Manchester United Talk banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
I guess we are most willing to forgive Rooney because of his work rate and fierce commitment he gives us.

That cannot hide the fact though that he fluffed not 1 but 3 one-to-one chances in a high-profile game in which opportunites are precious and hard to come by. From 2 metres, stroking the ball against the leg of a fallen Lehmann and shooting straight at the onrushing keeper... Sigh.

Notice he likes to go for power (straight down the middle, straight at the keeper) instead of going for placement and accuracy. Can somebody kindly relay the message?

Of course, he is forgiven again. But like somebody mentioned, what if we did not win or worse, lose? Then perhaps the grumblings would be louder and the concern deeper.

But of course, he will be forgiven again, I am sure...

Sigh.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
versa said:
I guess we are most willing to forgive Rooney because of his work rate and fierce commitment he gives us.

That cannot hide the fact though that he fluffed not 1 but 3 one-to-one chances in a high-profile game in which opportunites are precious and hard to come by. From 2 metres, stroking the ball against the leg of a fallen Lehmann and shooting straight at the onrushing keeper... Sigh.

Notice he likes to go for power (straight down the middle, straight at the keeper) instead of going for placement and accuracy. Can somebody kindly relay the message?

Of course, he is forgiven again. But like somebody mentioned, what if we did not win or worse, lose? Then perhaps the grumblings would be louder and the concern deeper.

But of course, he will be forgiven again, I am sure...

Sigh.
Amen to that!

I love Rooney, but his finishing at the moment is woeful. I'm not going to type it up again. His finishing at the moment has nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with tactics. He just doesn't place the ball at all.

He had the whole net to aim at and on each occasion sent the ball straight to the keeper. Maybe he has an eyesight problem that he doesn't want to tell anybody about.......

If his finishing does not improve soon, it might cost us very dearly in a big game.

While we have not lost with Rooney in the team, his missed opportunities have resulted in drop points and it is such a waste because he does so much work to get into those opportunities and then totally messes them up.

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Amen to that!

I love Rooney, but his finishing at the moment is woeful. I'm not going to type it up again. His finishing at the moment has nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with tactics. He just doesn't place the ball at all.

He had the whole net to aim at and on each occasion sent the ball straight to the keeper. Maybe he has an eyesight problem that he doesn't want to tell anybody about.......

If his finishing does not improve soon, it might cost us very dearly in a big game.

While we have not lost with Rooney in the team, his missed opportunities have resulted in drop points and it is such a waste because he does so much work to get into those opportunities and then totally messes them up.
Correct me if I am wrong, thought that immaculate record has been broken in the FA Cup loss to Portsmouth??!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
antdevil78 said:
Its the classic thought that its when he dont get any chances at all is when we need start worrying.

From your previous threads it seems to suggest he aint good enough for the United team. If Liverpool offered a swap deal Rooney for Torres would you accept??

For me it would be a definite NO!!!

ive never said he aint good enough for our team ever . Of course he is good enough he is a class player I said his finishing could be better

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
versa said:
Correct me if I am wrong, thought that immaculate record has been broken in the FA Cup loss to Portsmouth??!

No need for correction, you are correct. I meant to say in the league.

That is a very good point by the way. He had some decent chances in that game too and wasted them too.

In any case, I'm sure he's disappointed with his own finishing. He doesn't need reminding, but I need to vent, because it has been frustrating watching all those chances go to waste.

And people used to moan about Andy Cole!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
RedForceRising said:
No need for correction, you are correct. I meant to say in the league.

That is a very good point by the way. He had some decent chances in that game too and wasted them too.

In any case, I'm sure he's disappointed with his own finishing. He doesn't need reminding, but I need to vent, because it has been frustrating watching all those chances go to waste.

And people used to moan about Andy Cole!

yeh thats what this threads about it doesnt mean you dont rate him as a player but he misses to many chances thats the point so we have moan on here then we forgive him simple

101 - 106 of 106 Posts