, I don't care if he doesn't track back because he saves his energy for attacking the opposition, scoring goals when we're not playing well, not running around the pitch like a headless chicken - Tevez..

Like I said Park and Tevez have good Workrate, but look at Rooney he has brillant Workrate yet he has got fantastic ability on the ball.. This is the reason why Tevez is not a world class player and certainly not a £30M player.. He has poor ability on the ball and he's rarely a goal threat to the opposition..!

If you asked me to pick from Tevez and Berbatov, I would choose Berbatov every time..!
Composure > Workrate..!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Players like Park and Tevez are great to have in your squad for an important game, because of their Workrate.. But seriously at the end of the day, the player with more Composure rather than Workrate will score more goals.. Therefore we willl have a better chance of winning games this way..!
Workrate doesn't win you games, it can contribute to winning but in the end Composure is all about scoring goals to win games..

Take Ronaldo for instance, not the greatest player at tracking back, closing down or tackling the opposition.. But what he does is far more important, he scores goals that contribute to us winning games.. I'm happy the way Ronaldo is, I don't care if he doesn't track back because he saves his energy for attacking the opposition, scoring goals when we're not playing well, not running around the pitch like a headless chicken - Tevez..

Like I said Park and Tevez have good Workrate, but look at Rooney he has brillant Workrate yet he has got fantastic ability on the ball.. This is the reason why Tevez is not a world class player and certainly not a £30M player.. He has poor ability on the ball and he's rarely a goal threat to the opposition..!

If you asked me to pick from Tevez and Berbatov, I would choose Berbatov every time..!
Composure > Workrate..!
well if players like tevez didnt have work rate , berba wudnt score any goals, not like hes got many, the fact is, ever team has a work horse, a player who does the dirty work like tevez, close down players, fight for the ball so players like berbatov, who doesnt belive in doin anything till the balls at his feet..

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Composure > Workrate..!
without workrate , a player wouldn't be able to be in the position to be composed to score the goal

look at berbatov - he's composed around center circle - but what the hell is he doing there so often

with a little bit more workrate he would be able to use his composure in the box in order to score goals

and tevez workrate has broiught him same number of goals as berba's composure with less minutes played

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
well if players like tevez didnt have work rate , berba wudnt score any goals, not like hes got many, the fact is, ever team has a work horse, a player who does the dirty work like tevez, close down players, fight for the ball so players like berbatov, who doesnt belive in doin anything till the balls at his feet..
I'm not so sure about that, good players can create chances for themselves..
It's true though you need a balance of both, which i think we have at this club..!

The main point I was trying to get across was that Workrate contributes to winning games, whereas Composure can actually win you games..!

I'm not a Fan of either Tevez or Berbatov to be honest with ya..!

But I still feel there's more to come from Berbatov rather than Tevez..
We all know what Tevez is about, he covers pretty much every inch of grass on the pitch but at the end of it all he's a Striker.. He should score more goals, he's so frustrating at times, when he get's the ball he runs into the opposition or shoots from distance without threatning the keeper.. He has scored some important goals, don't get me wrong but he's just not a good enough player IMO..

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
workrate can win you games more than composure - just look at the amount of goals liverpool scored in the injury time this season - 9- - 9 goals !

most of those goals / comebacks were because of their never say die attitude , and their work rate
they're hardly composed and hardly the most skilfull but they are hard working bunch i give them that

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored 150 goals for Manchester United,
how many does he owe to composure? 149 maybe?

I think Tevez may have saved your family from Arkan when you
were younger and your gratitude makes you defend him no
matter what, as well as blinding you.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

that's right - bring the balkan war in this

bring the fact that i lost my uncle from "arkan"'s army pathetic little man

it says enough of you really

some things are beyond football

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
workrate can win you games more than composure - just look at the amount of goals liverpool scored in the injury time this season - 9- - 9 goals !

most of those goals / comebacks were because of their never say die attitude , and their work rate
they're hardly composed and hardly the most skilfull but they are hard working bunch i give them that
Yes Workrate contributes to scoring goals and winning games, but it's Composure that actually scores the goals that wins the game..!
Exactly my point..! Most of Liverpools late goals came from the opposition defences ******* up if you watch back.. Look at players like Torres and Gerrard for instance both have Composure, without them Liverpool are shit.. Then you're relying on a workhorse like Kuyt to score you goals..!

Composure > Workrate everyday of the week, it's what wins the games over Workrate evertime..!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

150 minus a few deflection and minus a few off penalties. not 149 im really sure.

btw, thats really bad of you to bring up the balkan wars. :red:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Workrate contributes to scoring goals and winning games, but it's Composure that actually scores the goals that wins the game..!
Exactly my point..! Most of Liverpools late goals came from the opposition defences ******* up if you watch back.. Look at players like Torres and Gerrard for instance both have Composure, without them Liverpool are shit.. Then you're relying on a workhorse like Kuyt to score you goals..!

Composure > Workrate everyday of the week, it's what wins the games over Workrate evertime..!
totally and utterly disagree

in fact - the defenders ****ed up those goals just because they were put on the pressure by liverpool's workrate - not composure

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
that's right - bring the balkan war in this

bring the fact that i lost my uncle from "arkan"'s army pathetic little man

it says enough of you really

some things are beyond football
I didn't know about your Uncle and apologise, it was a metaphor.

What I mean is; Why do you take it so personally and why do you
continuously go on about Tevez and not Berbatov?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
150 minus a few deflection and minus a few off penalties. not 149 im really sure.

btw, thats really bad of you to bring up the balkan wars. :red:
see ?

statements like that show who's still on the balkan (mentally )

and why i don't consider myself living on a balkan

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't know about your Uncle and apologise, it was a metaphor.

What I mean is; Why do you take it so personally and why do you
continuously go on about Tevez and not Berbatov?
you can take your apology and stick it you know where

one thing is calling me an idiot or making fun of me but when you make fun of those victims it's disgusting

imagine if i said to a jew - what ? tevez saved you from hitler - is that why you like him ?

btw - there was at hread about workrate being overrated and no one said to a thread starter that he was personal despite calling tevez shit

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
you can take your apology and stick it you know where

one thing is calling me an idiot or making fun of me but when you make fun of those victims it's disgusting

imagine if i said to a jew - what ? tevez saved you from hitler - is that why you like him ?
A Jew would laugh and take it ironically, at least the ones I
know would.

As I said, I didn't know about you and the Balkan Wars but what
I'm saying is; Why do you make it your life mission to save Tevez
from criticism?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
totally and utterly disagree

in fact - the defenders ****ed up those goals just because they were put on the pressure by liverpool's workrate - not composure
Right, so if you have 10 outfield players classed as Workhorses then you are hoping to put the opposition under so much pressure that they **** up basically and gift you a chance at goal?!:rolleyes:
That Workrate contributes to a goal scoring chance not actually scoring the chance itself..!

Right, then after all that Workrate you need a player with... guess what? Composure - to actually make the most of all your teams hard work..! What's the point on players killing themselves to hopefully lead to the opposition messing up and get a chance on goal, if there is no player who can actually score the goal.. Composure in a player actually puts the ball in the net..!

So how can you say Composure is overrated now..!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right, so if you have 10 outfield players classed as Workhorses then you are hoping to put the opposition under so much pressure that they **** up basically and gift you a chance at goal?!:rolleyes:
That Workrate contributes to a goal scoring chance not actually scoring the chance itself..!

Right, then after all that Workrate you need a player with... guess what? Composure - to actually make the most of all your teams hard work..! What's the point on players killing themselves to hopefully lead to the opposition messing up and get a chance on goal, if there is no player who can actually score the goal.. Composure in a player actually puts the ball in the net..!

So how can you say Composure is overrated now..!
you said it man - the workrate comes first

i rest my case

btw - are we talking about ruud's composure or berbatov's composure

totally different lever and usage of their composure

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
you said it man - the workrate comes first

i rest my case

btw - are we talking about ruud's composure or berbatov's composure

totally different lever and usage of their composure
What are you implying now?!
I'll say it again my main point in all of my posts was that Workrate contributes to goals, whereas Composure actually get's you goals and win games..!
Your wrong with the title, Composure is overrated..!

What you on about Ruud and Berba?!
This isn't a thread comparing those 2 players..
Ruud was one of the best Strikers ever who had Composure over Workrate, they same that every Forward should have.. So that's my point on Tevez..!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts