Manchester United Talk banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I don't think workrate is 80%. Definitely not. I'd say workrate is 40% Composure 60% between the two.
i know and of course it's not 80%

it's about balance, but in berba's case i say - screw his composure in the center circle - we could do without it - in fact we did

but the point is that justice first said it was 80 % and now he "changed " his mind

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Last Saturday in the match against Spurs it was a perfect example how (tevez/park's) work rate comes before (berbatov's)composure . What did composure bring us in the first half ? Nothing . Not a single chance . Holding up the ball well, good passing , composure - it's relevant but if you don't have the work rate to drag the team forward than it's all irrelevant.

For ex. - Berba's composure wasn't as relevant without Tevez' work rate as it was with it. It only came to surface once Tevez and his workrate was introduced - it triggered Berbatov's composure to be seen. Work rate actually brings you to the chance in which you can use your composure rightly. To score goals.

That's why Capello's and Mourinho's teams are so successful, because they're capable of repeatedly put the pressure on their opponents and to repeat action after action after action, and by that they slowly butcher their opponents. That's why managers love players like Rooney, Tevez , Kuyt ( the first pick for both Liverpool AND NETHERLANDS ) and what some shortsighted fans fail to see that it is important. not overrarterd at all. In fact i dare to say it's more important than composure.But it's debatable.

When people remember Roy Keane they always use the words "he was a box-to-box player" - he wasn't the most skilfull nor the most composed (he used to lose he's composure on several occasions) but his workarte was remarkable - he dragged the entire team forward by dominating the entire field mostly with his WORK RATE

And to conclude with RFR's brilliant statement - WORK RATE IS OVERRATED IF IT'S THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE
And if anyone thinks Tevez for example has only work rate then he has no clue about football

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
And to conclude with RFR's brilliant statement - WORK RATE IS OVERRATED IF IT'S THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE
We have many players with great work rate, but unfortunately we don't have so many players with great technique, ball control ...etc...
I fully agree that we need a mixture of these kind of players.
That's why we need Berbatov and he could be useful.

And that's why we need to sign at least one creative midfielder /IMO/.

Who do you think would control the midfield if we face Barcelona in the final ?????
Our workhorses or Barca's technique midfielders???

G

·
Tevez played well when he came on on Saturday but the more telling tactical switch was to move Rooney out to the left. Evra was no longer being ganged up on by Lennon and Corluka, instead we were the attacking team and Lennon was pinned back and forced to help out Corluka in defence. Tevez helped us win the game with his workrate, but it was Rooney's composed pass and Carrick's run that 'won' the penalty, then Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov's composure that created and scored the goals. Workrate can help the team win, but it's composure that puts the ball in the net and that's where Tevez lacks.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
We have many players with great work rate, but unfortunately we don't have so many players with great technique, ball control ...etc...
I fully agree that we need a mixture of these kind of players.
That's why we need Berbatov and he could be useful.

And that's why we need to sign at least one creative midfielder /IMO/.

Who do you think would control the midfield if we face Barcelona in the final ?????
Our workhorses or Barca's technique midfielders???

Berbatov certainly won't :p

We had a team for them last season, except Hargo was on the RB and Brown was on the CB

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Tevez played well when he came on on Saturday but the more telling tactical switch was to move Rooney out to the left. Evra was no longer being ganged up on by Lennon and Corluka, instead we were the attacking team and Lennon was pinned back and forced to help out Corluka in defence. Tevez helped us win the game with his workrate, but it was Rooney's composed pass and Carrick's run that 'won' the penalty, then Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov's composure that created and scored the goals. Workrate can help the team win, but it's composure that puts the ball in the net.
workrate will drag you to a position in which you can use your composure

without workrate there isn no way to put the pressure on and to create so many chances

workrate before tehnique imo

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
We have players like Tevez
We don't have player like Berbatov

Thats why Fergie wanted him.
Tevez would be vital for a team without many workhorses.

I know that it's not fair but life sucks :(
And its better for Tevez to sign with a new top class team where he would play more often.

Berbatov is fan's scapegoat and Tevez is Fergie's scapegoat. Its harsh on both of them ....

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
We have players like Tevez
We don't have player like Berbatov

Thats why Fergie wanted him.
Tevez would be vital for a team without many workhorses.

I know that it's not fair but life sucks :(
And its better for Tevez to sign with a new top class team where he would play more often.

Berbatov is fan's scapegoat and Tevez is Fergie's scapegoat. Its harsh on both of them ....
true - but the question is - Do we need players like Berbatov ?

I've certainly failed to see that we do - especially after the last season

and btw - Carrick plays similar to Berbatov:specool:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
and btw - Carrick plays similar to Berbatov:specool:
I don't think Carrick has the physical presence, ability to hold up the ball or ability Berba has.

Although I get where you're coming from. Besides Berbatov just needs more confidence to take shots.

His shooting, since joining us, has been very mediocre but we all know he's capable of better.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I don't think Carrick has the physical presence, ability to hold up the ball or ability Berba has.
Although I get where you're coming from. Besides Berbatov just needs more confidence to take shots.

His shooting, since joining us, has been very mediocre but we all know he's capable of better.
that's why I said "simliar" not "same"

besides carrick tries more defence splitting passes - for now....

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts

i think you're on the right lines there - he doesn't lack the ability just the confidence, since joining us he hasn't been taking as many shots

101 - 113 of 113 Posts