Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So instead of answering the very valid point I've made, you're choosing to compare me to a fat Spanish waiter. I'm starting to remember why I stopped debating with you, it's absolutely pointless.
haha - now you want me to answer you valid point and you seem to forget how you "forgot" to answer my valid point about fletcher

zuco,zuco,zuco - not fair is it ?

and i'm losing a debate ?

is there a debate ?

tevez workrate > berba's composure - a fact

the time will tell...again

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Tevez has great work-rate when running around IN circles. :D
Lol, that's a great reply. :rofl:

It is interesting watching the different ways Berbatov and Tevez keep hold of the ball.

Tevez will fight tooth and nail to win and keep hold of the ball. Berbatov simply doesn't have to. For me, the best players are the ones that seem to have all the time in the World on the ball. Berbatov is one of those players.

·
23,699 Posts
Oh Bro Cro... :D

What gotten into you lately - you are on a warpath (deliberately it seems). ;)

Second-rate teams have a lot of "work rate" or industry but little end product or cutting edge. They ain't going too far.

I think both work rate and "composure" (or class?) are equally important and essential for a good mix of balance in a team. A team of Tevezs is not going to win too many games. So does a team of Berbatovs. :D

And as I mentioned before, Rooney has got to be our most precious player because he has got both.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
CRO, i am amazed you're not tired of this debate mate.
i think everything has been said, now let the time decide. there is no point to carry on with this.

as for myself, i agree berbatov is not worthing 32 mil, but he is still better than tevez.
give berbatov another season and we will see...cuz we all know he can do better than this.

G

·
haha - now you want me to answer you valid point and you seem to forget how you "forgot" to answer my valid point about fletcher

zuco,zuco,zuco - not fair is it ?

and i'm losing a debate ?

is there a debate ?

the time will tell...again
I answered all of your points about Fletcher. In the end I got bored of your refusal to read what's put in front of you and sick of repeating myself.

Now who sounds like a Liverpool manager? :whistling:

Stating 'facts' that are not facts at all. Berbatov has created more goals than Tevez. How many times do you need telling?

That's the last time right there CROoney, either you accept the real facts for what they are or you keep making your own 'facts' and live in ignorance, I don't care either way, you're impossible to debate with.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
The ability to make an extra yard of space. To bring other players into the game. Zidane ad that in spades.

"A world class footballer, out of every 10 balls he receives he gives away 8 and keeps 2 for himself"

A great quote, can't remember who said it.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
Oh Bro Cro... :D

I think both work rate and "composure" (or class?) are equally important and essential for a good mix of balance in a team. A team of Tevezs is not going to win too many games. So does a team of Berbatovs. :D

And as I mentioned before, Rooney has got to be our most precious player because he has got both.
I'm not getting too much into this discussion as I think it's pointless, but I totally agree with what Versa said here

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I give up.

But answer me this;

Alex Ferguson trains with Carlos Tevez every day, atleast one
hour a day. Why do you think that after TWO YEARS, Alex Ferguson
has spent £4-6mil. and is unwilling to spend the rest of the £30mil.
(£24mil.) to keep him there, considering the fact that he's (for some
reason) a fan favourite, he's only 24-25 and seems very willing to
stay. Sir Alex Ferguson OBE doesn't want to spend £24mil. on Carlos
Tevez, we have the money, but no, Fergie's not up for it.

Is Fergie an idiot as well?

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
The ability to make an extra yard of space. To bring other players into the game. Zidane ad that in spades.

"A world class footballer, out of every 10 balls he receives he gives away 8 and keeps 2 for himself"

A great quote, can't remember who said it.
what an odd quote. its pretty shallow and does not describe a world class footballer imo.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
sure - but that running around has done better for the cliub then berbatov's dribbling around the circle

or are you saying berbatov's been better then tevez at united overall:eek:
one good season dont make a player. last season he looked to have forged a great partnership with rooney. some of the link up play was reminiscent of a yorke/cole era.

this season however has been very much a second season in the vein of a certain Mr Heinze. Remember he was voted player of the year in his first year and followed that up with a season where he looked Championship quality. Gets dropped out the side and wants off to Real Madrid.

Could history repeat itself, Tevez needs to step up to the plate if he wants to stay a United player.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Composure overrated? So what do you think of Paul Scholes and Zinidene Zidane? What about Ruud Van Nistelrooy?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
tevez is a well good player with great energy and finishing if hed taken his penalty first and they had berba takin the fifth one maybe we wouldnt be out of the fa cup.
berbatovs pena was sooo cocky it was unbelievable plus wasnt even anywhere near the corner of the net. For thirty million u would expect the man to be able to find the back of the net from 12 yards wen the likes of anderson can who has never even scored for us in a game. yes his vision is excellent and his passin and first touch but he is a slow lazy striker an in todays prem that aint good enough

if berbas talent and tevez's work rate could mix then the player would be better than rooney.

berbatov aint a patch on cantona and never will be.....fact.

an how come no one is moanin bout ronaldo yet fergie an tevez gettin some stick?
the guy is ace but he gives the ball away in dangerous areas an last week caused two goals in two games for the opposition. he has no team ethic an is only out for himself for a start he cried in the centre circle afta we had won not even botherin to rush to van der sar who saved his blushes afta missin another pre-madonna.

G

·
an how come no one is moanin bout ronaldo yet fergie an tevez gettin some stick?
the guy is ace but he gives the ball away in dangerous areas an last week caused two goals in two games for the opposition. he has no team ethic an is only out for himself for a start he cried in the centre circle afta we had won not even botherin to rush to van der sar who saved his blushes afta missin another pre-madonna.
It could be because this thread has nothing to do with Ronaldo. Do you think?

·
Registered
199 Posts
berbatovs pena was sooo cocky it was unbelievable plus wasnt even anywhere near the corner of the net. For thirty million u would expect the man to be able to find the back of the net from 12 yards wen the likes of anderson can who has never even scored for us in a game.
Ronaldo has missed a couple of pens too you know, one of which was because he was trying to be cocky, he must not be worth 30 million either? I'd guess 8 out of 10 times berba would probably score a pen. This just happens to be one of the 2 out of 10 (Im guessing) misses.
It wasnt even as if his miss cost us the game. It was evens after that pen. But for some reason he is the scapegoat.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
It could be because this thread has nothing to do with Ronaldo. Do you think?
the threads bout no one, its bout composure being overrated, just though i throw the ronaldo part in for gud measure, as he is another example of how composure is overated...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Ronaldo has missed a couple of pens too you know, one of which was because he was trying to be cocky, he must not be worth 30 million either? I'd guess 8 out of 10 times berba would probably score a pen. This just happens to be one of the 2 out of 10 (Im guessing) misses.
It wasnt even as if his miss cost us the game. It was evens after that pen. But for some reason he is the scapegoat.
well know one knows how much ronaldo os worth as united bought for 12million as a young kid, and developed em, united wasted 30million on berba, why cudnt he just stick the ball in the net like leighton baines, thats how you take a penalty, same with rio, hes a centre back, centre backs shudnt be tryin to place and ball to make it look gud, rio shud of puttin his leg threw it, hes scored em b4 like...

·
Registered
199 Posts
well know one knows how much ronaldo os worth as united bought for 12million as a young kid, and developed em, united wasted 30million on berba, why cudnt he just stick the ball in the net like leighton baines, thats how you take a penalty, same with rio, hes a centre back, centre backs shudnt be tryin to place and ball to make it look gud, rio shud of puttin his leg threw it, hes scored em b4 like...
Not disputing ronaldos worth to the team by any means, Im just making the point that you cant just judge Berba's transfer price on that penalty. Although I do agree the penalty was shocking.

But Berbatov has brought a lot to the team I feel. And has been involved in the build up play towards goals a lot too, even when its not necessarily a direct assist. His assists record is great too though. The asking price of 30m couldnt be helped, hes the man Fergie wanted, and was going to get for a reduced price in all probability until City all of a sudden had money. But if we win the league again this year, partially thanks to the winning goals that Berbatov has already scored, then surely hes worth the money. And, if we dont win the league, I still think that Berbatov will have a great season next year anyway.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Not disputing ronaldos worth to the team by any means, Im just making the point that you cant just judge Berba's transfer price on that penalty. Although I do agree the penalty was shocking.

But Berbatov has brought a lot to the team I feel. And has been involved in the build up play towards goals a lot too, even when its not necessarily a direct assist. His assists record is great too though. The asking price of 30m couldnt be helped, hes the man Fergie wanted, and was going to get for a reduced price in all probability until City all of a sudden had money. But if we win the league again this year, partially thanks to the winning goals that Berbatov has already scored, then surely hes worth the money. And, if we dont win the league, I still think that Berbatov will have a great season next year anyway.
but didnt tevez score some last minute goals last year, some very important goals that won us matchs and points, so why isnt tevez worth the money that his crowd want if you think that the winning goals that berbatov got this season will justify the amount of money that was spent on em , i think he got two winning goals againist boro and bolton and if it wasnt for tevez's work rate then berbatov wouldnt of scored againist bolton....

41 - 60 of 113 Posts